It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just who has a nuclear bomb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Just who has a nuclear bomb?

www.debka.com

US and Israel intelligence experts upgrade the chances of president Bashar Assad retaliating for the Israeli attack, which irreparably damaged the secret nuclear North Korea built for him in eastern Syria - now that the episode is out in the open.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.debka.com
www.debka.com
www.debka.com
www.debka.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
North Korea, Syria and that Airstrike.
CIA: Videotape Links N. Koreans to Secret Syrian Nuclear Reactor

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I know this has been discussed many times on ATS however I have read so much information and dis-information about the attack on Syria in Sep 06 last year. Does anyone else have any reliable sources to further read about what actually happened?

Originally I was concerned that Israel had attacked Syria however the information that has been coming out in the last number of months now has me more concerned that a country like Syria had a nuclear reactor for the production of plutonium.

This also compounds my fears about Iran and their progress towards having a nuclear capability. The real concern for me is just how close is the western world to another war in the middle east?

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It doesn't concern you that israel possesses over 200 nukes since '60s and has ongoing secret nuclear research facility which is luckily no secret any longer but rest of the world covers their eyes?!?
I hope some retaliatory and twice as devastated attack would follow by Syria or UN finally and stop this genocidal actions of israel once and for all!
They need whole out sanctions imposed on them followed by air strikes to take out nuclear sites and military. That way the rest of us can sleep well and sound instead of worrying that these idiots can start WWIII.

They certainly look like they are asking for it.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yes it bothers me that Israel has nukes and I don't agree with many of the Israeli governments actions and policies however there are certain countries that have been far more vocal when it comes to expressing their views that certain countries should be wiped off the face of the planet.

I also see that Israel has had nuclear weapons for considerable time and has not been using them to threaten other countries. Ideally it would be great to see every country dispose of their nukes so we could all sleep sounder.

In the mean time though I just hope that we don't see a level of ongoing proliferation...

Thanks for your thoughts though I do enjoy seeing the many sides of what is an extremely complicated issue.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odie1

I also see that Israel has had nuclear weapons for considerable time and has not been using them to threaten other countries. Ideally it would be great to see every country dispose of their nukes so we could all sleep sounder.

well you fail to see the point

they have nukes and the rest dont over there , id say thats a threath considering that israel repetedly expands their occupation of land which anit theirs

they are at war and are very keen on useing the nukes that dont exist in any "official" documents because of an u.n fluke , they didnt have nukes when they got recognized as a nation , they do now but its not documented anywhere ,

thats a threath if anything , with holding evidense and even imprisoning people who have the information about these fasilities and warheads ,

dosent it bother you that they have an active space program , building rockets that put up satelites and mabey a person in space that can be fitted with a warhead of nuklear cap.

??

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Odie1

Didn't you read the FULL quote? Not just the US media short quote?

Iran said it would wipe Israel off the map (and here's the part the US media didn't put in the headline) IF ISRAEL WERE TO LAUNCH A NUCLEAR STRIKE ON IRAN.

Israel is looking to the US for a co-op PREEMPTIVE strike against Iran. Iran is stating that it would not bend over and pull its pants down to Israel if it did that.

Nuclear strikes on a country as a PREEMPTIVE warning? That's sickening. The mentality of the Israeli government is horrible.

EDIT: I'm using caps on words because I always mess up bold tags. I'm not shouting.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by ixnay]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Apolon

What genocidal actions????? Genocide against buildings (reactor or not) in Syria?
Do you not consider the fact that twice the response from Syria will bring another twice the response and so on until we will have another full scale war here?
I fail to see how attack on country with (according to you) 200 nukes will make any good, since you correctly think that ww3 is a very bad idea. This post made me actually reconsider my position toward nuclear capabilities of my country. Now i think that if it exists, it is actually a good idea just in case that very wise people who consider Israel as a WW3 potential will try to find solution for sleep problems. WW1 and WW2, or vast majority of the wars happened before/without state of Israel. Or Abel vs Kain issue. It is so easy to live when you know whose fault it is that the world is not a paradise.

zerbot565
Can you describe what exactly you mean by

they are at war and are very keen on using the nukes

Or
When nukes where used by Israel? Or you think that countries with nuclear capabilities do not have plans about their use...

Israel repeatedly expands their occupation

How Israel expanded since 1968? Mars is finally ours with our superb space program?

top topics

join