It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we have to be liberal or conservative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Can't we be something else? I don't like liberals or conservatives. Why is it that I have to be one or the other? Can't I be my own thing?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The absolute truth is most Americans are moderate, somewhere in between.

I am and am happy to be that way. But the PTB wish to divide us and they do their best to have a right or left choice with no other options.

It's just not reality, we are more than black or white or wrong vs. right, or right vs. left..most are neutral, but there is something about labels and making it easy to label someone as liberal or conservative.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
You have to be yourself. Even if researches that show certain factors can statistically increase person chances to be more X then Y are correct, it still does not mean that person cannot change his position with personal experience.
Not to mention that political position held by ,say, conservatives was considered liberal long ago and vice versa. Be yourself, just be comfortable in your position and if someone whom society/media considers to be representative of your position says something you think is wrong - trust yourself.
However, not being too fanatical in your position is the best way.
I wish i always did what i advice now, but sadly it is not the case.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Be yourself and dont be swayed by political pundits.If something sounds too radical for you investigate it and youll find the real reason for the radical stance.Make your own mind up.I could never understand the why of the loonie left or the rightous right stance.Both sides should be kept away from politics!Lock em all in there own state(im kidding!) and let em argue while PEOPLE can get on with the business of helping those who dont have what we have.Feed the kids who are starving because of greed.Homes for those who are homeless.

Gee i sound like a communist?thats another beef.Labels.Everyone labels people.We are people not commodities that can be bought or sold or LABELLED.We are human beings before anything else in this world.Its time to start acting like it.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You can register as an independent or NON depending what state your in. That means you are not affiliated with any party, but there are some states that also have an Independent Party if you look it up. They tend to be centrist in ideology.

Maybe to help with the discussion, you could also post the things you like or dislike about liberals and conservatives.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's an illusion. Every four years they give you two opposing candidates, one liberal and one conservative, and you feel like you actually have a choice on things. Everybody gets to vote the way they want to.

Then the powers that be put who they have decided to put into power.

It's a pretty illusion though.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I hear ya fo' sho!

It gets really frustrating trying to find a candidate who shares the majority of my views. Lining up conservatives and liberals, my views are a zig-zag pattern between 'em. I don't like the package deal. Gimmie the ability to vote on specific issues rather than one fella who I might agree with on some issues, but strongly disagree with on other issues.

top topics

join