It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottled water banned at schools!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
is there anybody on here that has suffered some form of ill effect from drinking fluridated water?

because in all honesty ive drunk it all my life and never suffered an ill effect from doing so. is there any substantial non biased evidence that proves fluride in the water is a health risk?

and lets put this into perspective also how does fluride stand up to other toxic and carcnogenic chemicals used in processed food or the chemicals we breath in everyday thats pumped out by factories?

sometimes it seems people loose and arm but worry about a scratch on their finger...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

I have been trying for a few weeks now to avoid fluoride at all costs. I do not use fluoride toothpaste or drink water which has not gone through reverse osmosis.

My mind has never been this sharp!

Seriously, for the past few years (I'm almost 20) I have felt in a complete daze from day-to-day....extremely passive and apathetic, while I could almost consciously feel my mind struggling to become lucid. Even just a few days after I significantly decreased my fluoride intake, that feeling (or lack of) started going away. Today I feel awake and aware like I haven't for years and years, or even my whole life.

It's almost as if I've become a new person in a matter of weeks.

So yes, I absolutely attribute fluoride to the dulling of the mind. My personal research confirms it for myself.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if the part in the movie "Conspiracy Theories" was right where fluoride was a actually a mind controlling drug since the current education system is more bent on controlling students political views and anything under the sun then in the past.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
We aren't allowed to have water in school here either. Although they do sell it in machines.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Oh please, these people need to lay off the public's choices of water. We already know that tap water has drugs in it.

Now that I realize, what the mentioned about the water here in the US having female hormones, that have been making male fish grow female genitals, is making me think, estrogen can cause both males and females to gain more fat. So I'd blame to turn up in obesity to these hormones in our water system. There is no way in hell I would be ok with drinking that filthy water, if they can't extract medications and hormones from it, how in the hell can they extract urine and feces from it? That's just insane.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I know I will most likely get crap for saying this, but G.D. What a bunch of babies!

Do you not realize that the majority of bottled water comes from the same place as your tap water does? They bottle it so they can make extra money for the same water you can get free from the tap
Idiots.. Your children are NOT going to die any sooner from not drinking the bottled as opposed to the tap

I feel sorry for all the children of doom and gloomers. What a life, eh? I am waiting to see kids being rolled around in big bubbles by some of you.

Facts of life are... *gasp*... we are ALL gonna die one day!! I am 31, am still alive and healthy and I drink my water straight from the tap each and every day (in fact, other than the occasional beer, it is ALL I drink). My kids drink tap as well and they are intelligent, healthy little guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Many bottled waters undergo reverse osmosis, which does in fact clear the water of many dangerous chemicals. Not all bottled water uses this method, but to label all bottled water as simple tap water is utterly incorrect.

-------------------------------------

According to the current consensus view of the dental research community, fluoride's primary - if not sole - benefit to teeth comes from topical application to the surfaces of teeth (while in the mouth), and not from ingestion.

- www.fluoridealert.org...

If even dentists agree that drinking fluoride has no good effect on the teeth, then why are we drinking it?

And, a US study published this year found that boys were five times more likely to get a rare form of bone cancer if they drank fluoridated water at levels considered safe by the FDA, compared to boys who drank non-fluoridated water.

The study, completed by Dr Elise Bassin, was published in Cancer Causes and Control, the official journal of the Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention.

- www.ewg.org...

Fluoride had been used for decades as an effective anti-thyroid medication to treat hyperthyroidism and was frequently used at levels below the current "optimal" intake of 1 mg/day. This is due to the ability of fluoride to mimic the action of thyrotropin (TSH). It makes sense, then that out of the over 150 symptoms and associations of hypothyroidism, almost all are also symptoms of fluoride poisoning.

The only admission that you're likely to see is the 1997 addition of warnings on toothpaste tubes, that now say: "Don’t Swallow—Use only a pea-sized amount for children under six." and "Children under six should be supervised while brushing with any toothpaste to prevent swallowing." In areas where the drinking water already contains fluoride, brushing more than once daily with more than a pea-sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste can cause fluorosis, the discoloration and spotting of the teeth that affects an estimated 20% of children.

- thyroid.about.com...

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that fluoride is not a mineral nutrient; it is a prescription drug. Every prescription drug has side-effects, including fluoride. Fluoride has never received FDA approval and does not meet the legal requirements of safety and effectiveness necessary for such approval. Once this drug is put in the water there is no control over individual dosage.

- www.fluoridedebate.com...

[edit on 8/28/2008 by iceofspades]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join