It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's that buzz again!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Ok to update this thread with some data...

Last night I had one these explosions, first time in over a year. I will try to describe in detail what happened.

It was 11.30pm, I was in bed laying on my left side. Very calm and relaxed. I heard a small aeroplane (light aircraft) fly over the house. Which gave me images of being on the beach (I live near a beach), blue sky and I felt very warm.

Then this explosion happened, from both ears to the centre of my head, sounded like someone put a wasp (buzzing) in my head. The tone raised in pitch slightly and it lasted less than a second. There was a popping feeling in both ears at the end of the sound, like when your ears pop on an aeroplane due to air pressure.

Again after that I felt calm again but even more so than before. Funny thing is I dont remember what I dreamt last night and I usually remember all the dreams I have.

Thats the account of what happened, if others could add to this when they have one of these things then we could collect more info about it.

Thanks,

JQ

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Very interesting this happends to me sometimes. With me it always happends at night around 10 to 12 when the ringing vibrations start I expierence the same things that you do, but I have a question, Does your vision change at all? With me it seems when this happends my eyes become more aware of the distance between objects I guess I would say. I dont know its hard to describe.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

This actually could be one of those headache-less migraines (which is a popular explanation for such experiences).
Obviously, I am not saying that it IS, but it does sound like a plausible explanation.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Certainly is plausibly . I definitely don't think thats it's anything CRAZY it's probaly just something with the inner ear or what not. I was just seeing if other people had the same experiences that I have somethings.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Oh, I don't think it's "crazy" either - even it WASN'T a migraine.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Heh, have the same thing but i thought it was 'just' a light form of epilepsy or something. it always happens while i'm resting. But then again most of the strange things happen to me while i am trying to sleep or playing around with my consciousness. Do you have any involuntary spasms while you are in one of those 'conditions'?

Exploding head syndrome sounds like one of the more cool things to be able to label yourself with btw

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

Yeah, sure is hard to describe. I dont remember having one of these things when im fully awake. So I think my eyes were always closed (not sure). It is always at night that I know. But they seem to occur when im relaxed. This recent one I would say it happened at the between stage of leaving the conscious and entering the subconscious or when you are "drifting off" to sleep.

The only thing I would add to my previous post is that the images I saw in my head before this explosion were very intense much more vivid than a normal dream (yet I was still awake) also the feeling of being warm was the same as standing outside in the sunshine. All of this was triggered by the sound of a plane flying by, I had no reason to think off these images at that time.

JQ

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

John, this is a very important piece of information.
(Not that the previous account wasn't, obviously.)

Have you recorded those images in any way: written them down, drawn them?
I hope you did.
And, needless to say, keep track of any such or similar occurrences.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i've had a simular experiance from time to time, but they are not confined to sleep or relaxation settings, however i also occasionally suffer from insomnia and experiance is more intence and frequent at these times.

i'ld describe it a a high-pitched electrical buzz in my ears but it seems to spread through my head and face, like my whole head is vibrating. in a really intence one it feels like my head wants to expolde and implode at the same time, but not with great force, just gently, if that makes sence. there's no pain to accompany it, but i do often feel fuzzy for hours afterward.

i sometimes also have that "falling feeling" at the edge of sleep and although i don't know if the two things are linked they seem to be associated in my mind, which makes me wonder if my brain knows something i don't.

it hasn't had any great impact on my life, i don't really attach any signifigance to it, i kind of treat it like feeling faint if you stand up too quick, kind of weird but instantly forgetable. just sharing the experiance.

i saw oobe mentioned earlier in the thread, and i can see the conjecture, so i just want to say i'm sceptical of it, i've tried it and it didn't work for me, so i don't think my experiance is linked to that.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Have you ruled out migraine?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Exploding head syndrome sounds like one of the more cool things to be able to label yourself with btw

Except the description isn't accurate at all...

(Well, certainly not in my case.)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
um, no pain and doesn't last long, no halucinations. depends on what you class a migrane to be, deffinatly not a migrane as i would class it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

There are migraines - at least that's how the medical textbooks classify this condition - without the slightest headache as a symptom.

Scotomas, for example (see above), are supposed to be a symptom of such a type of migraine.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Ah, too bad. I haven't read it btw, just liked the sound of it

Anyway, good thread. I'll keep following this one, maybe some more usefull info comes up

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

When it happends to me I'm not fully awake it's at night with the lights off and the tv on tring to fall asleep. So I get when you say "leaving the conscious entering the subconscious, drifting to sleep", that really makes alot of sense to me. That change in conscious may give me the strange pitch in my ear and may change my depth perception causing me to relize the distance between myself and other objects in which I described!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
why not try lookin up tinnitus that is most likly to be it!!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I havent recorded them, but I can. I still remember them. Can I ask why its important just interested in your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

JQ.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

yeah, believe it not i actually read the thread before posting
, no, i don't think it is a migrane at all.

on a side note, the sotomas[sp] that were described remind me of the visuals you get if you gently press on your closed eyes, i have a feeling they are probably caused by a pressure build-up in the fluid of the eye. this is probably the same mechanisim that causes them in migraine, probably through tense face musles, but i doubt that the two are actually related other than symptomatically, i think they are probably related in textbooks because of the simularity of the symthoms, and because there is no real threat to your health or well being and no treatment required, the diagnosis is probably conveniance driven rather than medically sound.

JQ, just thinking about the beach dream you had, i am often in a walled garden when i have the falling sensation at the edge of sleep, it's quite vivid, i always assumed the vividness was due to waking up in the middle of the dream with a semi concious mind and that the particular dream was linked to the sensation. what do you think, could the sound of the plane triggered both the sensation and an accosiation with holidays/vacation?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by pieman]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

"Epilepsy" - or even more generically, "seizures" - is a common explanation for anything of the kind that escapes classification.
It doesn't mean it is necessarily so. ;-)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Q
reply to post by Vanitas

I havent recorded them, but I can. I still remember them. Can I ask why its important just interested in your thoughts on this.

JQ.

No special reason (unless you count as "special reason" the fact that I am a data freak who records the exact minute of any thought deemed worth recording - oh, and the atmospheric circumstances, too...
)

It's just that I find it very wise to record, in one way or another, ANYTHING out of the ordinary - in context, if possible.
It's a very simple practice - and IF there were a connection between the outside circumstances and your images - other than subconscious associations, that is - such records would be extremely useful to "chart" their interconnection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join