It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when 2012 and 13 and 15 go by and nothing happens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
When nothing happens in 2012?

I'll laugh hysterically at some of you guys! Then I'd probably think some people on ATS are, erm, crazy. But in all honest, on the day the Earth is going to end I may look to the skies...

Yeah, wouldn't you be peeved if the messiah (or the aliens or the meteor) were to arrive a few weeks after you died???

No, I'd be dead.

[edit on 27/4/2008 by C0bzz]

[edit on 27/4/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandermast

Perhaps they haven't seen it, perhaps they are aware of the context and the humor intended and have seen plenty of 'SHTF' threads that they've let it fly

If my book was released, with wildly inaccurate information (possibly supplied by a spirit guide or reptoid visitor) with a similar cover to the one intended, then I know some people will buy it, if only my mother so she can say her son is a published writer.
There's always someone looking at the doom and gloom, and whilst there are people prepared to buy it, there will be someone willing to sell it.
Having a controversial title will also help sell it, as Oscar Wilde once said:

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about

I may run with this idea and write a small book ££
$$

Now how do I get permission to use Sandra Bullock's backside in my photographs. Celebrity endorsement will certainly help sell!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The US economy will probably collapse by 2012 due to massive debt. Some top, top economists seem to feel so, including one nobel prize winner. With the collapse will come martial law. This doesn't sound like "nothing happens" to me. Who knows what reaction, or depravity will flow from this state of martial law. Reports are coming in about new fema camps being built. Police are federalized, practice martial law drills. The president has given himself almost complete power. Continuity of government plans are drawn up that congress even can't look at.
And there is a little problem with a nuclear reactor being built at Bushehr that has yet to be dealt with....................................................................

[edit on 27-4-2008 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

They'll just pick new FAKE dates for whatever tripe they're trying to peddle. The planet x'ers are my favorite cultists who pretend to know what's gong to happen on 2012.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

The best thing to do is not to play the "What if?" game. What if you are bitten by a radioactive newt tomorrow that then causes you to vomit radioactive waste? Well that would be horrible. What I am getting at is that you can "what if" about the future as much as you like, but I used to do it constantly and it goes no where.

It is important to keep an eye on the future, but hypothetical guessing can and usually does bring up situations that don't necessarily have any grounding in reality. If nothing happens in 2012 what will happen? I would be very disappointed and I would have to rethink a lot of things. Oh well. Or maybe Sony or Burger King will conquer the Earth and build giant corporate sponsored living domes to ensure customer satisfaction. God, I hope not.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Since no one has discoverd the ultimate meaning of the calenders ending I have no doubt that 2012 will come and go without a bruhaha

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nothing. Absolutely nothing is going to happen other than another year will go by. Humans will be doing what they always been doing and that is work and pay taxes and perhaps worry about more wars.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
what do you guys dont understand about polar shift and its consequences it said and proven that will happen scientifically

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

Links? Gotta have links to credible, unbiased sources. University studies perhaps?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

its been removed but watch this until i find it
www.youtube.com...

here check this out
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 27-4-2008 by grimm703]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

This is so funny as I just posted elsewhere about the closed mindedness of scientists, but here goes. It has been shown by mathematical computations, geographical evidence (the ocean shelves with magnetic banding strongly showing proof of magnetic shifts), and tests that illustrate that Earth's magnetic field is shrinking at a more rapid pace than if the magnetic field just stopped and faded away.

Now, the issue is that some extinctions match up with polar shifting in the past and the fossil record is somewhat clear on that. However, there have been far too many polar shifts in Earth history to outright say that a cataclysm is upon us. I would guess to say within six months we are going to start noticing the shift. DO NOT HOLD ME TO IT. Many are saying that it will take place next year, and if that is so the process has already begun although biological organisms on Earth are profoundly resistant to magnetism so we just might not notice until the last, last, second.

Some believe that this shift will begin a revolution of spirituality, and to me it certainly feels like the old ways of Earth are certainly trying to maintain a stranglehold throughout societies and cultures. I haven't a clue, but a guy can hope can't he? I mean, I hope it doesn't cause a mega volcano to appear then choke us out save the most foul members of our species. Many guys living in their mother's basements breathe more than enough methane already to survive a puny mega volcano!

That is what I found to be strangest of all, we can't feel this shift directly, save that many do feel a movement towards the spiritual. There is a possibility that this polar shift may just answer questions we never knew existed. Like I said, all I can do is hope, and wait. I hate that.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703
what do you guys dont understand about polar shift and its consequences it said and proven that will happen scientifically

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say.
Are you suggesting there will be a polar shift on 2012? If so why and when was the last polar shift? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ok let's go ahead and dispel this whole polar shift nonsense.

POLE SHIFT

Recent work by scientists and geologists Adam Maloof of Princeton University and Galen Halverson of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, indicates that Earth indeed rebalanced itself around 800 million years ago during the Precambrian time period.[8] They tested this idea by studying magnetic minerals in sedimentary rocks in a Norwegian archipelago. Using these minerals, Maloof and Halverson found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees — about the current distance between Alaska and the equator — in less than 20 million years. This reasoning is supported by a record of changes in sea level and ocean chemistry in the Norwegian sediments that could be explained by true polar wander, the team reports in the September–October 2006 issue of the Geological Society of America Bulletin.[9]

Research using GPS, conducted by Geoffrey Blewitt of the University of Nevada, has shown that normal seasonal changes in the distribution of ice and water cause minor movements of the poles.[10]

source wiki

Ok to recap, the last major pole shift happened 800 million years ago and it took approximately 20 million years to happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
my skepticism is kicking, if ur a teacher in gi gong, or tai chi, why would you obviously do the biggest thing that quirks legit qi gong teachers, the miss spelling of gi gong as chi kung which tells me you dont really know gi gong and ur teachiny maybe a version some hippy taught you in a bally or 24 hour fitness, and you didnt mention what style of tai chi, no one just teaches tai chi, it's either yang, chen, or sun, or that knock off fake tai chi chi. Something tells me you were dupped by your teacher if you even had one. Sorry if it seems like I'm attacking it's just that I've been associated with the martial arts all my life and I can tell when someone just by the way the spell things doesnt really know what there teaching.

edit: and to stay on subject I dont believe anything is gonna happen, I highly believe in sylvia brown and she says aliens aint coming till 2050 and she doesnt see anything major around those time lines. I believe all those people are jus trying to make a quick buck off of mass hysteria

[edit on 27-4-2008 by b.monki]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

it will happen but way faster which will lead to natural catastrophe anyway time will be the main factor just watch how worse its going to get from now on

i dont believe anything but like they say the mark of an educated mind is to entertain an idea without believing on it

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

it will happen but way faster which will lead to natural catastrophe anyway time will be the main factor just watch how worse its going to get from now on

i dont believe anything but like they say the mark of an educated mind is to entertain an idea without believing on it

But what evidence do you have that it will happen?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

i already did check out my precedent reply or just look for it on youtube perhaps it meant to be a secret

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

i already did check out my precedent reply or just look for it on youtube perhaps it meant to be a secret

Sorry I'm not sure what this means. Have you posted any evidence that a pole shift will happen? If not, can you post it here?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

here s one of the links
www.gvnr.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That's hysterically funny! LOL!

Mark, if you're not already writing comedy for a living, you should.

Originally posted by Mark Roazhar
You'll be happy to know that it's all explained in my New Book

2018 - The 5hit Hits The Fan!

Available from all good bookshops if you ask nice!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join