It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted abduction causes scare in Valley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Attempted abduction causes scare in Valley

www.abc15.com

Glendale police is alerting the public of an attempted stranger abduction of a young girl on Thursday night.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
sycamorepd.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Thank God she escaped! This type of crime is what I consider to be amongst the most hienous. What was the intention of this 'man'?

My cousin (Bridget Ann DeCleene, 21) was not so lucky; She was being stalked for quite some time by an infatuated, older man (robert bevington, 63). She repeatedly refused his romantic advances, and her family moved to avoid him, but he found her. Bridget was abducted at gunpoint, held over night against her will, and shot to death. He then set his place on fire, and shot himself to death.

I provided a link to the Sycamore, Illinois police website, where the story was released.

www.abc15.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Spooky. My grand-parents live in Sycamore. It wasn't a very big town when I was a kid. It seemed everybody knew everybody 20+ years ago. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is why I moved away from Arizona 2 years ago. It's always something is Phoenix... either it's the Baseline Road rapist, or it's the Serial Shooter, or its helicopters colliding while overexuberantly chasing after a high speed police chase near a school. For a city where it's too damn hot to do much of anything for 5 months out of the year, the creeps sure get their money's worth the other 7 months.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MostlyHarmless

Thanks, MostlyHarmless, Star!

Sure is the worst tragedy my family ever went through, when Bridget was
abducted and murdered. First, she went missing; so we gathered, sending
everyone in different directions, looking for her...

Never could have imagined that an evil monster took her, and did God
knows what to her, before killing her. My heart is perma-broken. Still bust
out crying uncontrollably.

Murder/Suicide seems to be on the rise, all over the world, huh?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm a former valley resident, and its a beautiful place- too bad that such a beautiful place can be so dark, and so many things happening ALL THE TIME.
I have begged my mother not to go out alone for walks- she did stop, thank God.
Frightener,
So sorry about your loss. The insanity makes me very sad.

My mother was assaulted right smack in the middle of a supermarket by this dude who wanted her purse.
Thank God she didnt get hurt.
Because , well, we just dont need it. :shk:

I just wanted to add, my trip back to Boston i made from Flagstaff on Amtrak- planes were nosediving then and i was scared...wouldnt you know when we stopped at the first stop, New Mexico, the guy three seats behind me pulled out a gun and threatened to shoot himself?!

He was waving that gun around like nothing!
How ironic!

[edit on 26-4-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Star, Burdman!

Yeah, I remember those cases; they caught the rapists, I think, but did
they catch the shooter?

Got family in AZ, was worried about them when those evil deeds were
goin on. So many communities used to be calm, unlocked doors, no need
for alarm, what on 'cursed earth' is happening???

Do some people snap, because they think their life is meaningless and
worthless, so they have to lash out at innocents???

Man, those overzealous cops chasing people in cars & heelo's; I heard
that some towns cease persuit, because it just gets too dangerous!?!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Thanks very much for condolence, you're a great soul! Star!

So sorry your mom was a crime victim, glad she's ok. Makes me very
angry that someone would victimize a good elder. We have to watch out
for our younginz, and our elders more than ever these days, huh? Sad.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I believe they charged two people in the serial shooter case, saying they were taking turns sniping people around the valley. As for the helicopter thing, it was actually 2 media choppers that collided and the police weren't at fault for that one. The media, of course, tried to pass the blame off onto both the police and then the viewers for demanding action packed news... whatever, it's still a fact that the media today are a bunch of vultures who care nothing whatsoever about the human side to a story, as long as they get that "we interrupt this broadcast for a breaking news event" story they'd chase down their own mothers for.

I lived for 5 years in Tucson. It was a little bit more toned down than Phoenix, but when my wife and I found out we were expecting our first child we quickly decided to move because even in Tucson the crime is startling. I think alot of it can be blamed purely on unhappy people. The state seems to be made up of hispanics who feel there's an unfair war against illegal immigrants, gringos who watch the crime rates rise and the property values drop as the illegals swarm the state, and retirees who simply like to complain about everything and anything. Too many unhappy people in a place where it gets far too hot and too dry to expend the effort it would take to actually solve problems rather than just sit around and bitch about them. Combine those folks with the ridiculousness of the meth-heads and their accompanying criminal acts to get their fix that have infested the state and it's just a viscious cycle of angry people looking for an excuse to snap.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thanks for telling me, burdman.

You're right about the media hounds, anything for the breaking story,
with little or no follow-up! I guess they can afford more heelo's for news
chasing; selling all that commercial time on their broadcasts!!!

Glad you're not one of the complainers, hope you're happy in a new loc.
Having a young child makes you more aware of looming crime, especially
the child predators, like the one that abducted and murdered my cousin,
and the one in this article. Horrible that he's still out there!!! Hope he
chokes on a chicken bone!!!

top topics

join