It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My video of unidentified object

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

haha... sorry, I did read "at first glance", but if it was first glance and you want to keep it at that, why even post that it changes angles, when at 2nd glance you'd probably have thought "ah well... shaky camera"?
It's empty information for the sake of making that post look interesting imo.
So no, it wasn't to create controversy... it was to tone down the overexageration that that part of your post clearly was.
And it seems I struck a cord...

[edit on 26/4/08 by flice]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

haha... sorry, I did read "at first glance", but if it was first glance and you want to keep it at that, why even post that it changes angles, when at 2nd glance you'd probably have thought "ah well... shaky camera"?
It's empty information for the sake of making that post look interesting imo.
So no, it wasn't to create controversy... it was to tone down the overexageration that that part of your post clearly was.
And it seems I struck a cord...

The reason of posting a first glance is that someone else, of course NOT you, may disscuss it and make some construction on it, perhaps proving me right or perhaps proving me wrong or perhaps proving nothing.
And yes, you did it to create controversy and without proving me wrong.
THIS is EMPTY information, but i know that you won't get it.
HAVE you something to add to the discussion, or as usual you're here just because you have nothing better to do, mmmhhh?
And not, YOU will never struck cords because what you say doesn't matter to me: i've pointed it out for the other people, for the people who, unlike you, wants to follow the thread.

[edit on 26/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

hehe... sorry, I wont go personal here like you did. We can u2u that instead.

The fact that the 4 posted images were posted "at first glance", directly means that no selfcritism was imposed to them before posting.
Now if you look at them again yourself and at that post..
You wanted to provide information about heading and inclination, unfortunately the video does not enable us to make such an accurate assesment as you were trying to make there. It's simply too shaky. I bet we could take 4 other frames, "analyze" them and come to the "first glance" conclusion that the object is ascending.

So yes, I was contributing to this thread. I was making sure that in x number of pages people are not discussing where this thing might have crashed because they took those 4 images for fact when they really are not fact but circumstantial guessing.

Edit: What I'm saying was not that you were wrong to post it... I said it was "dangerous" because it in my eyes were presented as a final result
more than a guess, even though you wrote "first glance"

Now, I don't want to make an assesment on inclination, cause like I said we'd end up with a posible 3 results due to the bad footage and non of them could be proved.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Since the point was good anyway (but the way it has been made wasn't), i've made this assessment. This also has a limited reliability, but is better than nothing.
IN according to what apparently we see, if there's a rotation of the camera, then it's clockwise:
and if it's clockwise, then the inclination in the second frame is GREATER than what we see.
Unless of course, the plants moved only in order to prove me wrong, lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi there

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that its a meteorite passing through the atmosphere like the one in this clip

Meteorite passing through atmosphere

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mosh_er

HI mosh_er

I've emailed the video to Bathurst Observatory Research Facility:
i hope that they will reply soon.
I've also sent a U2U to Essan and OzWeatherman bringing the thread to their attention: i look forward to their opinion too.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well i'm back... and i had a horrible night's sleep actually

Thanks for the suggestions for upload locations from RiotComing and Xcalibur254 (love the avatar!
)

This is the link to the original mov as it is from my camera's card. Go nuts with it.

I'm inclined to think it may have been caused by a plane now, as there have been 2 people that have thought as much. Firstly, suggested by Mr Gunter and the same has now been said in the comments on the youtube video.

Whatever it turns out to be, as always, the ATS community has risen to the task and helped a fellow member, so thanks

I'll be out for a few hours again now but i hope to come back and see a final analysis.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It looks a break in overcast clouds right before sunset to me. I haven't read any of the responses though so sorry if that has been mentioned/debunked already.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Its a damn cloud! What tripe.

Check the sky when there is lots of cloud and high wind, they move really fast.

Next fake video please.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It seems to move too fast to be cloud and too slow to be a meteor. And wouldn't a trail from an airplane dissipate over a longer stretch rather than, essentially, follow the plane at a constant length with no discernable "feathering out"? (Pardon my lay nomenclature.) Perhaps not. Hypothesis non fingo.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It seems people will see exactly what they want to see, regardless of what is right in front of there face.

That is a cloud. But i'll guess most of the people in this thread will carry on thinking its a UFO.

Starting to think with videos like this, there is no real proof at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teki187
It seems people will see exactly what they want to see, regardless of what is right in front of there face.

That is a cloud. But i'll guess most of the people in this thread will carry on thinking its a UFO.

Dude RELAX!!! Nobody here is dead set on it being a UFO
Even the OP who posted it is open to it being ANYTHING....including it being a plane. And seriously, I would trust the expert opinion of Internos over anyone. Maybe you should pay close attention to his thoughts on it.

Carry on

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Re: My thought on it being an aircraft from Auckland.

I've just studied the Google Maps link, and I'm standing by my original thought that it is an aircraft contrail.

My reason is this: En-route to either Singapore or Dubai, you fly over Lord Howe Island - which is near (well, near as in terms of distances you get in Aussie) fairly close.

UPDATE: After having a cup of very strong coffee, I thought I'd double check the departure times from Auckland.
Details for yesterdays departure times are impossible to find (retro information isn't stored by Auckland Airports website).

So, assuming...

1.Brisbane (nearest city) is two hours behind Auckland.

2. Assuming a three hour flight time.

This puts a departure time from Auckland at 4.30pm.

A quick search revealed nothing heading in that direction - they're all heading to either Rarotonga, Melbourne, Sydney, or New Caledonia.

Will continue researching.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by Teki187

Dude RELAX!!! Nobody here is dead set on it being a UFO
Even the OP who posted it is open to it being ANYTHING....including it being a plane. And seriously, I would trust the expert opinion of Internos over anyone. Maybe you should pay close attention to his thoughts on it.

Carry on

Can you do a Degree in Infernos? Or anything related to that?

What do you define as an expert? Personally an expert to me is someone with a PhD.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Teki187

Look, noob, I may have had my points deducted for yelling at someone just like you, but Internos and the OP are doing their best to share what they find, and it is unusual. You people with your 80 points and nothing to say that isn't damning are the reason why most threads die.
I LOATHE the attitude among the skeptics that join this site, and then add nothing but crap.

P.S. Thanks for doing a great job guys, seems as though this got figured out before I could use my new toys on it. Internos, I could use a tiny bit of private help, as I would love to add to your work, seeing as I have yet to make my New Years challenge a reality. U2U me maybe this week?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The original video is better than the lossy-compressed one of youtube.
Here are some screenhots.
In my opinion, it's a contrail.

Thanks, jasonjnelson, greeneyedleo and fooffstarr.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Awesome video
well done. Every UFO I've ever seen was at night. You are very lucky to have gotten such clear footage of a daytime object! If it was an object.

My first thought was that it was a whisp of cloud reflecting sunlight from a sunset. But it was obviously moving and maintaining shape...

if it were a contrail and you didn't hear any aircraft in the air, I'd say you have something.

If you did hear anything in the air well... still a neat video.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, i will stop posting for a while now: i just want to see how long the trolls are allowed to do whatever they want here.
See you mates.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It's refreshing to see an honest post. Too bad a troll had to come along.

I think that contrail would be right. We see them here on occasion so bright and orange they look like fire.

Thanks for sharing the original video and being honest about it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join