It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops charge 8-year-old with felony battery. Over crayons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Cops charge 8-year-old with felony battery. Over crayons.

blogs.usatoday.com

WBBH-TV says a fight over crayons led to felony charges against an 8-year-old boy in Fort Myers, Fla. The second-grader was charged with aggravated battery after a teacher told police that he hit some of his classmates and then punched his teacher during a violent outburst at Royal Palm Exceptional School.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
digg.com
Ohio boy, 13, faces 128 felony charges
North Carolina Officer Stops Bus and Arrests Kids for Making Faces and Obscene Gestures at Him (JonathanTurl ey.org)
Kid getting arrested and handcuffed by police

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Police pepper spray a baby in the eyes
Juveniles Tried As Adults - Right or Wrong?

[edit on 26-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

He is 8 ..if that charge goes through which it shouldn't his life is ruined. Well up until his record is expunged but I dont know if they would do that for an assault and battery charge.--bermudianguy

In Florida? What a #ing surprise. I am 44, when I was in grade school, we got in fights on the playground everyday. The teachers would pull us apart, make us shake hands and that was the end of it. So now it's felony charges? The teacher was injured by the 8 yr old? Bull#. See, this is what you get when you don't discipline your kids. Charge the parents, they are to blame here.--dondara

There's no other police-state like the U.S. This country is practically ruled by violence (especially unelected "public servants", such as corrupted-Judges, Police-officers/Paramilitary troops, which have have been attacking the young & old, rich & poor, since Martial Law was implemented on our land & in the U.K.

Police Arrest Little Kid

footage on camera as 4 UK Met. Police arrest a little boy after he swore at them. in total there was about 5 vans and 5 patrol cars parked up along the road where the camera is. totally unnecessary.

I don't know if the majority of police officers are taking too much steroids or doing the drugs that they've been confiscating from young adults, but I do know they have a extreme-rage, and the majority of those type of police-officers have been found innocent in the "court of law" after they harm or arrest innocent-victims, break up families, and lock small children in cells for no good reason!

Police-officers seem to arrest and imprison almost all types of people, beside their masters: most of royal-families, the bankers, who own the white house & high-degree Freemasons. We need to defend our children & protect them/keep them away from all sorts of wicked (especially pedophiles & violent gangs) CPS-workers & crazy Police.

Crazy cop arrests kids for SKATEBOARDING

Kid getting arrested and handcuffed by police

Kid arrested on a bus for swearing (London)

Police officers arrest young man on a bus in Barnet for swearing after being warned. Naughty naughty boy.--mainvain606

www.policecrimes.com
Police Crimes forum

Apparently, kids are arrested for a lot of normal things that happen in schools across the world, such as:
1. Playground-fights
2. Expressing their anger in childish (yet harmless) ways.
3. Free-speech

And when a kid goes off of school-grounds to express him-/herself or wave a sign in protest of the current criminal-administration or the illegitimate president of this tyrannical police-state, he or she will be arrested too.

Crazy government shills (such as horny CPS-workers & crazy police officers) do not welcome our children to live free & and express their anger in public. They'll even have children arrested for being patriotic:

Police ar[r]est anti-bush person for saying f-bush on sign

blogs.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Pretty soon these stories will be natural run of the mill news. Isnt that pathetic, the empowerment the police has now, and they do not hesitate to use every force available to them as a result.

I went to school with people who became good cops- They did the best they could, and those cops are getting on into their late 40's and 50's and , although i havent had contact with them lately, i am sure they would rather get retirement than be involved in the new crop of Neo con Cop Militia.

What a shame that even little kids have to FEAR them when we were always taught to go find one if we are faced with trouble.

But fear is the key word.

Fear of terrorists
fear of cops
fear of priests (somewhat deserved) not in all cases...but its there...
fear of giving payment on the internet with a credit card
fear of not paying taxes
fear of Al Ciada
fear of war
fear of being blown up by a nuke
fear your children have in schools, and anxieties about what could happen to them- encarceration and terrorist charges for throwing an eraser and missing the target.
Fear of travel
Fear of food running out
Fear of losing jobs
fear of losing your health and not having health insurance
fear of losing utilities
fear of losing your home

bla bla bla bla bla...

Kids arent allowed to be kids anymore- and lets not forget the pediphiles lurking around every street corner enticing little ones.
Lastly, fear of life, as a whole.
Will a shooter take our babies out in school today?

Now not all the above are government problems, but they have greatly contributed.

I mentioned in another thread i was taking care of my own grandson yesterday, poor soul, he has been thru trauma, very bad things in his life.
He's 7. I took care of him yesterday and it all culminated in him whipping a blunt object at my right eye!
My first instinct-whip his ass good...of course, i didnt, not because of fear of being turned in as an abuser but i have compassion for this little boy who's mother turned into a junkie and my oldest son is now raising.
He threw his hands around my neck after raising hell all day, destroying my house and said "grandma, i love you- i'm sorry".

See, kids will be kids! they want to be kids but they are not being allowed to experience things as we were.

Anyway, as i have said before- these teachers, while most of them good dedicated teachers/principals, there are a certain amount of them who are in the wrong profession. They just plain do not like kids and will be more than happy to call the cops the second one of these babies has a tantrum. That is NOT RIGHT!
I had teachers who hated kids!
Something has to happen and some compassion has to be a part of what these teachers give to children. I'm not talking about punks, i'm talking of little kids. It just breaks my heart that schools have 911 on speed dial, and will NOT be willing to resolve little issues.

Get the heck out of the school system and do something else, for Petes sakes!

I know some will read this and think i have something against teachers- why would i? At least not the old fashioned teacher.

Drugs in school- call the cops
a battle over crayons??? pfffft, for christ sakes, take care of it your damn selves!!!!!

My grandson will most likely act out in school since he was kidnapped by the mother, watched her and her boyfriend shoot up God knows what, was SEXUALLY abused. So now that his good dad has him, it will take him years, if at all to get rid of all that emotional baggage.

Does he deserve to have the cops handcuff him for his actions?NO!

Maybe i will take on school departments- just maybe. I got time on my hands.
This jst pisses me off to the point of using profanity.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Nothing better than starting with the "young ones" to start brainwashing them into accepting that in American the only free is the elite that rules our corrupted government.

Start them young to see the government and the police as the law of the land.

Civil rights, the constitution? they don't need no stinky constitution that is nothing more than a historical document to be display for the consumption of the tourist that visit the nations capitol.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well, yes, Marg. You are correct.

Indoctrination is the key word here*

I feel like starting a movement in schools , or a comittee to check these teachers out. THEY SHOULD BE CHECKED OUT.
I have a stake in this because of my grandchildren and i may just start something.
Now, if i only knew where to start.

Any ideas? Because i am ready to propose legislature to have all schools checked out for "teaching ethics"- and my English doesnt have to be the best, just whats in my heart.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I always say that if you have the means and the resources is better to home school your children.

So we can have free thinkers as adult among the "system" brainwashed ones.

CX

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Whilst i agree the cops are too heavy handed with a lot of situations, i do wish some people would take a look at what the police deal with on the UK streets from youngsters these days.

People yelling freedom of speach is fine, but i'm sorry, swearing at a copper, especialy when you are that young is just wrong. Not the worst thing in the world, but it is the kind of thing that is rife in our country now.

Anyone who can't see this, well i'm afraid theres an obvious difference in what i see as just plain rude and disrespectfull and what they do.

No respect from youngsters these days, even for the good cops.

Jesus i sound like i'm 90, but i'm not, i'm 35 years old and sick of people crying about how they are treated, when they treat everyone else like crap!

I am of course talking about the typical chavs that roam Britains streets acting up in front of thier mates. The kind you see on those kinds of videos. Sorry but when you see the way they act, i'm not suprised the police do what they do.

The more innocent victims of the police going OTT, i do feel sorry for and wonder what the hell is wrong with the police who deal with them like this.

CX

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Where to begin....?

There is not a week that goes by that I do not wish for a little more corporal punishment in schools. ( I had it in public school, and I am only 29)
That I wish parents could be held accountable for their minor's actions.
That I wish I could take mouthy little 18-22 year olds out behind the tree line and give them the beating that might set them straight.

But the world has changed. All of this over analyzing pc dogma that libs spread for years is now biting us in the rear. We are not allowed to defend ourselves, so we hire more police. Over policing leads to anger among the gray area people. (those that commit tiny crimes, like littering, public intoxication, speeding, riding a bike on the sidewalk, etc...) Which leads to the police feeling the need to assert themselves.

Not to mention all of the fear that is now in the school system over getting sued. Who is allowed to restrain a student and possibly injure said student, leading to a lawsuit. its all dumb, and all just a result of being one big nanny state.
This was just a natural progression. Before you attack someone for being anti big government, just realize that this is all a result of that very thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here is my crappy police story I have been putting on similar threads because it just further shows how this police state works...

My grandma lent my aunt her care at midnight to go get medicine from wal greens. A cop ran the plates and saw my grandma had a warrant out for her arrest not in that county but 2 counties over for not paying a medical bill. Yes a medical bill. So the cop pulls my aunt over and asks where she it. My aunt told her at home and at 2 in the morning raid style (5 officers and a dog yes that is correct a dog) and pulled my 70 year old grandma out and drover her all the way to the jail 2 counties over. I called the police station at 3 in the morning after i was awoke by a call from my mother crying because she was staying with grandma the night this happened because she has not been well. I reamed the head of the station that night. All of this over a freaking medical bill that she did not pay. I get very pissed of when I even think about it and makes me want to ..

[edit on 26-4-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I see what you mean. Those police-officers overreacted. I'd like to attack those thugs, if I saw them dragging any innocent woman out of her house. Who cares about medical-bills, beside crazy bastards & greedy insurance-agents? I'm sorry about what happened to your family.

reply to post by jasonjnelson

I know what you mean. We can't control a chaotic Police-State. It's been here for a very long time. Kids & adults are victims of bad law-enforcers.

reply to post by CX

I know there are a lot of kids, who deserve to be arrested, on the streets of the U.K. & America, and I know they're not all crazy chavs (young, vain, & violent children):

Happy Slapping in the UK- comment by Richard Grannon

reply to post by marg6043
I agree with you about the increasing amount of stories about police-officers, who abuse people for no good reason. So many of them are found not guilty in the "court of law". Thanks for sharing your opinions & telling the truth, as usual.

reply to post by dgtempe

I see what you mean. You're right about how the school system should be changed, and teachers, who hate kids should find jobs that don't involve childcare. Thanks for sharing your opinions & spreading the truth, as usual.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Here's some stories you may find a little shocking ...

Cop Saves Oregon Pet Store Owner After Python Attacks

A friend who happened to be at the store kept the snake off her neck and body while police were called. And when Sgt. Ryan Nelson rushed into the store, he was ready to kill the snake with his knife.

But Rossiter asked him to spare the expensive python, so Nelson put on gloves and pried open the snake's mouth to free Rossiter's hand.

Two responders from the Eugene Fire Department helped unwrap the snake, which was eventually returned to its cage.

Rossiter called Nelson a hero.

"He was the bravest guy ever. He went way above and beyond the call of duty," she told The Oregonian.

Retired cop saves abandoned newborn

PALMETTO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a newborn left abandoned near a wooded area in west-central Florida is alive thanks to the sharp eye of a retired police captain.

But when a toe wiggled, the retired Bradenton Police captain wrapped the boy in an old Ohio State polo shirt and called for help. The boy is healthy and expected to survive.

Hero cop saves woman from oncoming train

Betsy DeVall has always believed in guardian angels. Early Tuesday morning, she got to meet hers, and he wasn’t an ethereal being with wings, but a flesh-and-blood police officer — Greer, South Carolina, Police Sgt. Marcus O’Shields.

“She called me her guardian angel,” O’Shields told TODAY co-host Meredith Vieira some 30 hours after he saved DeVall from being killed by a train.

'Hero' Cop Killed Club Shooter

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The cop who shot and killed a gunman on a rampage in a Columbus, Ohio, nightclub Wednesday night was being hailed on Thursday as a hero.

"We were fortunate that we had an officer that was very close that more than likely prevented numerous deaths inside," Sgt. Brent Mull of the Columbus Police Department (search) said of Officer James D. Niggemeyer.

"I think the community has a hero here."

"The officer was able to strategically gun this guy down before he was able to kill his hostage," Mull told reporters. "It appeared that he was about to kill this hostage when the officer basically put an end to it.

"Again, I can't say enough [about] his abilities, his skills."

Utah hero cop: 'Did what I had to do'

en Hammond, the off-duty police officer from Ogden, Utah, who's being hailed for quickly confronting the 18-year-old gunman who killed five people in a Salt Lake City mall, is sharing his story.

"I feel like I was there and did what I had to do," Hammond told reporters Tuesday. As the Associated Press writes, after spotting the gunman he told his pregnant wife to take cover in the restaurant and went to confront the suspect -- later identified as Sulejmen Talovic, who died after exchanging gunfire with Hammond and Salt Lake officers.

Youtube Video - Cop saves woman from knife with jumping kick

I do realise that there are definately some bad cops out there that cause bad situations, it's almost impossible not to realise it as it seems to be all anyone focuses on. But those officers do put their lives on the line everyday to protect you and your neighbours and you do nothing but sit here and bash them. I think you should pay an equal amount of attention to the good deeds they do and the lives they save every single day.

I agree with threads that share important news stories, such as the story about the 8 year old being charged, but I don't agree with threads designed specifically to unfairly bash and demonize police officers. It's sad how unappreciated they are.

Let's just look at both sides of the situation. That would be denying ignorance afterall, wouldn't you agree?

Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If all public-servants (ie: "federal" judges, police-officers, and ect.) would do their jobs, rather than terrorize children, women, and men for no good reason, we wouldn't be having a discussion about Cops mistreating kids. I'm glad you found public-servants, who actually help the public, but I'm sorry they work for a criminal-organization, also known as the federal government, which also has helped people, in many ways, while it tortures & kills many more, on a daily basis (and in almost every developing-country).

Tyrannical Police State

[edit on 27-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's true that police are going too far these days, but it did say that the kid was charged with battery and that he hit his classmates and teacher. I think he's getting what he deserves, because kids these days are just [snip] that need to learn some discipline and morals.

Mod Edit - removed profanity

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It seems all I hear about lately are kids getting arrested or in some kind of trouble. There has to be more to these stories than we hear, I wonder what is really going on. I do admit kids are rough these days but don't they have to be? Who knows what's really going on?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Florida is the proving ground for neo-fascism.

Try it out there, then do a country-wide roll-out if it sticks.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That's why I'm not planning to have any kids. Cause I would care too much if something happened to them. I don't want to really take the responsibility to look after them all the time as well. I would like to also focus on other things than worrying. Or even seeing them being put at risk of danger. I dislike the idea of physically disciplining my kid, yet sometimes you have to be aggressive to your kids to let them learn from their mistakes. At the same time I would hate for my kid to be a violent person.

During this time of change and seeing the events that are happening on Earth right now sickens me. By seeing the violence on T.V, movies, books, on the internet, war, disease, famine, economic issues and crisises, natural disasters, food shortages, corrupt goverments. Though in Alberta it is safe place to live considering of what's happening outside. But even still, I sometimes get freaked out of what's going on over here at times.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
There are two sides to this issue.

1: We have to understand that the police are doing their job. Some of them do it a little too much, but we are seeing is the minority of events that shock us, rather than the majority of events that happen behind the scenes. They are done so well that we don't even know that a lot of them are there, which is why they don't get nearly the press that some calamity would. There are a lot of good, genuine heroes out there putting it on the line every day. You can't just decide to look at the bad things that happen, you also have to take into account the decent things the police do. For example: Being a student, I happen to go to school. During the career week a few police officers from the RCMP came in with a dog to give a couple talks and whatnot. They were really nice people, and even let a bunch of students pet the dog (They did this against regulations, since petting a police dog basically countermands the training it has received). Stuff like this happens every day, and there's a nigh-unlimited amount of circumstances which we just don't see because it won't shock us out of our minds. And that's a mixed blessing, I'm afraid.

2: It would be foolish to say that there aren't some pig-headed police out there, as the above movies have shown. I'm not for this kind of thing happening. Okay, I have no problem with police officers going after a mouthy kid (and remember, people like this are who the schools are permeated with. I hang out with them every day.) because if you're stupid enough not to realize that it's a bad idea, you deserve a night in the slammer. Be glad they just arrest you rather than beat you like a normal person that you just cussed at probably would. But there's no reason for arresting kids like this. Calm them down (use a little force if necessary, but try to stay away from cuffs) and talk to their parents, because that's probably the starting point of the problem. Actually arresting them and putting them in the back seat of the car is uncalled for. If you have instances like this or of unnecessary force, the police force should deal with it. Write to the police or your representative in gov't (I don't know how the system works for the Yanks
) and get their advice on the situation. If you really want the problem of the faulty minority to be handled, you can't just sit and talk about it (unless you just want temporary attitude relief. Then talk all you want
).

Just my ~1.98 cents or ~0.01 pounds

top topics

join