It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottled water banned at schools!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Bottled water banned at schools!

www.roguegovernment.com

The Waterloo Region board has banned the sale of plastic bottles of water in its schools starting next year, a move that is expected to spur others across the province into action.

"The thing about bottled water is that you can just as easily go to the tap – it's just as high quality" and in fact is tested more often and more rigorously, said Kitchener trustee Ted Martin, who spearheaded the Waterloo Region District School Board decision.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
OK, what's going on here???

Schools "educating" children about the dangers of bottled water?

Schools encouraging students to drink "just as high quality" FLUORIDATED TAP WATER? Trying to ban NON-FLUORIDATED bottled water?

"Board staff will prepare a report on how to eliminate all sales of bottled water in its schools and buildings by September 2009."

WHY???

ONE THING THAT ELUDES ME IS THE PURPOSE OF THAT ACTION!!!!!

www.roguegovernment.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Not surprised...All kinds of things that seem ridiculous to ATSers go on in Ontario schools...Things like radio ads fearmongering 8th grade girls to get their gardasil shots at school, programs to raise awareness in high schools to get people to become organ donors.

ATSers read: "Take these drugs little girl! Nevermind that they've only been on the market for a year and the causes of cervical cancer are still being debated!"

or "That's right, someone you never met needs your liver much more than you do. We'll make sure they get it rather than trying to revive you."

Just saying...if you put all these things together you start to get a more cohesive picture of the Ontario school system...and why your children should not be in it.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm wondering, what point they are trying to make? Is it supposed to be an "eco-friendly" move? Are they doing it because the bottles are plastic? And are they going to ban Soda Pop machines in the School too? Heck we all know that Pop is worse for the children than the damn Bottled Water? Why not ban "POP" at school? And encourage the Water Bottles instead?

There was an experiment conducted at my University this year, testing bottled water to tap water. 60% of the people who tasted the water could tell the difference, and preferred the Bottled Water. (I wish I had a clip of it somewhere to post, but I don't).

Interesting...but if a parent sends their children with a bottle of water, and the water bottle ends up being recycled (as it should), then what is the problem? WHY do they want the children to drink the Tap Water? It should be a choice...

If it were me, I'd buy the bottled water, and put it in a Glass Bottle. Surely I have a choice as to WHAT water I bring to school, if not the container of which is brought?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Because it costs the school money to have all that bottled water and, as they said, the bottled water IS THE SAME AS TAP. Literally. There's a guy at the pepsi plant who mans a tap and fills up the damn bottles.

If the students want bottled water, they can bring it from home.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is a very big push being made just now, I heard on C@C the other night someone talking about this, they were saying that their board meetings will no longer offer bottled water. A few other examples too. They were saying it was because bottled water is toxic and that tap water was better. What is going on here??? A definate conspiracy, keep researching this one it is very big. Star and flag.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This is definatly a strange one. Even in this day and age

of shock and awe. There's more t this than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Parents will have to start sending their kids off to school with bottled water now. I know one thing I am glad I am on a well and not connected to city water supply.People should get back to using wells again.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Because it costs the school money to have all that bottled water and, as they said, the bottled water IS THE SAME AS TAP. Literally. There's a guy at the pepsi plant who mans a tap and fills up the damn bottles.

If the students want bottled water, they can bring it from home.

WHAT? You act like the school is PAYING for the [snip] bottled water, while this is CLEARLY not the case!

[snip]

From the Terms & Conditions Of Use:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 26/4/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
When they actually start banning bottled water in schools like the title of this thread falsely leads one to believe has been done, then there's cause for alarm. As it stands now, the school is ceasing the sale of bottled water in school vending machines and school counters, which they're well within their rights to do regardless of the reason why. It's very much like a local store deciding suddenly to stop carrying your favorite brand of lunchmeat. It may be a pain in the butt, but it's their right to make that decision. When most of us older than 25 were in school you had 2 choices in the cafeteria... take it or leave it. We had no vending machines until high school and we had no bottled water aside from the stuff we brought from home.

What's happening is after years and years of environmentalist "the sky is falling" mumbo jumbo, the general public has started believing that we're polluting too much and wasting too much. Oil is used to make plastics and trucks haul the materials, bottles, and product from place to place and use more oil. As oil prices rise, so does the cost of things like bottled water, so there is a cost factor here as well. Institutions and agencies that have banned the sale of bottled water are merely trying to do something cosmetic to make it appear like they're good little Al Gore-ites and have bought into the pseudo-science of global warming and the nonsense that the planet is on her last legs so we have to cut our carbon footprint including that made by drinking water from plastic bottles.

If you're looking for the conspiracy here, look at the conspiracy Al Gore and the globalists have sold us that tries to tell us we're crushing the planet and taking water out of parched African mouths with every plastic bottle of water we drink.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
In some areas of the country, tap water tastes absolutely disgusting! Whenever I've had to drink the tap water in my area, it makes me gag. I drink lots of bottled water.

Restaurants and such are refusing to sell bottled water as well. They want to sell you the nasty tap water. It's fine if the local water supply actually tastes decent, but some places have totally horrible tasting water. I don't like how these environmentalists are cramming their obsession down our throats and trying to make us appease them.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

If you filter tap water like I do, it is OK.

True, my water district fluoridates water, but my filter takes it out. I drink both bottled mineral water AND filtered tap water.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It is my opinion that this is a good thing to happen. Too many bottles are being used for this purpose, 9 times out of 10 the bottled water is straight from a tap somewhere anyway, and I just don't feel it neccesary to see that kids have bottled water in the first place. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777

True, my water district fluoridates water, but my filter takes it out. I drink both bottled mineral water AND filtered tap water.

I've tried filters. The water still tasted nasty.

Regular filters do not take the fluoride out. You have to use reverse osmosis (sp?) for that.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
why dont parents fill up washable bottles/flasks with bottled water from home??? thus letting their children have bottled water but without the waste of plastic bottles?? simple.
m x

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I was high-schooled in Massachusetts and California.

My Massachussetts high school prohibited EVERYTHING, the California school prohibited nothing. The eastern school was a nasty, violent place, rampant with ignorance and violence, the western school was mellow and I never saw a fight there, despite the fact that I was there from my sophomore year through graduation.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if those easterners lost their bottled-water privileges because a few bad-apples were spiking their bottles with the good stuff.

I mean, why _wouldn't_ high school students over there want to numb the pain?

F

[edit on 26/4/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Originally posted by thetruth777

I've tried filters. The water still tasted nasty.

Regular filters do not take the fluoride out. You have to use reverse osmosis (sp?) for that.

Water tastes "nasty" because it does not have the minerals that improve the taste. Distilled water will be 100% tasteless; the MINERALS give water the taste.

And how do I find out if my water filter is reverse osmosis or not?

It's Badger 5 I think

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The fluoride myth disappeared for many years and then resurfaced about the same time all this bottled water use started. Ya, suppose the bottled water industry has any part in scaring people needlessly to sell their grossly overpriced product????

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Exactly.

There is cause for action, BTW, not alarm...
That train passed before i was born...

My child, who will be here in june, will not drink tap water.
Will not go to public school.
Will not be a victim of this baloney.
I am living off a small budget, however, I dont care what the means, my child will not be destroyed with the rest of the children,

I would rather live to shatter this system or escape this system than be destroyed by this system.

I suggest everyone with children prepare to actually educate their children themselves. This means everyone educate themselves first, obviously.

People, we need to understand that our children's future's our in our own hands...
Not the claws of the education system...

Sieze control of what is yours, instead of lamenting that someone else can't do it for you anymore. Or give in to the powers that be and accept yours and the lives of your children are insignificant and should be defiled and discarded. Not really a tough choice is it!

[edit on 4/26/2008 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The fluoride myth disappeared for many years and then resurfaced about the same time all this bottled water use started. Ya, suppose the bottled water industry has any part in scaring people needlessly to sell their grossly overpriced product????

There is overwhelming evidence to support the ultra toxicity of flourine, flouride, sodium flouride, etc.

What are you saying Blaine...?
You dont buy it...?

Please...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join