It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Literal Reading of the Bible says the Earth is flat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
sol.sci.uop.edu...

Any comments?

If one is to assume that God making the world in six/seven days is literal, then this must be too.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Very nice.

Do you intend to show this to others who are actually interested in the finer points of religion?

Good.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Well, the 'hold the earth by its edges' part sounds more like a saying to me.

And Moses spake unto the LORD, and said, "LORD Almighty, the people of Isreal are becoming hungry in the desert." And Moses complained, and said he was hungry enough to eat a horse.
And the LORD spake unto Moses, and said, "Yea, command the Isrealites to bring you a horse." And Moses did as the LORD commanded.
And the LORD told Moses, "Thou art hungry enough to devour this horse totally, so go ahead."
And Moses proceeded to slaughter and cook the horse, and began to eat of it. However, he became full and was no longer able to eat, and complained to the LORD, "These bones are much too crunchy."

Anyways, back on a serious note, I looked up the part in Job about the earth taking shape like clay under a seal, and by the way it reads, I would say it means that the earth shows that it was made by God. A seal in those times would be pressed with a stamp which identifyed who was sealing it.

As for the whole earth being seen from a high mountain and tree, neither of those were actual physical sights, they were visions.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Alcove]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Isaiah 40:22 "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in."

Seems to me that atleast Isaiah believed the earth was spherical.

Job 26:7 "He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing."

To me it seems the Bible has it's cosmology in order...

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

new topics

top topics

join