It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees vanish- all life has 4 yrs to live on Earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I am saying the French government is saying the the pesticide is the probable cause of the deaths and deteriorating immune system of the honey bee. Bayer of Germany is saying their pesticide product is safe in other words prove that our product is killing the bees. Bayer has documentation that their product is safe in other words hundreds of millions of dollars are on the line. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There is something to this with the cell phone towers. I walk my dogs everyday in a park that has a cell phone tower about 60 yards away from the park.. Before that cell tower went in there were plenty of bees and other wild life in that park. After the cell phone tower went in 3 years ago I noticed that the bees have been leaving and there has been a decline in the population of the bees in this park for 3 years . I have only seen 1 or 2 bees in this park and, that was last week. So I know there is something up with the cell tower effecting the bees. There also never used to be dead birds on the ground either. Today ran into another bird, like the 15th one in 2 months. There never used to be dead birds in this park. Also the rabbits in this park have left . My lab’s might see one on a lucky day. But 3 years ago their was lot more. My Labs don’t catch them , they just love the chase. Also the Red Tailed Hawks seem to have left last year they have not returned yet.. That tower is really doing damage to the wild life. Im about to take it out myself if they don’t soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

LOL! Well, you're more up on it than I am!

All I can say is that I think these cases won or lost are really important to them. If they lose a few, that gets us thinking we can beat a big corporation, meanwhile, they are planting death and buying more seed companies. Fait accompli, I would say.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
well the problem for the bees could also be explained by the movement of the Magnetic Pole (we might be facing a Magnetic field reversal soon)

gsc.nrcan.gc.ca...

gsc.nrcan.gc.ca...

and maybe the movement of the magnetic pole and possible incoming Magnetic field reversal is confusing the bees and birds also (+ global warming)

i dont think you should blame the globalwarming on the fossile fuel (Carbondioxide) i honestly in my heart believes it is because of a possible magnetic field reversal (Polar shift)

could that also be why we now have a seed vault in norway for a possible coming doomsday ? (Polarshift in my eyes)

www.norwaypost.no...

and you can read more about poleshift and prediction by psychics and prophets here

paranormal.about.com...

(This change may be sudden or it may be gradual, taking place over hundreds or even thousands of years. The effects on life on the planet would probably be minimal, affecting perhaps the migratory or homing instincts of some animals. ) Bees maybe

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Gobo

Thanks Gobo for sharing information on the possibility of a pole shift and the consequences. The bees, birds and wildlife are usually ahead of we humans when it comes to detecting changes in our environment.

The real question when a shift will occur will it be all at once as indicated or gradual?

If the shift happened tomorrow how would the satellites that are either stationary or circling the earth be affected?

Would the satellites all come crashing down upon us as they burn thru the atmosphere?

How much damage would occur to our protective atmosphere and will the shift effect the air we breath not to mention the weather? Rik Riley

[edit on 27-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
People are overreacting, the earth existed for billions of years before bees evolved, 90% of all life will die, but not all of it.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A great interview on this topic can be found here:

The Bees' Needs (playlist)
www.youtube.com...

Art was joined by Richard C. Hoagland for a discussion on torsion field physics and how it may relate to the disappearing bee problem. Hoagland suggested the missing bees are not off dying in mass somewhere but are instead getting lost from their hives.

Hoagland pointed out that only "corporate hives" of large commercial beekeepers have been affected by Colony Collapse Disorder -- wild bees and bees from organic hives seem to be resistant to the disorder. Corporate hives, he continued, utilize foundation honeycombs upon which the bees construct their waxy hexagonal cells.

This foundation has changed the geometry of the commercial honeycomb, he said, making them larger and more symmetrical than honeycombs found in nature. According to Hoagland's theory, these larger honeycombs tend to amplify some frequencies in the background physics of our planet, confusing the commercial bees' directional/homing capabilities and making it difficult for them to find their way home.

May 12th, 2007

www.enterprisemission.com...
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Be sure to check out the channel too!

www.youtube.com...

It's not mine, but I discovered it about 3 months ago and I'm hooked. All kinds of interesting and cool interviews about alternative topics.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

90% of all life will die, but not all of it.

jeez, what were we worrying about? Thanks for that wonderful bit of reassurance Damien. Now I can rest peacefully until the point where I actually start starving to death from lack of food. At least I will know that a few cockroaches will still be around to re-start life.

That is such a good feeling...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Anytime, you know me, I'm an optimist

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Hi, to be honest I really don't buy the whole cell phone thing. The UK has one of the most developed mobile phone networks in the world (the UK and Europe as a whole latched onto mobile phones much quicker than the US - in large part due to more densley populated areas being easier to provide good services to). So we have had phone masts on almost every street it seems for almost a decade.

As far as the pesticides go - again, if anything more and more of the farms in England are going organic and moving away from pesticides. There really aren't any GM crops to speak of either.

As for people saying its nothing to worry about because 'only a third' of our food is reliant on bees - give me strength! Food prices are already rocketing, along with fuel and energy prices - I really don't think that western economies could realistically cope with the food shortages if all the bees go.

I don't claim to have any real idea why they seem to be dying. Maybe its just something to do with their own evolution - something in their social structure? Maybe animals can do what human society does from time to time - simply loose the plot? Or maybe its something to do with changes in 'cosmic rays' - I've been reading a lot recently about how scientists are fast discovering how pretty much everthing on Earth is affected in some way by the billions of tiny cosmic particles bombarding Earth...

Or, maybe, and this is a little disturbing in my opinion, but makes a lot of sense... maybe its because the Earth's magnetic field is weakening dramatically? Do bees use the magnetic field for navigation and organising themselves, like other animals are known to.. if they can't get their bearings any more wouldn't their colonies collapse?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I agree with groingrinder the bees are making a small comeback. We just have to stop with the unfriendly pesticides. I planted a small garden of flowers that were "guarenteed" to attract butterflys and hummingbirds in the Spring of 1996, and all I got was honeybees, bumblebees, Yellow Jackets, and Black Wasps! They'd show up on a daily basis any time the sun was out! (I no longer have the garden for my own safety.)

I think we'll find the answer in time, but Einstein was right. The world's flora depends on bees and bugs. In the ancient Sumerian and Babylonian cultures, beekeeping was the most populace profession right along with prostitution. So the "world's oldest profession" has had competition since the beginning of time.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ya know it not even all domestic bees... I belong to a couple community gardens and both have their own hives and I was talking to the steward of (both of them) the gardens yesterday and asked him if his hives had been having any problems and he told me that he actually had to divide them because they were thriving so well.

So even though it is only subjective evidence, it goes along with what I have both observed and read, that its commercial domestic hives that are collapsing.... and if that is true, and it seems to be... the question then becomes what is different?

If I recall correctly a new pesticide based on nicotine is being used extensively now and the effect that it has on "bad" incests is exactly the same sort of thing seen in domestic bees... confusion, loss of direction and neural damage.

Its absurd really if you think about it... if true, it is this new pesticide... that its effect on pollinators wouldn't be considered.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by grover]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Are the Mason bees that belong to the family of leaf cutter bees an alternative to honey bees for pollination? See what Amy Stewart has to say about alternative bees that do not live in colonies and do not produce honey. This is a very interesting article and here is the website.
www.northcoastjournal.com...
Rik Riley

[edit on 27-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stepfoy

Einstein was undoubtedly one of the greatest physicists that has ever lived. But he was a physicist not a biologist. Would you go see Dr. DeBakey, one of the best heart surgeons alive, for legal advice? Would you go to a lawyer to do a root canal? No, most likely you wouldn't. Then why do people automatically assume Einstein knows what he is talking about? Indeed, did Einstein even say this?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think most people have no idea what is meant by polar shift. I am getting the impression that many think the Earth will physically flip over so that people in Australia will see Polaris and Ursa Major at night and we in the north will see the Southern Cross and the Magellanic Clouds. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN!!. Anyone who suggests this is what is going to happen does not really understand the subject. What will happen is that the magnetic field will change polarity.
This reversal has happened many times in the past, around every 100,000 years or so, with little adverse long-term affect to life, including human. How do we know this? Well, we lived through the last couple shifts and we are still here. Besides, there are no massive die offs of species or great abundance of fossils at these intervals that would suggest this.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Clear Thinker

why dont you check you tube and see what scientist say about this matter

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I did some research on Bee Colony Collapse in the UK. The problem seems to have arisen there around the time it made an appearance here. This would suggest that cell phones and cell phones towers are NOT implicated. The UK has far more cell phone towers than the US has, in sheer numbers. And it has been like this for several years. Yet they had not any Bee Colony Collapse until we did even though they have more cellphone towers than we.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grimm703

Could you at least tell me what you are referring to? I have made a few replies. And could you provide a link to you tube?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Clear Thinker

here even the nasa said so about the polar shift
www.gvnr.com...

[edit on 27-4-2008 by grimm703]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

forget the fda, its there to protect business and depopulation; masive pesticide spraying in california with plasic and pesticide what are they for...?;they know californians have the best health standards and the alien controlled government cant allow it ;also would be better for california to file for an indpendence like kossovo did

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join