It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Britain, Interpol warn of increased terror risk in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

US, Britain, Interpol warn of increased terror risk in China

rawstory.com

The US and Britain issued new travel alerts warning of an increased terrorist threat in China Friday, as Interpol said Beijing must prepare for a possible Al-Qaeda attack at the Olympics.

The US State Dep't warned Americans travelling to the Asian country of a "heightened risk that extremist groups will conduct terrorist acts within China in the near future."

It said any large-scale public event, such as the Olympic Games in Beijing in August, "may present an attractive target for terrorists."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Is this a threat warning to China, or a threat?

It's a no-brainer that the Olympics in China--or anywhere else for that matter--brings with it the prospect of terrorism. But with US-China and European-China relations souring over economics and seeing Tibet used as a cudgel, the Chinese are now informed by the West to expect al Qaeda as Olympics guests.

Answered prayers for China, methinks.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well as long as they say so, I guess I believe them.

Was that Chertoff talking? That guy has incredible ethos, amazing credibility...of a satanist.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

No, they gave interpol and the state dept travelers advisory section the lead on this one. Chertoff only comes out at night on a full moon to scare the beejeebers out of domestic audiences.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by gottago]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

Oh, yeah it was the State Dept. I should read with more care.

But, yeah, I agree, Chertoff is just like Dick Cheney; for public appearances, they got to pull him from cannibalizing small children, clean him up, and get him to "smile" into the camera.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If you think about it, China is inevitably going to be the next big target for al Qaeda and other Muslim extremist groups.

1) China is becoming increasingly involved in world affairs, particularly in the Middle East and Africa. This activity is only going to rise.

2) The Chinese Government actively oppresses all religions (self-explanatory, as it's a communist government), including a small Muslim population (about 1.5% according to the most recent census).

And obviously the Olympics are a high profile event.

new topics

top topics

join