It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug war may get MUCH more Invasive!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i'll open with a quote from the article..

"America's experience with workplace drug testing (where suspicionless drug testing is allowed) has prepared us for drugged driving testing," former NIDA director Robert DuPont said.
the rest of the story
Let me re-quote, because i've said it before and will continuie saying it...all these 'little' laws WILL be used, citied as , 'well, we did it bofore..see...'

"America's experience with workplace drug testing (where suspicionless drug testing is allowed) has prepared us for drugged driving testing,"

we are starting to see the begins of the open expanding of the 'patriot powers' into other areas of 'law-enforcement'.....like it or not!!!!!!!! terrorist links will be found for many many many many activities.

"Shortly after the Sept. 11 attacks, the drug office contacted Ogilvy, an agency it had worked with before, asking for ideas on how to link the war on drugs to terrorism in an ad campaign. The drug office knew that the Taliban was partially funded by sales of opium, which can be refined into heroin."
more to think about

if the govt says so..well, it must be true..right?????

DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
well...the largest inport/export product in this country (USA) is DRUGS!!!

9-11 WAS about DRUGS...

a site to PROVE my theory...

tv.phaseiii.org...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
silly employers, don't they realize drugs make working more tolerable. not to mention if you run a cleaning company, workers high on speed do the job twice as fast!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vietnow
silly employers, don't they realize drugs make working more tolerable. not to mention if you run a cleaning company, workers high on speed do the job twice as fast!

HAHHAHA!

but the thing is, they will begin testing at entry level jobs and such, and these people realize it and will get clean for a while before their test.

dont the people making thes laws realize that the CEO's , the briefcase carrying businessmen, the coffe-drinking, designer wearing, suit and tie, hair parted on the side, BIG SPENDERS are the ones WITH TEH DRUGS?!?!?!1 my friend used to ba a tweek dealer.....his number one client? professional men and women, ages 30+

crazy huh?

why doesnt the war on drugs start attacking its own soldiers?

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
First I'd like to say, "Thanx", to 'they see ALL' for the cool link. They have some nice one's on there!! Just wish the quality was a bit higher, but oh well, atleast they're watchable.

Second, I'm going to have to agree with Scat and second his statement that while drug use is found with entry level employees sometimes, it is certainly found with top executives, lawyers, stock traders, upper management, etc. just the same.

Third, I'd like to say that for all those out there who still draw the 'good/bad' line between illegal drugs and FDA approved medical drugs is being played as a fool. I'm not saying that all medication is equal in comparison to illegal drugs. Not all illegal drugs are equal in comparison to other illegal drugs either for that matter. However, there are 'legal' FDA approved meds that are just as dangerous and addictive as any illegal drug you'd find on the street. Many 'legal' drugs, like vicodin for example are derived from the same chemical makeup as opium. I won't go into a long report about this 'legal/illegal' drug thing, but do hope that all of you look into the huge hipocracy of the Drug War and how it's being used against you.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Here is one thing I do not understand. In Arizona the firefighters had their random drug testing struck down in court because they are not "directly involved with public safety". WHAT THE HEY!!! Millions of men and women across America working in factories and restaurants, and warehouses are not directly involved with public safety, yet they are drug tested on the job. What is worse is they are let go on the basis of tests that cannot directly implicate them as "impaired" only that a few molecules of some drug were in their blood/urine. If you smoke a joint on your day off and go back to work, they can test and fire you for it several days later. What I hate is all the fat cat lawyers and law makers who have 3 martini lunches and business meetings, then go and legislate laws to protect us. FOLKS WHO PASS THE LAWS, SHOULD BE THE FIRST TO ABIDE BY THEM!!

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Here is one thing I do not understand. In Arizona the fireghters had their random drug testing struck down in court because they are not "directly involved with public safety". WHAT THE HEY!!! Millions of men and women across America working in factories and restaurants, and warehouses are not directly involved with public safety, yet they are drug tested on the job. What is worse is they are let go on the basis of tests that cannot directly implicate them as "impaired" only that a few molecules of some drug were in their blood/urine. If you smoke a joint on your day off and go back to work, they can test and fire you for it several days later. What I hate is all the fat cat lawyers and law makers who have 3 martini lunches and business meetings, then go and legislate laws to protect us. FOLKS WHO PASS THE LAWS, SHOULD BE THE FIRST TO ABIDE BY THEM!!

Can I get an AMEN BROTHA!!!! Someone else who sees the Hipocracy and Lies for what they are.

Just exactly how much more responsible for public safety can you get other than a Firefighter?? Paramedics are stationed within the Fire Dept. and ride on the trucks, not to mention the actual FireFighters themselves who save people from burning buildings and so forth. Makes ya wonder just exactly who it is that the Policy makers consider 'the public' huh?

That whole 'public safety' excuse just doesn't fly IMO. Unless they can show me how every other job out there testing their employees is somehow 'directly responsible for public safety' while Fire & Rescue isn't. The B.S. is getting thick an stinky beyond any stretch of the imagination at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How come I am the only one who voted for this thread??

top topics

join