It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police let off the hook for killing an unarmed man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

NEW YORK -- Three police detectives have been found not guilty of all charges in the shooting death of Sean Bell, the groom-to-be who was killed on his wedding day outside a Queens strip club.

Source

I'm sure you guys and gals have heard of this story I just wanted to post my thoughts and get yours as well.

IMHO... 3 Police officers end up firing over 50 bullets at an unarmed man whom they cliam was reaching for a gun. One of the police officers alone fired 31 shots. I think there are a few things wrong with this case, first of all one officer firing 31 shots at a possible criminal that may or may not have a gun is a little excessive in my opinion. The cops were already edgy from being undercover in a bad place all night. I think they should have exercised more caution than letting loose with a hail of 5o bullets. They are lucky they didnt shoot anyone else.

Now my next opinion is that the officers were allowed to have a judge decide over the case rather than a jury of their peers. No wonder they were all acquitted without even a slap on the wrist.

I suppose these are the times we live in, desensitize the population and shoot first and make up a story later.

I don't care if someone may have said go get your gun. That in my opinion is not an excuse for shooting first. I have been through CCW classes as well as a few other firearms training classes and one thing that was alwasy taught was to make dang sure you are justified in using that weapon. I am sure with police that is drilled into their heads even more. In my opinion these Officers were scared poopless and discharged there weapons before they even had a clue as to what was going on.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Do you have any evidence to present that supports your claims?

Jurisprudence is based on evidence, not hypotheses.

It may very well be that justice was not served by this verdict, but you have presented no evidence to even suggest that such is the case.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No I have no evidence just as the police had no evidence. As I wrote Just my humble opinion. I dint ask to be beat up I only asked for your opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This story is like so last week:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please search for existing topics before posting...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yeah, sorry I saw a few other posts after I posted. Too slow to the draw again.

new topics

top topics

join