It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees vanish- all life has 4 yrs to live on Earth

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

If I recall correctly a new pesticide based on nicotine is being used extensively now and the effect that it has on "bad" incests is exactly the same sort of thing seen in domestic bees... confusion, loss of direction and neural damage.

Its absurd really if you think about it... if true, it is this new pesticide... that its effect on pollinators wouldn't be considered.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by grover]

I do not believe investors care one hoot as to whether the bees survive or not. That is the true state of affairs. Anything lesser would be kidding yourself.

What do you think the pesticide does to you?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A virus tends to be the main contender for CCD.
As per quote below the bees use a combination of methods to navigate. So frequency(s), pole shifts and cell phones don't add up...

They navigate by using a combination of memory, visual landmarks, colors, the position of the sun, smell, polarized light and magnetic anomalies.

As to pesticides this too doesn't fit the problem at hand...

He and his colleagues have analyzed thousands of samples from stricken hives in many countries.

"We started in 2000 with the hypothesis that it was pesticides, but soon ruled it out," he told Reuters in an interview on Wednesday.

Pesticide traces were present only in a tiny proportion of samples and bee colonies were also dying in areas many miles from cultivated land, he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Most likely cause to date....

Article Asian parasite killing Western bees

Glossary Nosema Ceranae Virus

Sorry nothing to do with the end of the world, 2012, pole shifts, Hilary and Obamas negative vibes to each other.....

[edit on 27-4-2008 by greenfruit]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimm703
reply to post by Clear Thinker

here even the nasa said so about the polar shift
www.gvnr.com...

[edit on 27-4-2008 by grimm703]

How did I miss this, an important event as the Sun having a polar shift? An event such as this you would of thought would have made headline news, but I remember nothing back in 2001 of this major happening. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
The real question when a shift will occur will it be all at once as indicated or gradual?

If the shift happened tomorrow how would the satellites that are either stationary or circling the earth be affected?

Would the satellites all come crashing down upon us as they burn thru the atmosphere?

How much damage would occur to our protective atmosphere and will the shift effect the air we breath not to mention the weather? Rik Riley
[edit on 27-4-2008 by rikriley]

Honestly i dont know Rikriley but if you read Edgar Cayce's saying about this matter (famous psychic - called the sleeping prophet) he died in 1945 by the way

www.geocities.com...

"There will be upheavals in the Artic and Antarctic that will cause the eruption of volcanoes in the torrid areas, and pole shift."

What great change or the beginning of what change, if any, is to take place in the earth in the year 2,000 to 2,001 A.D.?

When there is a shifting of the poles. Or a new cycle begins.

(Southeast Canada will be safe from earth changes.)

(Mt. Etna and nearby Vesuvius, and Mt Pelee signal the major changes!)

As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea.

The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America..

(In 2100 AD water covered part of Alabama, and New York was gone.) Most of the houses were of glass.

www.newagedirectory.com...

The Atlantic coast of America would be altered, especially around New York and Connecticut. New York City would disappear.

www.crystalinks.com...

The first sign of this change in the Earth's core would be the "breaking up of some conditions" in the South Pacific and "sinking or rising" in the Mediterranean or Etna area. Cayce forecast that, by the end of the century, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco would be destroyed. He said that "the greater portion of Japan must go into the sea" at this time, and that northern Europe would be "changed as in the twinkling of an eye."

In 1941, Cayce predicted that lands would appear in the Atlantic and the Pacific in the coming years, and that "the coastline now of many a land will be the bed of the ocean. Even many of the battlefields of 1941 will be ocean, will be the sea, the bays, the lands over which the new order will carry on their trade as with one another."

"Watch New York, Connecticut and the like. Many portions of the east coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the west coast, as well as the central portion of the United States. Los Angeles, San Francisco, most of all these will be among those that will be destroyed before New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear. This will be another generation though, here; while the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia, these will disappear. This will be much sooner. The waters of the Great Lakes will empty into the Gulf of Mexico."

and just a little video from youtue - www.youtube.com... (they are so popular nowadays
)

i think if there is a land rise in the atlantic (east of America) could be the cause of a giant tsunami and be the cause of the destruction of New York as Edgar Cayce predicts (The Day after Tomorrow anyone
)

and the Magnetic Reversal could cause confusion to the animals that use magnetism to navigate (think they show that also in The Day After Tomorrow with the animals in the zoo) could be more truth in that movie than ones imagine

and in Svalbard they have build a doomsday vault for seeds (Noahs Ark anyone) honest i think some know more knowledge to this matter than the masses have - let us just hope the masses will get this knowledge in time.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The problem with bees was mentioned in 3 different UK newspapers all on the same day and all said different things.

www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk... Id=231882

"The main cause is the spread of the varroa which feeds on adult bees and larvae and spreads viruses."

news.scotsman.com...

"Scientists at the Roslin-based firm Global Bioenergetics think disturbance to bees from mobile phones, radio signals, wi-fi and microwaves is disrupting them with devastating results."

www.telegraph.co.uk.../earth/2008/04/26/eabflies126.xml

"Bees are threatened on two main fronts: by a parasite known as varroa destructor, and by the mysterious scourge of colony collapse disorder, which has spread to Europe from North America. Affected swarms simply abandon their hives and take themselves off to die."

"The British Beekepers' Association has said that more than 11 per cent of hives were lost last year."

"Unless something is done, there could be no honeybees left by 2018. "We're facing calamitous results," admitted their spokesman."

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gobo
could that also be why we now have a seed vault in norway for a possible coming doomsday ? (Polarshift in my eyes)

www.norwaypost.no...

Well, I'm sure the polar shift has something to do with it, but I also believe it has something to do with plans to kill us with genmod "food," kill all the genmod stuff, and then reseed the planet with both good seed and compliant humans.

Discussions are welcomed.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

Hi greenfruit, thanks for your input and scientific research that you shared with us on the nosema ceranae, a rare microbe that had only affected Asian bees that developed into a lethal strain virus that harms or kills the U.S. and European honey bee.

I gather reading the information provided that the research was not conclusive of the actual total cause of Colony Colapse Disorder, also referred to as CCD.
Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

It's not just the French government (AND people), all over Europe people have known this for at least four or five years - and very many have, in fact, stopped using that product long ago. (In that sense, it doesn't really make much difference what the governments tell them or not.)
It's much too early to pass a definitive verdict, but I can say that in places where people used this pesticide and then discontinued its use, I have seen hundreds of dead bees four years ago (and we are talking urban areas!) - and now they are buzzing around again.
But, as I said, it's too early to tell.

Somebody said that "they" don't give a damn if the bees survive or not.
I don't think that's true. "They" may not give a damn about the bees themselves, but they do care about their own survival - AND they know what loss of bees means.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gobo

Thanks Gobo for sharing Edgar Cayce's predictions. I have read some of his predictions but what I can verify is his prediction of lemuria that I was told to spell it Lumeria. Lumeria will go down in history as one of the greatest discoveries in the history of mankind. This is for another thread the Lumerians known as the Great Ones or Ancient Ones. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Clear Thinker

I think we could say that cell phone towers linked to the bees dying is very ambiguous. Even though cell towers have been around longer then the problem when was the switch from analog to digital?
As for the pole shift I have also spent some time explaining the difference between a magnetic shift and inverting of the axis to people around me. A magnetic shift has happened several times in Earths history as evident by the alignment of iron in volcanic rock but I don't know about any extreme change in the obliquity of our axis.

As easy as it is for us all to place blame on large corporations, governments or the complexity of consumerism I would like to point out what I consider to be extremely important. Blaming others will never solve any problems it will only further separate people hindering the search for solutions. An example is in the very meaning of the groups I just mentioned, it's us vs. them. Most people automatically become defensive when they are being accused of something bad and this is a waste of time if were are looking for a solution. To put it another way... Let's stop wasting time trying to prove what is not, who didn't say what or who is not responsible! I don't mean this specifically to the members here but more as a frame of thought to always keep with you and generally for everyone.

Here is a good example of false statements produced in defense of an accusation,

Mass bee deaths talked about in beekeeping circles cannot be linked to Gaucho...All of these supplementary studies showed clearly that Gaucho poses no threat to bees.
Posted by Vanitas from his link, "Bayer has once again confirmed..."

First- It's obvious that mass bee deaths are linked to Gauche as is evident by this very report, if it's the cause is another question.
Second- How can anyone prove a negative? Did the studies show clearly that Gaucho poses no threat by way of finding no evidence? I am always told to read between the lines with something like this but I would rather look at it for what it is, a fallacy or a lie. Just because a study cannot find evidence to a link is not evidence that a link doesn't exist. This to me is an indication that the point of this article is to hide something rather then to help find a solution. I am not trying to link Bayer or Gaucho to the bee problem, that has already been done, nor am I trying to say that they are the cause of the problem. I am simply pointing out an observation that some people might miss for whatever it's worth.

On a positive note I would like to add that where I live there are lots of birds, frogs and other little cridders around. We have the pleasure of watching chickadees, sparrows, northern flickers, towhees, a few kinds of woodpeckers and others hopping around eating seeds and catching bugs. And a lot of froggie fornication going on in the ponds here, it's relaxing to hear the sound from hundreds of them at night. There are also a lot of bees spiders and dragonflies. We don't kill anything unless we have to, like when yellow jackets make a nest were they would be easily disturbed by us and attack. Our rule is we leave them alone as long as they do the same.

As I read this thread and think about all the life we see around us I remember that I don't get very good cell service here. It is a little odd as I'm not far from the city and even closer to the interstate highway but yet there are spots of bad reception then good just a few feet away. Many times my phone won't ring on incoming calls but will beep soon after indicating I have a message and I get service in some very out of the way places miles from any roads. Like on top of Mt. St. Helens for instance.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by Devino]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Has any one noticed lately that people are getting sick more often and for longer durations? Is this genetically engineered food grown affecting our immune system as well as the honey bees? I say sound the alarm! If Ralph Roachman, FDA Chief, knows the cause of the deaths of the bees then why have we the population not been warned more throughly about the catastrophic happenings due to our modified crops? Rik Riley

[edit on 25-4

-2008 by rikriley]

People are getting sick more now because they sanitize an disinfect themselves to death. Everything today is so sterile that we are not getting exposed to the germs that build immunity. A little dirt and germs are good for you; it exposes you to things and allows your body to build a resistance. Genetically engineered crops probably has little to do with this issue.

People need to get a little dirty to be able to live in this world.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by dismanrc]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
All the current theories over colony collapse are misleading. At least to me they are. I believe many bees disappeared over top secret military/government field testing projects.

Why?

Because Afghanistan and a few other countries are the largest suppliers of heroin/coc aine in the world. All they need to do know is tweak and modify the system. I'd be concerned of a different race of bees. killer bees "africanized" ones that may have been used for similar objectives.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Has any one noticed lately that people are getting sick more often and for longer durations?

Yes. I even made a thread about it here.

When will we learn to stop trying to dominate and undermine nature? Our world is full of pollutents and genetically modified food, as well as wi-fi, cellphone and electrical waves saturating the invisible space around us. Who in their right mind thought all of this was a good idea?

If you ask me, all this talk of apocalypse, 2012, WW3, meteors is far less likely or critical than the possibility that we're simply going to wipe ourselves out slowly through defiance of nature and sheer ignorance.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I reasearched the possibile causes of the honey bee die off, no conclusive theory has been reached to this date.

Ahh, the newest panic producing hype.

With all the seemingly experienced bee keepers i'm suprised no one mentioned the fact that honey bee populating the Americas was not originally from this continent. The first introduction of the European Honeybee is thought to have happened at the Jamestown settlement during pilgrimage. They were brought over from england to help pollinate their crops. The indians didn't like this intrusion, the honeybees quickly spread.

Despite this historical evidence that the continent flourished before the introduction of said bee, I still wonder how accurate the calculations are, I worried about it for a great deal and decided to see how many honeybees I saw around my house, they are still here, and in great numbers.

Another intresting factoid, Honey is the only anti-biotic produced by an animal. Honey does not spoil. cures allergies blah, blah, blah

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes

The idea of them being lost is certainly the line of thought that I am leading toward. I think even the most hardlined sceptics will accept that there is a large amount of evidence to suggest animals perhaps enjoy an extra sense that we dont. I have always thought that animals can sense subtle changes in frequency of some sort, there is a lot of research going into animals seeming ability to predict natural disasters before they happen. Birds knowing how to get to places they have never been before that are hundreds of miles away, being able to return to exact locations that they have not been to for a very long time, etc.

Perhaps bees emit a frequency to help each other find their way, or perhaps plants even give off a fequency? Maybe they both do, maybe all living things do, I have no idea. Perhaps humans also have the ability, but because we learn from other people rather than instinct, in modern times, we do not develop the ability . If this is the case, then perhaps our signals are affecting them, wifi and 3g are the most recent widely used signals, so maybe they are to blame for interfering with the bees

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by win 52

Pesticides don't do a damned thing for me, I garden organically, I don't use them and I never have... that doesn't change the fact that just about any produce you buy, even organic, has been treated with some sort of pesticide... the only difference between organic and chemical pesticdes is that the organic ones are made from "natural" sources and supposed to break down after a set amount of time... doesn't change their toxicity one bit however.

If they really don't care, they are far more shortsighted than I ever imagined.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Thanks to Cythraul and dismanrc for sharing and giving your opinions on why people are or are not getting sick.

I went to a seminar in Orlando, Fl about 14 years ago and this guy was up on stage talking about how germs were transmitted by human hands. Touching the eyes, nose and mouth areas were a big no no without sanitizing ones hands. Also shaking someones hand and not sanitizing your hands was a big no no. He would ask the question do you know where those hands have been?

He was selling a sanitizing kit containing a liquid jell for the hands and was way ahead of the curve. Look how many millions of dollars of sanitizing liquid is sold monthly in this country alone.

Yes there are pros and cons on both sides of the isle of the issue of cleanliness. Doctors in hospitals will not operate unless they scrub down and the instruments are sterilized. Staff infections kill a lot of patients in hospitals around this country each year.

I have two friends that have both been sick with some kind of virus for over a month and can not seem to shake it. Each lives 300 miles apart and do not know one another. I call all over the U.S. daily and as a whole people that I know are sicker for longer periods of time when they catch something. Rik Riley

[edit on 28-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

grover you bring up an excellent point about organic verses chemical pesticides. Do the organic pesticides have the same effect on honey bees as the chemical pesticides? When you go shopping for organic foods you wonder who is actually overseeing that these foods are actually organic and not just have a label saying organic. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Two things: As far as I have heard, the bees aren't dying, they are just disappearing. As in, gone from where they usually are. Unless it's something I haven't run across, there aren't huge piles of little bee bodies, just disappearances. Anecdotal evidence suggests that people with organic farms have lots of bees. Those around genetically modified foods don't. Again, that's just anecdotal.

Second: When my uncle was a kid (about 55+ years ago) he was getting sick all the time. My grandmother took him to the doctor. The doctor said that she was keeping him too clean, and to let him get dirty (i.e., play in the mud, get grass stains, etc.). She followed his advice, and as far as I know, he's been healthy as a horse since. It's true that you need to have germs to fight to keep your body efficient in warding off viruses/bacteria. I'm not the most fastidious housekeeper (i.e, I rarely dust, though I do mop weekly. I don't like dusting.
), and it's interesting that my son and I are very rarely sick.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Hi sir-chancealot, what if the honey bees were disappearing by actually dissolving like a chemical reaction taking place inside their bodies. This could be attributed to the environment from viruses, chemicals, pesticides or frequencies. What if the honey bee had a self destruct biological triggering mechanism that made them dissolve if the hive was dying. Only a thought. Rik Riley

[edit on 28-4-2008 by rikriley]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join