It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

russian coup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
president putin recently disbanded the entire russian goverment. He could be "cleaning house" or it could be a communist coup

I hope its choice A

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
putin is definitely shifty. we're holding hands with him rightnow.....but it looks like weve got stalin jr. on our hands............

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yeah there was a thread about this earlier. Im not scared of a communist coup, I see it more of Putin clearning house and eliminating oppostion for some of his policies, particularly the war in Chechnya, something everyone is critiquing but no one knows how to solve. Thats the thing that scares me, how much the world overlooks the Chechen conflict.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
it dos't have the charactoristics of a coup either. He didn't use the military and there are elections soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Elections dont always equal a democratic system, espcially if there is only one candidate on the ballot. The chances of a communist coup dont seem high, considering most intelligent people realize now that human nature will always ruin communism, because people become greedy and want more while doing less rathar than a get-what-you-give type of system.

new topics

top topics

join