It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when 2012 and 13 and 15 go by and nothing happens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
2012 has already been heavily emotionalized, like so many other end-of-the-world/doomsday/ascent-into-higher-consciousness dates already passed, where nothing much happened.

Nothing much is going to happen in 2012 either, except The Olympic Games in London which is going to make it a pain in the ass to get around my city for a couple of weeks.

I lost count of the number of times I have had to endure 'We're going to enter into a new, higher realm of consciousness in 1977/1980/1982/1984/1990/1999/2000/2001' prophecies. Now I am older and wiser, I realize it's all bollocks.

Roll on 2013, when we can all get on with our work as normal.

The only thing which is going to cause a big change in global society is official ET disclosure, but the timing of this will be determined by those who will pay no attention to an emotionalized date on a calender, which in itself doesn't mean squat.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bovarcher

so even scientifically proven about polar shift even einstein said so no no i feel it something will happen i do not know what it is or if its negative nor positive

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703
so you saying the aliens will help us perhaps save us then what botherway i like your signature a deep meaning ...lol

Can you rephrase that please??????

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

are you claiming that highly intelligent being will come to our earth with their unbelievable technology to save us

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
We are fatals with a very short lifespan relative to history of mankind, history of the world, history of the universe, etc.

Yet, every generation has a longing to witness an "extraordinary event that will change everything". Depending on the person's priorities or obsessions, this could be the return of the messiah, the destruction of earth, arrival or discovery of alien life forms, a meteor impact on earth, end of times, armageddon, etc.

Yeah, wouldn't you be peeved if the messiah (or the aliens or the meteor) were to arrive a few weeks after you died???

Truth is, the chances are soo against you as far as probabilities go...

If you think about it, someone who was born in early 20th century and lived for 80 years or so, has witnessed 2 world wars, annihilation of races, nations, ideologies... Man's journey to the moon, previously unfathomable scientific advances, completion of earth's conquer by man.... Not to mention the big approach to the millenium....

Yet, nothing supernatural happened, messiah did not come, aliens are yet to make provable contact, meteor did not hit, and the world did not come to an end...

Things happen around us all the time, but like a fish unaware of water, we ignore it. The killing of millions of jews and others simply went unnoticed while it was happening but the Y2K scare was spread worldwide. People are being killed by the millions in Asia and Africa, while people on ATS are talking about the NWO's planning to reduce the planet's population by 2012...

Life is a present tense affair not future... Instead of being scared of what will happen, pay attention to what IS happening now.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by may_be_true

i agree but thinking of the future will make us ready

always expect the worse and hope for the best

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Just to be a smart ass....WOW is it possible that the mods on here totally missed that you have a one liner...and that it also says "#" in it?!!??

edit to circumvent fould language "SH*T"

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Vandermast]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thanks guys for your views...

it just really sucks that we will never be certain of this existence and things to come....im getting more and more angry with my fellow man for not wakeing up and doing the right things. I live in Barcelona now....very touristic city and i walk around the streets some days and try count or wander who knows about all this stuff and who has seen through the goverment systems. etc.......guys i reaally really hope something changes soon it cant carry on like this....this sucks man

SUMDUMONKEY

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

Would be like taking an umbrella along for a stroll in the Sahara...

Oh wait, an umbrella would be pretty handy actually in that sun...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by may_be_true

we are not perfect thus i will take it and if the wind is strong i will throw it away it is a simple step by step

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SUMDUMONKEY

I am sensitive to many things and I have felt and seen an escalating wave of anticipation or trepidation on the faces of my fellow human (depending which side one is on). It is sometimes palpable. I notice that there are those around me who are asleep though awake and they appear to be on edge about something they can't quite put their finger on.
The word "apocalypse" is supposed to mean "the lifting of a veil" in Greek. If that is the case, something very important to mankind is about to be revealed. Through family members, they were into the famous Aztec calendar before it was in - like the 1920s and the 1950s and felt it was most important. I am part Amer. Indian and my grandfather was once a Mason (but resigned) and there was a secretativeness to many things.
In 1987 there was something called the "harmonic concordance" and recently it's been revealed that the Earth itself resonates with a certain tone that we carry within as well. Could it be the coming of a true polar shift, a sudden onset of an ice age (that's right - opposite of all the warming hype) or could Planet X be getting closer. Even now we could be feeling its impending arrival and so is our Earth. Some of the planets in our solar system are getting itchy and edgy as well.
Were I to bet on something really, really big on a global scale happening to all of us and our little blue planet between now and 2012 - I would be on "Yes" rather than "No". I think whatever it will turn out to be, we will have a choice to decide whether this is the most exciting of time for mankind to be alive or the most terrifying. Turn in and be observant and prepare to choose your reaction. Jesus Christ said he would be with us "until the end of the age" - and the Piecan age (Jesus' age astronomically) is ending as we go into Acquarius. Good Luck!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
December 21st, 2012 is a FRIDAY!!!! PARTY TIME!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Then we all keep marching towards death. We get old and we all get our own little 2012......Alone, as blackness swallows your mind and pain grips a body that cant move.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The Post about the Sh#t hitting the fan in 2018 is dead on, and funny as hell...good job.

There is a cottage industry revolving around the end of times, and UFO's, and a few other subjects...these are businesspeople feeding a fear or ideal to a willing and gullible group. This Industry spreads fear and ignorance, and why i detest it. People will spend their lives chasing a rainbow ( greys and reptoids and fill in the blank) instead of enriching the world around them.

There are 9+ million Mayans living in the Yucatan and Guatemala...why doesnt anyone ask them what their ancestors believed in...its not the jetsom and flotsom seen floating around, and it certainly isnt the end of times. It is simply flipping over a page in a calendar.
it wont sell anyones books, or have humanity holding hands singing kumbaya on December 2012, but it is the truth.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealYoda7

I expect humans to be more aware to our alien counterparts by 2012. They've saved us from nuclear armageddon multiple times.

Peace.

please post a link proving this

sounds to good to be true

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
I posted this exact thread a little while ago. If mine is any indication than you're not gonna get many replies, though you do already have more than mine. Maybe I'm just not liked around here...
My thread here.

HAHA, not even a single reply to your post. Perhaps you should change your handle to Threadfail?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I made a thread in the same vein as this a few months back, check it out here. As you can see from my thread, I don't think anything will happen and everyone who believed will strat making new wild claims for other dates,orsimply excuses...

*EDIT* Note to self: Learn to spell...

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Vector J]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Life will likely go on in 2013 and the changes may be subtle.

I am on the fence when it comes to 2012 prophecies.

I hope this will be the day we find peace.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandermast

If I am not out of place here, there are 2 lines. One before the promo poster and 1 after. Aslo, the 'offencive' word is the title of the book.
That aside. still very apt in the circumstancs I feel

P.S. Since this is becoming a self advertising thread have a look at this

[edit on 27/4/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

By 2016, we would already have had several years of new 2020, 2024, 2036 and 2048 doom and end-of-world theories to keep the businesses running. So don't worry about the end-of-world conspiracists, they know how to make a living.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join