It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
In the Spring, 2003 issue of Free Inquiry, political scientist, Dr. Lawrence Britt, compared the regimes of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Suharto, and Pinochet and identified 14 characteristics common to those fascist regimes:
1. Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism (super-patriotism)
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause
4. The supremacy of the military (avid militarism)
5. Rampant sexism
6. A controlled mass media
7. Obsession with national security
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together
9. Power of corporations protected (corporate supremacy)
10. Power of labor suppressed or eliminated
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts
12. Obsession with crime and punishment
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption
14. Fraudulent elections
Under the Bush/Cheney regime, to some degree, each of these 14 points has become increasingly evident.
America is devolving into a government of, by and for the military-industrial complex rather than the people, i.e. fascism.