It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who does this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yeah so tonight my friend comes over

and the whole time he just stayed outside and talked on the phone...

W-T-F...

why in the
did he not stay at his house to talk on the phone?

that really really irked the piss outta me...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
yeah so tonight my friend comes over

and the whole time he just stayed outside and talked on the phone...

W-T-F...

why in the
did he not stay at his house to talk on the phone?

that really really irked the piss outta me...

Because the person on the phone was more important than you... Also homies should forgive and forget that unless he just bailed on you... That would be lame...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
that's what he did...

he came in and stayed on the phone...then went outside and stayed on the phone..and then just left..

i mean i could give a
less if whoever it was was more important than me...but it's like dude you could've stayed at home...

he better be glad i just live right across the street..

what if i lived miles away?

he'd waste gas money just to come by and talk on the phone lol...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Maybe your house just gets better reception!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GrooveCat

haha good one ... but yeah, maybe ?

He probably just feels that comfortable at your house, like it is his own, you know ? If yall ain't cool like that best you let him know

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What does he say when you ask him about it?

Was it a one time thing or something that happens all the time.

Maybe he is trying to make you think he is as important as you?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I remember some bloke came round to visit a mate of mine as their wives were friends. He came round,didn't even say hello,just sat there texting and making calls,whilst drinking a bottle of vodka (and not even offering any around)

Never a display of such agrovating rudeness have I seen before,or since. I almost admired him for the blatent " I don't want to be here with you,so I'm going to pretend I'm not" about him.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He probably didnt even realize what he was doing. Just forgive and forget, bringing it up will only cause tension. But if he does it again bring it up to him in a nice manner

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
My 14 yr. old niece does the same thing. And I agree that it is the most disrespectful and rude behavior. We spent this past weekend at my sister-in-law's lake house (she's not related to my niece) and my niece had a crying, yelling, pity party for herself because she could not get a good signal. She's a freak about it.

The problem arises when such behavior with the cell phone interferes with the ability to interact with others around you, family, friends, or whoever. It's almost like if they don't have their phones then they don't exist. I really think that this is how my niece feels. That if her friends cannot reach her, by call or text, then she's not a part of their lives. It's really sad and really scary. My sister is actually thinking about taking her to a therapist, it's that bad....like a drug....an addiction.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
When ever im on the phone with my sister whether I call her or she calls me she always gets so easily distracted and it drives me nuts. She will be in the middle of a story and all of a sudden will stop, then start talking to someone else that is in the room with her. If I dont say anything she will eventually forget that shes on the phone with me. I constantly have to say "Talk to me!" to remind her that we were having a conversation. She hasnt finished telling me how her day went in a long time. *sigh*

It doesnt matter if it is a stranger in the room with her. some how she will end up talking to them rather than me. eh, mabye im just boring.... oh well.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
That's exactly like when someone calls you and then spends the whole time talking to whoever is in the room with them while you are sitting there on the phone.

I think it's rude. He really should have stayed home or at least politly excused himself.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Maybe he gets better phone coverage at your place ??

I used to go over to a friend's house in high school and play Simcity on his computer for like an hour and half. He'd be in the other room watching tv.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yeah I hate people that do this...

Maybe you should call him and ask him why he did it, though if hes at another mates house you could be doing the same thing to them, and then when they call him he could be at another mates house.... god this could go on forever.

Ok, dont call him..

JQ.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I am with you Lordinfamous. Cell phones are a drag. I shut mine off 2 months ago and I don't miss it at all. My life has less interuptions now for sure.

new topics

top topics

join