It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My video of unidentified object

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I just took this about half an hour ago. Let me give the details:

Eastern Australia, about halfway between Sydney and Brisbane.
Time of video was around 5:30pm

My dad called me outside and told me to bring the camera. The object in the video was moving east to west, so coming inland from the ocean. It was a dark orange colour but we couldn't really see much more detail.

When it disappeared behind the tree it came out the other side for about a second and then it disappeared behind the houses and we didn't see it after that.

To upload the video to youtube i had to convert it from mov to avi. It didn't do the video much good, so i can upload the original to a filesharing website if needed.

First is the zoomed in object followed by the same piece of footage zoomed out to show the whole shot.

It's probably something natural that can be explained but it certainly amazed us.

Direct Link

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Wow. I have no clue. Is there anyway that is a plane and those are the contrails behind it?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Could be i guess. It looked more solid but it might be something to do with it being on the edge of winter maybe?

We originally thought it could be a meteor or comet because of the orange colour but i've never seen one that low at that angle.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Wow. I have no clue. Is there anyway that is a plane and those are the contrails behind it?

Well, it is now officially an IFO!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

Could be i guess. It looked more solid but it might be something to do with it being on the edge of winter maybe?

We originally thought it could be a meteor or comet because of the orange colour but i've never seen one that low at that angle.

It never seemed to change altitude. Dont comments go down towards the ground? I have no clue. Just throwing stuff out there.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Thats an unusual thing you've captured there

I think we can rule out balloons (with flares or not)

Very nice straight uniform movement from it

Not improbable for being a cloud

I don't know what it is

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm sure you had a better view than the video, can you tell us more?

Any idea of the speed, altitude or distance from you?

Did it make any sound?

It reminds me of something breaking up after entering the atmosphere, but its hard to see much in the video.

What did you and the old man think it was?

Pretty cool looking video anyway, maybe you can call around and ask others in the area.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

It might be hard to tell in the video but it was going slightly downwards... probably like a 20 degree angle or something... it looked that way to us anyway.

reply to post by Mark Roazhar

Possibly a cloud... but a cloud with an orange glow moving that fast?

reply to post by verylowfrequency

Speed was fairly quick... the distance it moved in the video is pretty much a quarter of a 360 degree view from here... its hard to explain but it appeared to be moving very quickly to us.

Sound wise there was nothing.

We at first thought it was a comet coming down, but as i said somewhere above, we've never seen one like that before.

I'll upload the original video file somewhere now so you can look at it in better quality.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My only thought is that it could be some low-level evening sun doing something strange to an aircraft's contrails.

Aircraft that high, and in the area (I think) you live in, might be of origin from New Zealand. I know that when you fly from Auckland to Singapore, or direct to Dubai (on Emirates), you fly over this area.

That is my only logical answer. Be interesting to see if it's in tomorrows paper.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gunter

Thats probably the best explanation so far. I know there are a few sky-anomaly experts here on ATS that could probably explain this instantly if it is something mundane such as that, so hopefully if they notice the topic they can expand on your idea if it is correct.

EDIT: I've tried uploading the file twice now and both times failed. It's frustrating me to no end so i will try again tomorrow. Hopefully by then (while i sleep the northern hemisphere members will be online) someone can provide a link to an easy file hosting website that doesn't require all the signing up nonsense.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

fooffstarr, thanks for sharing your video:
it looks like a persistent contrail illuminated by the Sun low at the horizon, but it's hard to determine for sure the source of the contrail (IF is a contrail, it's just a guess).
We can in, the meantime, determine the location of the sighting:
you can go to Google Maps, center the map on the location of the sighting,
then copy the link (where it reads "link to this page"), then from TinyUrl you can shorten the link and post it here.

[edit on 26/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

If this worked it is the area of the country that i saw it from.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

fooffstarr, thanks for sharing your video:
it looks like a persistent contrail illuminated by the Sun low at the horizon, but it's hard to determine for sure the source of the contrail (IF is a contrail, it's just a guess).
We can in, the meantime, determine the location of the sighting:
you can go to Google Maps, center the map on the location of the sighting,
then copy the link (where it reads "link to this page"), then from TinyUrl you can shorten the link and post it here.

It has contrail features, but when it moves like this we should be able to distinguish a reflection of a plane in front, not?
I would like to see the AVI to zoom in at the front end.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

These are the arrivals between 5 and 6 pm on April 25th, 2008
at Port Macquarie Airport: but for today, i couldn't find arrivals scheduled for that lapse of time.

I think that a good idea could be to call the airport, then send the link to the video to them, with a description: imho they will be able at least to rule out that it's a plane landing there.
Ed:
At first glance, it looks to change progressively inclination

reply to post by Pjotr

No, at this level of detail of the video i don't think that NECESSARLY we should see the reflection of the plane.
But perhaps the AVI will allow us to spot more details.

[edit on 26/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Star and a flag from me. No idea what it is, but could be the Zetas paying us a quick visit, whizzing in from another dimension!
Well I certainly won't be ruling out that possibility!

Cool video!

[edit on 26-4-2008 by RiotComing]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This will be my last post for the night. I'll have another attempt at uploading the video in the morning... it's just a matter of finding a damn free file host that wants to work. (Hint hint suggestions).

Thanks to you all, particularly internos, for your help so far.

You reminded me with your flights data about something that happened earlier in the day. A Virgin Blue flight into town came straight over my house that low that the windows shook... and it's never come that way before. Completely unrelated i know, but it was interesting.

Anyway thanks again, ill be back after a well-earned rest.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Was this video taken around sunset your time? If so, I'm thinking that the light from the setting sun could have colored whatever was in the sky at that time.

Even so, I've never seen a plane leave a trail like that.

Odd!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

In my experience the two best filesharing websites are Mediafire, if the file is under 100 MB or Sendspace, for anything larger. They are both free services and have no kind of limit on the files you can download or upload. Along with that the download and upload rate are both pretty decent.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Dangerous assesment to make
You automaticly assume that the camera is held at the same horizontal angle on those frames. Not likely...

Apart from that... just awaiting how this comes along.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Dangerous assesment to make
You automaticly assume that the camera is held at the same horizontal angle on those frames. Not likely...

Apart from that... just awaiting how this comes along.

The biggest danger i see here is that someone like you, interpretes something just for the sake of adding some controversy.
At least did you watched at the video before talking?
Can you read First Glance if i write it so mate?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join