It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010: D-day for the Internet as it hits "full capacity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

2010: D-day for the Internet as it hits "full capacity

tech.yahoo.com

Doom-filled warnings arrive from AT&T this week. The company says that without substantial investment in network infrastructure, the Internet will essentially run out of bandwidth in just two short years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Could it be true? And if it 'runs out' can we still surf what is aleady there? Will ATS survive this? AHHHHHH!!!!!

tech.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm tempted to accuse AT&T for being greedy. The last paragraph in the article makes pretty good sense.

It's just unfortunate since I believe the internet should more or less be defined as a necessity for society today. As much as TV was for the previous generation.

They sure cocked up on this one. I know computing is moving fast, but comon, it's their job to predict and be prepared for something like this.

In any case, I think the backbones should be spread out and ofcourse made bigger so we don't have to worry about one single company whining in the future.

Shame on you AT&T!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Shame on At&t indeed! The last statement sounds almost spiteful to me! I had my fill of At&t last year, I no longer use their services. But I must say I am not satisfied with my service from Comcast. It is too expensive and is not reliable.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Maybe they set it up like this? so that when the crap hits the fan you won't know about it till later on... I mean the fastest way of finding out when something happens is on the net. I always jump on line if I wan't an update on any news than watch it on TV.... it's just my theory... but what if?

edited as it didn't make sense... my bad

[edit on 26-4-2008 by misswanderer31]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
okay, i'm a serious techie
and this doesn't make that much sense

first of all don't forget that AT&T is greatly part of the patriot act

this is either to let people know that the internet will soon cripple or to bleed more money out of consumers.

and mentioning youtube? youtube video files are actually fairly small, and loads within seconds. Yes multiply that by the amount of users that watch videos, but still, youtube servers take care of that.

then you can mention root servers, but all they do routing.

This doesn't make any sense

new topics

top topics

join