It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Apes descendant of man?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

That's ridiculous. What are you trying to demonstrate there? We don't know where "monkey" comes from, so trying to say it means anything other than "monkey" is ridiculous. Same for "ape".

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

No wonder your depressed.

You have a very narrow view. Just cause some scientist says its so, doesn't make it a fact.

I would suggest, people have spent great deals of time studying the roots of words, and how it affects the meaning of that word. Look at the study of Latin, for example.

So, the meaning of a word of the name of a species, should hold some importance to the scientific community, otherwise, I imagine, they would
all be pretty depressed.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yep, why do you think humans pick their nose and scratch their butts and yoots climb trees and build tree houses and made Tarzan movies? Its pretty clear as far as human development.

Plus, the way some apes throw rocks and things it won't be long before they make a game of it (baseball?) just out of bordom.

Just had a bannana myself.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good Lord, please move this thread the creation and evolution forum. Your question is down right silly and only here to bate a Creation vs Evo debate.

Lets get it straight for the LAST TIME.. so you and your creation buddies understand. Men did not come from apes. We had a Common ancestor and our trees split. Obviously Human and Chimps have there own adaptations which make the survival of the fittest work for both. Your arguments are not thought out and are off the cuff and YOU are the type of person which make most people think creationists don't know what they are talking about. Get your argument together, get your facts and Please Please post it in the right forum and stop trying to bate people in this forum into a silly argument.
And yes I believe the below because "Some Scientist" said actually lots of them did and they ALL came to the same conclusion. To me to ignore this is ignorant and closed minded.

Hominini - modern humans and all previous human or australopithicine ancestors

• Homininae - humans and chimpanzees (Panini), our closest living biological kin (so close that some scientists have suggested their genus name should be changed from Pan to Homo).

• Hominidae - humans, chimpanzees and gorillas (Gorillinae)

• Hominoidae - humans, chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans (Pongidae)

• Hominoidea - humans, chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans and gibbons (Hylobatoidae

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ShiftTrio]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Sorry, didn't know you were the forum police.

For science to prove what they call a fact, like evolution, it is required that they view all the evidence for every conceivable angle.

Show me one study or ounce of research proving that apes DID NOT descend (evolve) FROM man.

Otherwise, ya'll got sum research ta do. Hyuck.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No this is not my post, the burden of proof is on you. I believe the world is run by mini M&Ms, prove to me I am wrong.

No thanks you sure are a Master Baiter.... meaning of course you are a Master at baiting people of course. I say move this thread because this is a very obvious attempt to hi jack certain forums with this nonsense, and I have no doubt the mods will move it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The topic you are discussing is interesting but not really new. Let me explain. If you watch Television you may have come across this concept in an old TV sitcom known as "Bewitched" aired back in 1965. It is a story of a witch (supposedly a good witch) who marries a mortal and just wants to live a normal live without using her so called witchcraft powers. It was a interesting comedy show and very popular in it's time. In the first season a character known as Endora the mother of the witch in the series calmly suggested that apes descended from man and not the other way around. So you see writers of the series in an effort to maintain a comic sense in this classic TV series already came up with this topic you are discussing. I'm sure you are all serious about the subject but as usual I find there is nothing new under the sun. Enjoy your discussion.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
No thats not the way evolution works.

Unless youre suggesting for some reason that apes would be better suited to survival in some situation than humans.

You also stated something about genetic interference by higher powers. This would be genetic engineering, not evolution.

Either way, I dont think its a realistic idea that apes descended from man.

No, that's not how evolution works either. Apes ARE better suited to survival than man in some situations. But now that we've got organized societies going with technology and language and such; we're so much more successful, we're driving them to extinction, while our population grows exponentially.

Anyway, the order of endogenous retroviruses show that we share a recent common ancestor with chimps and bonobos, and have progressively less recent common ancestry with all other apes and monkeys. They are not descended from us; if they were, they'd share the same endogenous retroviruses that we do, and could only add different ones acquired afterward.

The timeframe for the acquisition of endogenous retroviruses into the genome is far too long to have occurred only after civilization occurred.

Originally posted by cutbothways

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by cutbothways

Humans are apes.

Then Apes are Humans, by your logic.

Thanks for making my point.

What the heck? Nobody is that dense. That's like saying since apples are delicious, delicious is apples. Categories are rarely the same as their subcategories; in fact, this is never true except in the trivial case.

Humans are apes because we fit every taxonomic criteria for being an ape. Ergo, we are apes by the definition of apes. The only way we'd not be apes is for someone to amend the definition of apes to include "Except humans" at the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join