It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rev. Wright Speaks Out Against Government Idolatry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

When you start confusing God and government, your allegiances to government -a particular government and not to God, that you're in serious trouble because governments fail people. And governments change. And governments lie. And those three points of the sermon. And that is the context in which I was illustrating how the governments biblically and the governments since biblical times, up to our time, changed, how they failed, and how they lie. And when we start talking about my government right or wrong, I don't think that goes. That is consistent with what the will of God says or the word of God says that governments don't say right or wrong. That governments that wanna kill innocents are not consistent with the will of God. And that you are made in the image of God, you're not made in the image of any particular government. We have the freedom here in this country to talk about that publicly, whereas some other places, you're dead if say the wrong thing about your government.

Bill Moyer Interview with Rev. Jeremiah Wright

Obamas pastor has finally given an interview. When you understand the context of Rev. Wright's remarks, you can realize why the media has so fiercely criticized him. The media wants you to worship the government and forsake God. The attack on Rev. Wright is an attack on religion.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
'God Bless America... No No No... Not god bless America... God DAMM America... Its in the Bible... For killing inocent people... God Damm America!'

Ahahahahaha...

Sorry, that is the quote everyone is going to think about when they think about Rev. Wright...

in fact, i think this calls for a sound profile

Fast foreward to 50 secs...

join