It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If only 10 could be saved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The end of the world is near and the last hope for mankind are the little grey who just offered you to pick up just 10 persons (5 males- 5 females) to save (don't you wish he just came in a bigger saucer?).
So who would be on top of your list and why? Keeping in mind that these people will have the duty to maintain our species alive!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
My thoughts came up with a quick answer: perform a random sampling on some population with your criteria of five males and five females and hope for the best. Good luck!

[edit on 2008-4-27 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hope they leave the hoax callers behind and take the believers who stand for some thing.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Noe~Lot]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Serious answer: None.

It takes approximately 30 or more individuals for a stable genetic base with "acceptable" amounts of inbreeding to occur. Thus 10 is no way near enough and would just result in a genetically weak species in the future.

Joke Answer:
I would choose 4 really really old guys, myself, and any five of the NFL Colts' cheerleaders... You work it out

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Why 5 males and 5 females? That's a horrible scenario to begin with. A faster way to begin repopulating would be maybe 3 males and 7 females. Equal numbers of males and females is a bad situation when attempting to revive the human race.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'd pick 5 gay guys and 5 gay gals. Humans have had long enough on this planet. We've only messed it up. Time to let an adult take charge.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I presume in the 10 saved, you yourself would be included (not the OP but the reader) so therefore for me it would be 4 males (no point putting myself out in the cold) and 5 females

I would take 4 people of a higher than average IQ and 5 of a standard IQ.
The chosen would be in excellent health, with a varied immune response system
Age range would be 21+ and less than 50 years.

Good looks would help!

"a man being rich is like a girl being pretty. sure its not everything, but my goodness, doesn't it help?" -Marilyn Monroe

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hey dude, I just wanna let you know I like your avatar. Cuz I'm a ninja myself. Perhaps I should make an avatar like that. It's gonna be pretty epic.

To answer your question: I would pick 5 supermodels and 4 unattractive males. So the 5 females will be all mine.

I'll pick:
Elizabeth Hurley
Milla Jovovich
Jessica Alba
Scarlett Johansson
Naomi Watts

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Pagani]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I would say take the first ten people that responded to your thread. (I am number nine.) We are the only ones worthy.

Do we have any concensus on that?

Edit: I left out something. Needless to say, you the Oracle are going to be our leader. Obviously. So I suggest -- quit pretending this is just idle speculation, and start showing some leadership skills! Get with it! Just where precisely are we suppose to be meeting?

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The most poorest people in the world who know they have to survive with nature and earth. They have no idea what computers or fuel for transportation are. They only live off what earth has given them to survive. They know no machines or politics to do this. They seek nobody's help but their own instinct to overcome hard times and they understand nature. Five men and five women who give birth together and watch out for one another. They stress the uppermost importants of family and diversity. All the doctors, scientists, lawyers, politicians and elite can kiss the crap between their knees and leave.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
The most poorest people in the world who know they have to survive with nature and earth. They have no idea what computers or fuel for transportation are. They only live off what earth has given them to survive. They know no machines or politics to do this. They seek nobody's help but their own instinct to overcome hard times and they understand nature. Five men and five women who give birth together and watch out for one another. They stress the uppermost importants of family and diversity. All the doctors, scientists, lawyers, politicians and elite can kiss the crap between their knees and leave.

very good answer!

However most of these forgotten tribes have been found and their are probably only few left!

Only the strongest and inteligent will survive!

[edit on 29-4-2008 by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Do not know if I would trust the Greys but hypothetically Myself and my friends beyond child bearing age and gay men. Humanity does not need another go.

If say humanity does deserve another chance, I would hope they could somehow measure consciousness and take the 10 most conscious people.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My wife & two children (a little boy & a little girl, BTW). That leaves only 6 left. I'd pick another young couple with a little boy and a little girl so our children aren't alone. The last 2 picks I'll use on my parents.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
lol I am hoping and presuming that you arent looking at the long term scenario or taking into account the necessity for procreation.

Otherwise your choices would lead to horrific inbreeding, would they not?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Dude you got me all confused. Cause like, the bible says Adam and Eve procreated and thanks to that we are all here. So my point is this. If it worked for Adam and Eve why would it not work for 10 people, 5 male 5 females. Surely the scientist must be wrong... am I right?

[edit on 29-4-2008 by Pagani]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
lol I am hoping and presuming that you arent looking at the long term scenario or taking into account the necessity for procreation.

Otherwise your choices would lead to horrific inbreeding, would they not?

I'm figuring realistically speaking you're not going to repopulate the Earth with only 5 pairs of humans. I mean even Genesis claims that the daughters of Adam went out and married the men of reknown who were of the Earth. So even from a Biblical standpoint, it simply isn't feasible to do this with only 10 people and expect anything other than disaster if your ultimate goal is continuing the species. So, I figured, who are the people who matter most to me? My family, of course. The other young couple already with 2 children guarantees at least my current offspring will have mates and, hopefully, that couple can keep up with my wife and I if we have more kids.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I pretty much ruled out repopulation with only 5 pairs.

Fair enough logic on your part I guess.

Reply to pagani : I do hope thats sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
I am hoping and presuming that you arent looking at the long term scenario or taking into account the necessity for procreation. Otherwise your choices would lead to horrific inbreeding, would they not?

Here is a particularly disgusting secret that everyone is either clueless about, or refuses to discuss and probably for good reason. (I am a bit reluctant to share it here – but I am reminded to deny ignorance at whatever cost.)

Here is the secret:

Inbreeding, as a method of improving the species, works great!

The only trick -- just get rid of all the horrific mistakes made along the way.

When you limit the gene pool, you concentrate the really good genes along with the bad ones. If you can eliminate the grotesque and tragic mistakes along the way (and I guess I’m talking about infanticide here) then you end up with a very fast evolving human race with really exceptional intelligence, strength, and talent.

That is how they bred Beagles and Dalmatians to be such great (but starkly different) dogs.

Please – I’m not making any suggestions here. I’m just pointing out something that most people may not be aware of.

#

Edit: This post of mine kind of bothers me -- I was just now going to delete it, but now that I have the edit pad open, I think I'm just going fix some phrasing and leave it -- for better or for worse. Okay.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Buck Division]

top topics

join