It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's that buzz again!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As I explained in a different thread, a month ago, in the past year or so I have often felt a sudden - and very startling - buzz or crackling, very similar to a loud burst of static electricity (which I am assuming it is) and/or a large and very annoying turbo fly, either in or very near my ear (usually the right one), when no fly and no known triggers of static electricity were around.

The one thing I've noticed is that it always happened in the evening/night hours (I am not sure it's relevant, I am just telling it as it is).

Tonight, it happened again, only this time not in my bedroom but rather in the living room, near the door leading to the balcony. There are no artificial static electricity-generating materials in the room (like synthetic carpeting and such); and I wasn't around any electrical appliance. The weather was somewhat (not very much) stormy today, but not at the time of the "buzz" in my ear.

The last time it happened was almost a year ago.

Any ideas of what it might be the cause?

P.S. For a full description please DO refer to my original post (see the link above). It is really peculiar, not just a case of tinnitus or "ringing" in the ear.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Nobody has an idea of what it could be?
Or a least an experience to share?
(Without alien intervention, if possible - but hey, at this point I can't afford to be picky...
)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh well, I was going to suggest anything from 'alien implants' frying up inside your inner ear to the 'Taos hum'. Perhaps, a visit to your 'medical' physician could help provide some sort of 'diagnosis' somewhere along 'tinnitus'. Maybe you are located nearby those electrical poles. I don't know what you are experiencing. Your guess is good as mine.

But my closest guess would be 'alien' in origin. For example, while caught in traffic at a red light, one personal experience of this 'buzz' happened directly in front a 'Scientology' building. Other times occur outdoors, yup.

[edit on 2008-4-27 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You said it was at night? Do you have appliances on? Is it possible that they are leaking out electromagnetic fields? I've heard those cause ringing in the ears. Look for maybe some old wires or exposed wires connected to any of your electronics/appliances.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You could be hearing the sound of your death reverberating backwards in time. Souonds like you either get a high voltage shock or killed by a rifle bullet. You're not a linesman are you?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I get this or at least its something similar..

It always occured at night and starts in my right ear but deep inside the ear and travels through my head. The sound lasts for about a second or less and its loud. As you said its like a burst of electricity or even a sonic boom but the sound fades as quickly as it arrives.

If it were a colour it would be a bright white light.. I havent had one of these for over a year now. I cant make them happen or know why they occur. weird ha.

I will keep watching this thread for answers.

Thanks,

JQ.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
you might want to hit up a doctor incase youve got tinnitus

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Ive just read the other thread all the way through..

First off, why does everything have to be connected with aliens and abductions. Im pretty sure its nothing to do with this.... But I will keep an open mind for now.

Things to add to my first post, I would describe the sound as being "heavy" and its a rush of sound that increases in pitch to a final point. My heart beat does increase when I hear this noise but only for a short time. Ive always been awake when it happens. I havent had any other pains in my body when this occurs.

Why does this seem to occur at night? Mine was always in my bedroom which again seems to be a common theme.

Could be tinnitus but it doesnt match the decriptions people give about tinnitus, ive checked out a few websites but im not a doctor, so yeah im still open to that idea. If it was that, would it just go on its own, like I said I havent had one of these for a year now.

All very interesting and a little weird..

JQ.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I have some information that might help you out but at the moment im going for some breakfast.

So when i get back i will edit this post.

Take care.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ok I think I might of found an answer.. love google.

I dont know if this is what you have Vanitas but I think this is what I get. Its called Exploding Head Syndrome... cool ha, couldnt be anything normal could it.... well least its not aliens.

Also I said before if it were a colour it would be a white light and apparently you can see a white light when you experience the sound or as they call it an explosion. Which I may of done before but not realised it.

Exploding Head Syndrome

Like I said this might not be what you have but it may lead you to other answers.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Wow, I’ve never heard of this ‘condition’! So perhaps a sleep disorder ‘doctor’ may be another possible suggestion. They would hook you up to a bunch of electrodes and study you as you sleep, which is usually for overnight.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've had something like this last night just before entering my apartment after going for a walk. It was like a sound vibration similar to when a moth flys by my ear. I've had vertigo sometimes and have seen spots of light. I believe this is some type of seizure activity, possibly related to an infection such as bacterial parasites and or cancer.

The story reminds me of a Star Trek episode of something like transdimesional beings talking or whatever.

Biblically, there's the stories of those who come like a thief in the night and in the twinkling of an eye etc. They may be able to block our perceptions of them? (too much sci-fi?)

Maybe it's some type of invasion we aren't yet aware of, whether it's viral and or extraterrestrial. It would be interesting if someone could start a website to poll people with similar experiences to get an idea of how widespread it may be. Any other symptoms such as tremors or even strange smells?

If this is some type of implant, than maybe it's similar to a sound check?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In metaphysical teaching this is an aspect of what is called "astral noise". It normally happens when the energy body is only half-connected to the physical universe and is with its other half in the non-physical.

"Astral-noise" has been described as whistling, crackling, sudden voices that sound like they are coming from the "off", sounds associated to electric charge and discharge, etc.

The only time I ever had this was in certain states of Meditation. Suffice it to say, wikipedia or your schoolbook wont have a clue about it.

Its amazing you experience this stuff in a "normal" state, indicating that you may not quite be as grounded on the physical plane as others.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the world of OOBE !

It all starts from there, as i have experienced very similar situation before.
I heard the same whistling buzzing sound and woke up one night wondering, what the heck was that !!!

Next time, it happened after a couple of days and i was out of my body folating in the dark. The process is frightening and unless you are calm enough to get out of ure body, it won't happen at all.

So you gotta be very relaxed when this happens. A lot of people are able to attain sleep paralysis but very few able to get out of the body.

Next time notice one thing, once this whistling sound occurs, u aint able to move an inch of ure body part since u are in a state of paralysis, temporarily ofcourse.

read on astral projection ebooks.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I know the buzzing you speak of, I get it all the time.. I always try to interpret it.

I did some mind/body/spirit meditation... like DNA replication or something like that I tried.. for a half an hour following that I got the ringing/buzzing, it was intensifying and I was able to pick out patterns in it, it was pretty interesting.

I'd get random ones here and there usually associated with a little disorientation for a couple seconds. Its pretty cool.

I've noticed an increase in my ability to pick up this kind of static.. like I would walk under a couple cable lines and start hearing a high pitch ringing, and I ask people if they hear it and they do when they focus on it, but I'm just able to pick this kind of stuff up now.

I too think its a meta-physical related thing, an inbalance or "downloads".. I think my great aunt had this "tinnitis".. It was probably her who was a psychic, it was one of them, ahh..

I don't think its anything bad

But then again, I am always open to new ideas and suggestions.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Frankly, I'd rather welcome aliens than go pay a visit to any physician, local or not... With them, at least you know they are bound to know something you don't.

And no, there are no Scientology premises anywhere near me... oh wait, I think there was a film with Tom Cruise on the TV a few days ago! Does that count?

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
You could be hearing the sound of your death reverberating backwards in time. Souonds like you either get a high voltage shock or killed by a rifle bullet. You're not a linesman are you?

No. But I can be, if you want me to.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

"Astral noise"?
Is that something like (excuse the old-fashioned analogy) "music of the spheres" of the olden days?

Anyway, I'll research it.
Thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
you might want to hit up a doctor incase youve got tinnitus

Actually, I've known a physician who had it herself.
After I prescribed her 400 mg of Ginko Biloba every day, it went away...

(And that, my friend, is a true story.)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dan_hawk4u

That's an extremely interesting experience, Dan, thanks.

I don't think it applies in my case, though.
If by "relaxed" you mean, as I gather, being OPEN to the environment - that I am, literally all the time.
And it never happened anywhere near sleep. True, last year it happened mostly while I was in bed - or in that particular bedroom, to be more precise - but, as I said in the other thread, there was no question of me being asleep or even mildly sleepy at the time. (I wish!)
And this last time, I was standing near the balcony door, so, again, no trace of any sleep-related event. Then, all of the sudden, came this tiny "cloud" (that's how it felt) and burst almost inside my ear. But it was very short and mild, much more so than on previous occasions.

I'll keep you posted - fear not!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join