It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very real, scary experience with doll/toys. Anyone had any?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Someone just posted about images that appeared on their fridge that they saw when they were little and it reminded me of this.

I had this doll my grandma gave me when I was about 3. it was 4 feet tall, very life like with long blond curly hair and had a nice dress. My guess is it was already 50 or so years old. her name was Lucy. And I always felt scared around her. I thought she was cool and wanted to play with her but I felt uneasy as she always looked like she was looking at me. She was put in my wall cupboard, standing up just resting against the wall. And she was heavy and almost my height and I'd tried to lift her up before but she was way too heavy.

Anyway getting back to Lucy. As soon as we got her that's when my bad nightmares started. This is from my memory. And I explain these as I remember them as I was quite young and sure reality is blurred with my dreams. Every night I would remember waking up and see Lucy walking towards me. Not taking smooth strides like we walk. Just imagine if I took still photographs of her walking towards me. and flicked through them. That's what it would look like. And she'd stand next to me, or sit in the couch and reach over and touch my hair. I remember that really clearly. And just assume it's a dream that stands out.

Now here's where it gets weird. My mum has told me she'd run up stairs hearing me crying out for her and see Lucy on the chair or standing there next to me. And didn't know how she'd gotten there. So she'd put her back, comfort me and then go back downstairs. Only to be woken up hours later with the same events repeating. This happened almost every night for a few months. Something that stands out that mum said was Lucy would always be facing her when she would come into my room. She finally moved the doll into the cupboard downstairs. And here is where it gets weird. I can have a distinct image of me standing at the top of the stairs and seeing Lucy at the bottom, coming up towards me. And I remember feeling scared but comforted at the same time. And this is the last thing I remember besides dad saying he ' Got rid of her.' My nightmares stopped the night dad moved her.
Now I pass these off as dreams that just felt really real. But it's just a really odd thing to remember.

And whenever I've told someone about it they found it really interesting. And usualy have their own story about a toy,painting, figurine that they found creepy.

I was wondering if any of you guys had any stories to share about odd experiences with Dolls etc.? Also any comments/explanations on Lucy?

*** edit*** ANY feedback would be great guys, as no ones ever been able to give me any :S

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Zyklon]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That is one of the creepiest stories ever! wheres the doll now?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That is a creepy story.. Sounds to me like someone with a strong attachment to that doll may have passed away but not let go. While I've never had a personal experiernce such as yours, it's not an uncommon story.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
"...And there’s a creepy doll
That always follows you
It’s got a pretty mouth
To swallow you whole ..."

www.jonathancoulton.com...

Sorry, it was just a creepy story about a creepy doll, and I couldn't get this song out of my head....
It's the stuff of legends. Good story, even if it isn't true (and I'm not suggesting you're making it up)...

Edit: the song on the link is free to DL, made available to you by the great Jonathan Coulton (composer/singer of said song).

[edit on 27-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Creepy story. I find it odd that after this kept occuring and your mother kept finding the dool in these positions, I assume that you told her of the dreams, that they didn't do anything about it for so long? If my kid told me that they had dreams like that, and I actually foun the doll moved, I imagine I'd think the child had moved it and then turned on the watre works, but if this kept happening, I'd lock the doll somewhere and gofrom there. I sure as hell wouldn;t let it happen for a few months...

But hey, dolls like that creep me the hell out anyway. This sounds very reminiscent of the X-Files episode 'Chinga', in which a large china doll is actually alive/possesed in some way...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I hate life-size, realistic-looking dolls! They give me the creeps. Mine were in my bedroom closet and I couldn't sleep well at night but never had nightmares about them. And I had to 'donate' those to a local charity to stop thinking about those creepy inanimated objects. That's why I opted for stuffed animals. They are cuter, too.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
jeezzz... just checkin out threads around here and that is CREEPY! I will NEVER now buy a life size doll. The only life size thing I have in my house is slightly smaller than a life-size pony that my really little sister has. Holy Crap! You should talk to paranormal investigors and hunt down that old doll *shivers*

Good Story Anyways

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There's been a few horror movies about that. I still think they should have had a Born Again Chucky sequel though. " Hi! I'm Chucky! wanna pray?"

I have had recovered childhood memories of a three jawed snake flying through the air. Many years later, I also had a student doctor or intern at a doctors office I used to go to.

He saw it there and they eventually drove him to suicide. I had to go to his funeral. He had a twin brother so it was really weird. Before he died I had to go to shared appointments with him for some odd reason. He would sit in his chair in a fetal position. It was sad when I think back on it.

You could see these objects but you couldn't see the people who were holding them. They've also done this with dead people like in the movie: Weekend and Bernies.

So, from that, I would say it may be possible the doll had some bizarre attatchment and curse that these people used with it. If it was with you, (OP) they probably would have continued in some other way.

Maybe you have even more memories you have repressed?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
when i was 6 or 7,, i can clearly remember one exact night as a child,,,,i was always scared of the dark and going to bed on the second floor by myself,,,,,so this nite my older sister was laying with me till i would fall asleep,,,,well she ended up falling asleep,,,,The door to my room was open and i could see her bed ,,,,,i remembering sitting up and i could see the last 2 feet or so of her bed. i sat up and looked and i swear to god i saw cookie monsters in her bed and he fell of onto some shopping bags next to the bed... I know it sounds crazy,,, but i can still picture it to this day 20 years later and i could swear it really happened.

anyway months ago, my mom and i got talking and she told me our house was haunted,,, plants would move and sway for no reason,,,,,and she would yell out loud to "leave my kids alone!!!"

in fact,,,,,for years my little brother refused to wear shirts with buttons,, until he was probably 12.

he told my mom he would see a lady with a big coat and all buttoned up to her neck outside his crib and bed. apparently this is who my mom would yell at

right now i can picture his feet as he fell off the bed onto the bags,,, so real,,,,,and such a crisp memory

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Creepy. I always joke around about dolls walking around the house at night while you sleep, as if entities use them as vessels to travel about. I joke, but it's really out of a nervousness about the idea. When I was a kid, my older sadistic cousin chased me down the stairs with one of those Charlie McCarthy looking dummies. At 4 years old, that can be traumatic.

There are some things that I just don't like, and dolls are lumped in with that group of clowns, jesters, and whatever else masks its true identity. Like that toy clown from Poltergeist that pulls the kid under the bed, that was especially creepy. A guy I played football with in school told me about a birthday party he went to once. The kids were running around the basement and ran into a doll that was propped up in the doorway. According to him, it was propped up by itself and wouldn't move. I guess there was some screaming going on, one kid peed himself, and most of them just wanted to go home because of the incident. Don't know what happened to the doll. I wasn't there so I can't corroborate the story.

Shows like The Twilight Zone and X-Files have done shows on evil or possessed dolls. I expect there's a reason somewhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I replied to all in a big reply because I'm Australian and my right therefore to be lazy

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
That is one of the creepiest stories ever! wheres the doll now?

The doll is actually I've found out still in the house somewhere.

Originally posted by Vector JI find it odd that after this kept occuring and your mother kept finding the dool in these positions, I assume that you told her of the dreams, that they didn't do anything about it for so long?

To be honest I'm really not sure why mum didn't move it earlier. She's quite bright but when it came to things like this she shrugs them off as imagination and me being silly. I can remember this one time when I was little sleeping in my parents bed in between mum and dad. waking and sitting up. And seeing little tiny men( like faries or gnomes) the size of my palm dancing around the bed. And me having some in my hand and closing my hand and them just turning into dust. I woke my dad up to look but when he started talking it felt like someone had taken a blind fold off me and I snapped back into reality.. I'm pretty sure I was asleep and dreaming everything (upright though, I think that's sleepwalking right?) But I got in a lot of trouble because of my overactive imagination. So with stuff like that my mums always had the view I had too much of a imagination.

Originally posted by aleon1018
Maybe you have even more memories you have repressed?

I have a some memories of things that happened that I remember as real feeling dream/weird experiences and odd things that happened now and again. But my parents have said things over the years that are about things I used to say when I was younger. And they wont elaborate on them. Would you be able to explain more about you seeing the snake? You've sparked my curiosity

Originally posted by shortywarn
right now i can picture his feet as he fell off the bed onto the bags,,, so real,,,,,and such a crisp memory

I know the feeling, it confuses me. It feels very real, but also contradicts what I think isn't real making me think it didn't happen :S

Thanks v much for the feedback guys. I pretty much never bring this up with anyone I know. And it's good to share it with some people

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Old dolls always have a tendency to creep us out. It may have something to do with that fact that old dolls weren't stamped out in mass by a factory. Usually old dolls were made by a doll maker, and it took time. I'm sure a lot of love went into making these things, and sometimes that can resonate to us a long time after the doll maker has passed. Anyway, just my two cents..

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I did a search of "scary dolls". Can you imagine waking up
at 3:00AM to one of these little darlings sitting on the nightstand, "looking"
at you? AAAAHHHHHH!!!

[edit on 28-4-2008 by lw2525]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Reminds me of this girl who lived down the street from me who complained about her dolls when she was little.

Mreh, i'll start worrying about it when i see comparisions between modern times and one particular instance that freaked the sh#t out of me when i was a kid.

Can you say, flying skulls?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What a creepy yet awesome doll experience! I have always loved dolls, and have asked my mother to please keep her doll collection for me one day. Dolls are wonderful friends for little girls, I cant say about boys since I was only a little girl myself, but I have never had a creepy doll experience.

My son was terrified of dolls as a child, though, and to this day(he is 17) he HATES dolls, but ESP the Charlie McCarthy doll my evil sister had to play with around him when he was little.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Ahhhh gee thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyklon

I suggest you look more into implants and abductions for mind control projects. Whether these are done by humans, reptilians, spirits and or aliens is unclear. It's most likely that they have the ability in one way or another to make you see things that aren't really there and then leave dust behind as if proof these things were actually made of dancing dust particles.

Some might say demons and shapeshifters etc. Also look into the stories on rods which is very similar to this dust left behind. The dust may just be some type of household powder such as flour or powdered sugar etc. People who claim to be abductees remember odd creatures such as a huge bug, animal or other. These are probably what we know as dolls and animated objects.

A hypnotherapist might help, although most can't afford that. There might be some paranormal research group willing to help also. The flying snake was probably fake. Some legends make reference to serpents and snakes talking to them. Someone appears to be playing mind games with us throughout our history. It's some type of shell game. Maybe they do these things because they can and it's their form of recreation. It reminds me of the animated movie: Monsters Inc.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It could be psychological, because you realy wanted to play with the doll you could of been sleep walking.

You might want to ask some proffessionals about it.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

I thought about that. But I didn't want to play with her anymore after the first night she was in my room.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Hmm that's very interesting actually. A friends mum of mine is a hypotherapist so that's possible. I've thought about going to one before just to see what happens. I might just give it a go

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join