It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reno urged to prepare for more quakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Reno urged to prepare for more quakes

www.cnn.com

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- Scientists urged residents of northern Nevada's largest city to prepare for a bigger event as the area continued rumbling Saturday after the largest earthquake in a two-month-long series of temblors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Scary. I sense that with the swarms off the Oregon coast and the Midwestern quake last week, something big is about to happen, I hope not, but signs are pointing to it.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have a thought on this.... That earthquake that caused the tsunami was so big that it messed everything up.. So the strain is moving towards the east .. which I have been keeping track of and noticed... First it was in the Pacific.. the Chile... Maybe it will keep moving towards the east until it figures out its balance... or the other theory is that the strain of the galactic plane's center is causing something beyond our understanding to happen and the earthquakes are increasing in size and intensity... Of course I do not know that for a fact.. does anyone have any info on whether earthquakes have increasing in frequency and or intersity.... Anyhow.. what makes this strange is that it is a swarm getting larger in intensity instead of less...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have a thought on this.... That earthquake that caused the tsunami was so big that it messed everything up.. So the strain is moving towards the east .. which I have been keeping track of and noticed... First it was in the Pacific.. the Chile... Maybe it will keep moving towards the east until it figures out its balance... or the other theory is that the strain of the galactic plane's center is causing something beyond our understanding to happen and the earthquakes are increasing in size and intensity... Of course I do not know that for a fact.. does anyone have any info on whether earthquakes have increasing in frequency and or intersity.... Anyhow.. what makes this strange is that it is a swarm getting larger in intensity instead of less...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ats1629

It is strange indeed. Even scientists agree to that. We had an earthquake here, in north Georgia, last year, I have lived here most of my life, and do not remember ever having such an event before, not one that everyone felt. They say that Stone Mountian stretches underneath this area, and on into Alabama, Tennessee, and North Carolina, protecting us from earthquakes in this area, but rock breaks too! The night we had an earthquake I remember hearing a loud screachy sound, like running your finger around a wine glass, then the shaking came. I pictured the screaching coming from miles of rock breaking.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There was just an earthquack in the midwest that was felt over 900 miles away.

Source Link

One like this in that region has not happend in about 40 years.

It is clear that the Earth is going through changes. And I believe that yes earthquakes are becoming more intense, and hitting areas that have been settled for long periods of time.

Here is a link you might like to have if you don't already have it.

Star

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Hey Stari, I just happened to have been on another quake site when that one hit, seems something is looming in Nevada, people need to take heed and get the f out.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
polar shift....one could call it a speculation but it has happened before and while traveling and traversing the astral plane I see we have endured it before in previous lifetimes. Perhaps an explanation of our fascination with the demise of our living earth, rather than the harmonious synchronization of our united energies(mass consciousness)....

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
With all of this weird quake activity, off the coast of Oregon, quake in Nevada, the recent quake in Kentucky and large eruption in Hawaii, has anyone heard of anything going on unusual at Yellowstone?

If that thing ever blows it'll make half the US look like Pompeii.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Check this out Mike, this is the most recent activity at Yellowstone:

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW#1205-01-)
44.43°N 110.67°W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Aviation Color Code: GREEN

MARCH 2008 Yellowstone Seismicity Summary

During March 2008, 147 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone National Park area. The largest of these shocks was a magnitude 4.2 on March 25, 2008 at 05:59 AM (MDT) located about 19 miles NE of Fishing Bridge, WY, and near the east boundary of the park. The shock was felt in Yellowstone National Park, Cody WY and surrounding areas of Wyoming and Montana. The mainshock was followed by three aftershocks of magnitudes 1.0 to 2.4. Also, an earthquake swarm occurred March 11 to 16th about 5 miles north northwest of Old Faithful, YNP. This sequence had 73 events ranging from magnitude 0.0 to 2.6. An additional earthquake swarm was located about 2 miles southeast of West Yellowstone, Montana on March 21 to 22nd. This sequence had 17 events ranging from magnitude -0.9 to 1.5.

Earthquake activity in the Yellowstone region is at normal background levels.

Ground Deformation Summary: Through March 2008, continuous GPS data show that most of the Yellowstone caldera continued moving upward at similar to slightly lower rates as the past year. The maximum measured ground uplift over the past 40 months is ~19 cm at the White Lake GPS station. An example can be found at: pboweb.unavco.org...

The general uplift of the Yellowstone caldera is scientifically interesting and will continue to be monitored closely by YVO staff.

An article on the current uplift episode at Yellowstone and discussion of long-term ground deformation at Yellowstone and elsewhere can be found at: volcanoes.usgs.gov...

-----
The Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) is a partnership of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), Yellowstone National Park, and University of Utah to strengthen the long-term monitoring of volcanic and earthquake unrest in the Yellowstone National Park region. Yellowstone is the site of the largest and most diverse collection of natural thermal features in the world and the first National Park. YVO is one of the five USGS Volcano Observatories that monitor volcanoes within the United States for science and public safety.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
that Reno quake was also near Lake Tahoe,

what if new faults & rock fissures suddenly drain the lake? ?possible?

I'm also looking south of Reno towards the infamous Yucca Mountain nuclear waste storage area... has anyone seen reports of what the jolt has done to this guaranteed 'Safe' & 'geologically stable' region !!

and the potential larger jolts which are anticipated...
will the govt be proven wrong again in selecting Yucca Mountain as the nations central storage area for nuclear waste ?

i'd really hate to see regional earthquakes cause the underground storage of nuclear waste to get flooded out or even suffer partial collapse

+++++++++++++

side issue: trying to earn my way to 33 more points, so as to hit 28882 a nice symmetrical figure... no betting allowed

[edit on 27-4-2008 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

join