It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's that buzz again!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lancedamien

Oh no, it's not tinnitus...

Certainly in my case there was never any "ringing" in the ear.
(Or "explosions", for that matter.)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

the diagnosis is probably conveniance driven rather than medically sound.

I couldn't agree more...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

epilepsy is just a name given to the whole blacking out and shaking of the body, ofcourse there is a chance that some things get thrown on the same heap while it is not really epilepsy but given that i get that static crackling sound in the head and the explanation of epilepsy being an 'electric storm' in the head it just made sense.

Although i have to say i thought that sleep paralysis was just a reaction of the body not waking up as fast as the psyche but while i never had a obe as of yet i did get my arm out while having it so maybe there is a more spiritual explanation for the head static as well. Everything is better than maybe having epilepsy

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

epilepsy is just a name given to the whole blacking out and shaking of the body

... and the seizure occurs just as the person is about to remember something - something that feels vitally important to them.
Did you know that?
(I know it only because I've been very interested in the phenomenon.)

I am mentioning this only because, in my opinion, it is a spiritually (or psychologically, if you prefer) induced condition. The physical symptoms may very well be a consequence, not the cause. But I digress...

Anyway, people who either suffer from epilepsy or simply want to put an end to these "electrical storms" may want to try a massage (the front and the temples, also the chest if the heart is affected) with appropriately diluted essential oil of Himalayan spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi - it's important to remember the Latin name because there is another variety called "spikenard" which is totally unrelated to this one).

If anyone does so, I'd be very interested to hear their experiences.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

epilepsy is just a name given to the whole blacking out and shaking of the body

... and the seizure occurs just as the person is about to remember something - something that feels vitally important to them.
Did you know that?
(I know it only because I've been very interested in the phenomenon.)

I am mentioning this only because, in my opinion, it is a spiritually (or psychologically, if you prefer) induced condition. The physical symptoms may very well be a consequence, not the cause. But I digress...

No i did not know that, thanks for the info
. life is getting weirder every day
In a good way i mean.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

life is getting weirder every day
In a good way i mean.

Ha - I know exactly what you mean!

P.S. I forgot to mention that, as they are about to remember, they simultaneously see - or feel - this dazzling aura of total light... an then, they black out.

Interesting, eh...?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Oh no, it's not tinnitus...

Certainly in my case there was never any "ringing" in the ear.
(Or "explosions", for that matter.)

my grandpa used to have tinnitus before he hung him self cos of it
he described it as a fly in his ear
it woul come and go too or stay there for a long times
x

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Oh God... I am so sorry.

It sounds like a tragic case of wrong diagnosis.
Or, to be more precise: the diagnosis was probably "correct" insofar they don't really know what causes those "bursts" in the ear.
They have no idea.

And yet, because it's in the ear, it has to be either "tinnitus" or "Meniere's disease" - which are all too often "treated" with drugs (cinnazirine and such) that do nothing to remove the cause but induce constant drowsiness and sleepiness. If I told you the cases I've seen...
But there's no need, considering your grandpa's tragic case.

Again, I am so sorry!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I get that sometimes if i get sleep paralysis. The thing is i am not asleep when i get sp. It reminds me of a speaker shorting out or the static from the old radio's. One time it actually made my brain ache for weeks afterwards. It's no joke!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Since I started this thread, I might as well use it for "updates" on the subject...

After a very long time, I was accosted by that ethereal "fly" in the ear - that's exactly how the buzz sounds - yesterday morning, while still in bed. I was awake but still resting with my eyes closed when I suddenly felt that "fly" buzzing - and actually "moving" - almost inside my ear. Very unpleasant!
(And BTW, there are definitely no physical flies or other buzzing bugs in my bedroom.)
I shook my head, and it was gone.

Now here's something rather interesting that I've never experienced before: as I said, I was definitely awake, but still pursuing - quite consciously - a certain thread of thoughts that I remembered from my dreams when the buzz hit my ear.
The thoughts I was thinking were totally mundane (about food, no less, but not very pleasant).
After I shook my head and the buzz stopped, I resumed the same train of thoughts. But I suddenly got this feeling - a totally irrational certitude - that the buzz would only reappear if I pursued that particular line of thoughts. So I started thinking about something else. The instant I returned to the original train of thoughts, the buzz reappeared. I shook my head, it went away - and then I repeated the same thought in my head. Sure enough: immediately, the buzz reappeared.
As soon as I switched over to other thoughts, the buzz disappeared and didn't pester me again.

I think I should add that all the while the position of my body was unchanged; I kept perfectly still.

Strange...
That's all I can say.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Vanitas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join