It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthship Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
For some time now I have been investigating conspiracy theories, and I have become convinced that we are headed towards an intentional manmade type of armageddon, designed to put a few powerful elite in entire control of the remaining population.

My method of resistance. Become self sustaining.

I have purchased 10 acres of land in Southern Colorado.

I have been working in the construction industry as an electrician for
half of my life, and have some ideas I want to use.

I have also been experimenting with making woodgas, and have had success.

I will be making youtube videos of all this, and be posting it here. I'm tired of feeling and experiencing all the negativity and paranoia (well deserved imo) and I want to make a positive difference in the world. So, I feel this experience will be positive for me and my family, and hopefully will affect some readers of this thread.

I have lot's of ideas I want to use. I'm going to dig down 4' into the earth, and terrace the sides. I'm going to make my own concrete, bricks, and mortar. I am going to attempt to collect rainwater (there is a river 1/2 mile away and I have 30gpm water rights, and all mineral rights, etc.

I will report my experiences with the local building dept, and I will attempt to show that by collecting used lumber, and doing some hard work, I can produce a completely off the grid house with a self sustaining food system and energy, heat system, with an amount of money, that the average joe can afford and do, and become free from most bills, free from working like a slave for someone else. I will attempt to make my income, my life off the land, which I have 5 yrs of payments on, with no penalty for early payoff.

I will not be isolated, as I will still have internet, tv and phone, as long as the services are available, and we are only 12 miles from the nearest town, but, I want to basically just be left alone, and work in my field, and tend to my flock, and eat my home grown food, and drink my homemade beer, and live in peace, and teach my children how to live in peace, and at one with the land.

What do you think. Is this stuff interesting to people?

[edit on 26-4-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
One of my ideas for methods of income is photography. There are wild horses on the land, and I have already taken a few descent shots, and my intention is to get a couple of really good ones and get them blown up like a painting, and sell them online.

Here is my best so far, but I plan to get much better, with better lighting, more dramatic.

Also, these wild horses poop on my property a lot! I am going to press this poop into burnable logs, and make methane gas. I will also be installing my own home made hydrogen gas booster in my truck, and I will be using sun, and wind energy to my advantage. I will also incorporate some trash (bottles, glass, interesting object into my building to give it some character, hopefully with taste.

We are subliminally being moved from God, and living off the earth which he has provided all the substance we need to substain ourselves, and enjoy much more comfortable, healthy lives that generate spiritual children, instead of materialistic and wealth minded children.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
So, I need a little help from my friends.

I'm having a little trouble correctly pressurizing the woodgas, for use in the house a gas burner, boiler. Also, I would like to be able to collect and store it. Is this possible?

I have an idea that I am going to build. I'm going to take the tire off a rim of a childs bike, and I'm going to use stainless steel bowls for airfoils on a wind generator to spin the bicycle wheel which will still be attached to the crank. I will replace the pedals with pistons that will move iron cores through the magnetic lines of flux of rare earth magnets wrapped in thin copper wire, in an attempt to capture the electricity induced.

I could use some help with someone who has experience in this field, such as motor winding, and electromechanics. I'm even going to attempt home made batteries, out of salvaged materials.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think what you are doing is absolutely wonderful, i have a deep longing to be able to be at one with nature, live off the land and fall off the grid..... and like you, ive also been researching conspiracy theories and am quite disheartened by the state of the world right now......... im not as lucky as you in the aspect that i cant buy a plot of land, neither would i have the skills or knowledge to make a home etc, so i hope its successful for you in every way.....
.......the pics of the horses are beautiful too, good idea!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks cosmicstorm.

I'm trying, I'm trying.

I concerned about our future.

But maybe this will take my mind
off of things for a while, and I can
focus on some more positive stuff.

Worth a try, right?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

I wonder if you might benefit from mechanical storage of energy rather that chemical. maybe you could use the windmill to lift sand into a bin when it was windy and then slowly drain the bin, thereby triggering a spinning rotor. I think alot of us can get by on a lot less electricity with little effect on overall happiness. My only comment on your pics is it looks a bit arid so you will have to be extra smart about somethings.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

Hi cutbothways, I am in the energy conservation business and my associate is in the solar business helping people get off the grid. You have good ideas and if we take what people throw away and use what is naturally around us we all would be surprised what we all can accomplish in becoming self sufficient. Rik Riley

top topics

join