It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wilhelm Reich's book-burning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
taken from a couple of private emails:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

>>Hello. I just encountered your very interesting website and the informative and fair-minded article on Wilhelm Reich. Some minor corrections …
>>
>>In Europe, Reich was expelled from the Psychoanalytical Association -- not the Psychiatric Association.
>>
>>In the bion experiments, I think it's incorrect to say he worked on "radioactive bion cultures." The unexpected and unknown radiation from the bion cultures was not radioactivity and led Reich to the discovery of orgone energy.
>>
>>The name of his estate in Maine is Orgonon -- not Organon.

> Hi Jonathan --
>
> Thanks for your input on Reich. I will make those corrections once I find what archived documents they were in.
>
> "Where there's smoke, there is usually fire." I find it most interesting that (1) the U.S. Government ordered all of Reich's books burned; (2) the same authorities confiscated much of Tesla's private works after his death; and (3) when the worldwide moratorium on above- and below-ground nuclear testing was declared in the late 80s, there were no more mass UFO sightings.
>
> On my own, I found rumors of a small-but-secret part of the standard DOE "Q" clearance that relates to "UFOs". And some effects of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki blasts remain top-secret to this day despite having nothing to do with the physics, engineering, thermodynamics blast effects, or biological effects of nuclear detonations.
>
> Tom Bearden has postulated that radioactivity can be "neutralized" in 13 minutes (thereby eliminating the need for long-term nuclear waste storage). I don't know if Reich's work touched upon these top-secret "conventional" nuclear effects or if some unknown energy can interact with the them. Whatever it is, it was declared "taboo" by the authorities along with Tesla's "scalar" stuff.

The corrections are due to a long biographical article by a Dr. Cantwell (or something close to that).

On the book burning, Reich had the unenviable distinction of having his books burned by the governments of the USSR, Germany, and U.S. Each time ostensibly for different reasons. "Counter-revolutionary propaganda" in USSR; "Jewish filth" in Nazi Germany; "Labeling for an unapproved medical device" in the U.S.

In this country, the rationale developed as follows. Sellers of "snake oil" used to label their merchandise with spurious or unsubstantiated medical claims and were prosecuted on the basis of "false labeling". They learned to omit the claims on the bottle's label and print them on a brochure supplied separately. So the FDA had the laws changed so that any printed material (e.g., ad, brochure, journal article, book) issued by the seller which alludes to an unapproved drug or medical device can be considered labeling for that drug or device.

When the FDA won an injunction against Reich and Silvert defining the orgone accumulator as an unapproved medical device, then all of Reich's work that contained a reference to "orgone accumulators" (or even orgone energy) could be considered 'labeling' and could be destroyed. If Reich had chosen to edit out all such references (i.e., censor himself), the books could have remained in print. Reich understandably refused to do that and even declined to identify the several books written before the discovery of orgone energy and containing no references to it. The FDA had no interest in doing so. Thus everything was burned.

What needs to be emphasized is that the injunction was against Reich, Silvert, and an organization (I forget the name). And only against them. It is concerned with their labeling of an unapproved medical device that they introduced into interstate commerce. It does not enjoin you or me or anyone else from any behavior regarding orgone accumulators or writing about them... (entire post is at wyzwyrlde.com...=1718.html)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So who is this guy?

Why do I care about his orogism thing?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I did a little bit of reading on this particular scientist. Einstien seemed to take great interest in his theory.

Does Stealthskater or any one else have some other links on Reich?

join