It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees vanish- all life has 4 yrs to live on Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWRHINO
Richard Hoagland has great take on the current "bee syndrome"

He sites that only "corporate" bee hives have been experiencing colony collapse.

He also asserts that the corporate hives use a hive template which is larger than the standard bee hive. The change in honeycomb size changes the geometrical
frequency of the bees habitat

hoagland on coast 2 coast

So in theory the corporate hives might have gone through a food crisis caused by a.gm crops b. drought c. flowers losing their smell d. all of the above e. other sources...

It would be discomforting if this is the case.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Microscopic Bee Mites where the problem in the late nineties here. The blueberry fields had the problem up in the state of Maine. Whole colonies disappeared after setting the hives for pollination in the fields. It was only by chance they found it, Some entomologist was hiking and saw a large group of bees on the side of a tree and they where all dead. He took the group to his lab and found the mites. They then found them in the abandoned hives. Its not a new problem but its still prevelant in alot of places here in the states. Still its not always mites that is the problem. Sometimes they really have no idea why whole hives get abandoned. We also have the problem with Africanized bees in the southwest. They are slowly moving northeast into other states to the detriment of other species of bee.
Zindo

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Thanks beaverg so goes the bumble and honey bees, so goes our worldwide crop yields. Less crops, less food, even more high prices. As the article stated in the U.S. alone the loss of 30% of our honey bees cost 2,500,000,000 dollars in lost yields from crops last year alone. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

Hi NWRHINO interesting theory by Richard Hoagland I have followed him for years but missed this one about the honey bees becoming disoriented by the frequencies being emitted from the Earth. Rik Riley

[edit on 26-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

The question is even though the African bee is much more aggressive, by matting with our existing domestic bees will this new strain or specie of bees have a stronger immune system and be able to resist disease more effectively? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

i said in my last post that if einstein said this awhile back that there must be more to these bee vanishings. since then i've done alot of research, keying in just about everything on einstein and it seems that he never said that. someone misconscrewed something said, and now it is taking off like a wildfire. i also found that keying in "einstein bees" two day's ago recieved 893,000 hits (rounded off), that number jumped to 981,000 in just shy of two day's. i truely feel einstein didn't make that statement. with that settled, we still have the probem! Vasilis, i admire your ability to be optimistic in this matter. this is why the gov. keeps secrets, most people panic easily.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes

great post, instead of worrying, learn how to live through it or with it, let the scientists fix it. i've read posts where people are stocking up on food and water supplies, that things are only going to get worse and that includes america. we aren't used to going without, most of us can't farm, butcher, sew, etc........

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Is this part of the population control of the world we live in or what? Is the greed of growing more crops and making more money greater then sacrificing our nation or the world we live in?

Although they love the money aspect, laughing all the way to the bank, your first question hit the nail on the head.

They have decided to virtually eliminate us, with the "Loyal Few" spared.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stepfoy

Thanks, Stepfoy. I agree that the conveniences that technology has afforded us has also made us less self-sufficient. People in general are further and further removed from the farm life that their grandparents or great grandparents lived. I didn't grow up farming, but we always had big gardens and fruit trees, so I knew a little bit about growing. Living off the land involves vigorous processes, although technology has certainly made things easier.

I'm learning what I can now. I can't speculate on what will happen here, or elsewhere, but I'm hoping that I can be prepared to live rustically if need be.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
These issues are certainly tough ones. Eliminate chemicals from farming and millions starve. Don't eliminate them and we may destroy parts of the environment. Damned if we do; damned if we don't.

Even if Western Industrialized Nations solve these issues, what do we do about the rest of the world? Let them eat dirt and starve? When they have to choose between starvation or using chemicals, which choice will they make? Seems obvious.

We read plenty of complaints and ridiculous untenable solutions, but how often do we see workable answers?
it seems we have alway's watched the rest of the world starve and eat dirt

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Amaterasu thanks for responding, yes corporations are placing patents on their genetically modified seeds and then coming after the farmers if they save some of the seeds and replant with those seeds that for example big corporations control even if the seeds are from the farmers own crop. By the way this discussion was on CBS National News this evening and if it was my choice I would ban all genetically modified or engineered food in this country.

1. I see many problems, number one these are genetically modified crops.

2. Corporations will eventually control all of the food in this country starting with the patented seeds. Does that make everyone feel good and secure?

3. Bees can cross pollinate from one field to the other therefore making it harder for companies to go after these farmers to prove they used the seeds of their own crop originally purchased from said company to replant. In this instance the seeds or beans in question were soybeans. If I am not mistaken this particular company I will not name has gone after a farmer and won their case. In other words these companies control the seeds every year of planting even if you use the seeds from your own planted crop they consider it is still theirs. This is insanity and we and the farmers are in for big trouble.

4. One of the problems some of the representatives of these type companies were walking onto the farmers land and wanting to take samples to see if they were using their seeds from a previous crop and this practice has since stopped. Rik Riley

[edit on 26-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes

and to think that a small insignificant thing like a bee could make so much of a difference.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley
[more

I actually mentioned this on another thread about a week ago, but, little honey bees are all over our yard, and the big fat yellow and black ones are everywhere too! Going into the yard is becoming a hazard, we work in the garden every day and while out there now we are constantly bombed by the big ones, and the littles ones hide out in the grass for the most part. I can't say that I ever remember that the bees hang out in the grass though.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Hi Space cadet, it is sure glad to hear that there are still bees out there and yes you have to watch your feet those cute little buggers sting LOL. Really I know they can be a menace but also one of our best friends. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

What I find puzzling and disturbing (apart from the fate that has befallen the bees, obviously) is the fact that - in my strictly personal, hence limited experience - so few people, especially from outside Europe, seem to have paid proper attention to the controversy surrounding the infamous Bayer pesticide called "Gaucho".

The deleterious effect of said product actually seems established beyond doubt.
Bayer, naturally, denies it.

"Bayer has once again confirmed..."

You will notice that the articles are several years old.
Don't be deceived: more than one beekeeper has told me that, in reality, nobody knows how long or far the cumulative effects of that pesticide (or most pesticides, for that matter) may extend.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Hi Vanitas, lets see the company comes to you and says I am sorry about your bees dying but it could not be our pesticide it has to be from another source or disease. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley

3. Bees can cross pollinate from one field to the other therefore making it harder for companies to go after these farmers to prove they used the seeds of their own crop originally purchased from said company to replant. In this instance the seeds or beans in question were soybeans. If I am not mistaken this particular company I will not name has gone after a farmer and won their case. In other words these companies control the seeds every year of planting even if you use the seeds from your own planted crop they consider it is still theirs. This is insanity and we and the farmers are in for big trouble.

I see where you're going with this idea, but the fact is, well... Read here:

www.cropchoice.com...

Farmers are being ordered to pay Monsanto when seed gets into their field accidentally!

So... What monster is this?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

OK, let's assume they do (even if the thought itself suffices to give me a headache
)...
What are you driving at?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Like I said we are in for real trouble when you control the food you control the population. Monsanto in this particular instance dropped one case that the particular farmer claimed was cross pollinated. The other case on another farmer helping his fellow farmers Monsanto won and I am not sure the particulars on the 2nd case. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have been following this for awhile, and have noticed a large drop in bee population, and it started when they started heavily spraying my area with chemtrails, Ive also heard it may be some virus. I'm not saying the chemtrails did it for sure, but its a strange coincedence

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join