It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees vanish- all life has 4 yrs to live on Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Colony Collapse Disorder, this is the name tag first given to the massive die off of honey bees in the Northeastern part of the U.S. These bees lose their immune system and their way and pick up every kind of disease imaginable that honey bees can contract. Here is more information from Science daily on Colony Collapse Disorder.

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

Rik Riley

[edit on 26-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I do not think that "4 years" is a correct statement. This is just an ecology niche and someone will (and is) take(ing) it. Several weeks ago i went for a hike and could not spot a single honey bee ,even though i searched and took pictures of plants. But there where a lot of other flying insects ,looking like honey bees but much smaller, crawling on the plants and flying around. Also, i found an article claiming that it is not the first honey bee disappearance. However maybe globalization will ensure that it is the final one, who knows.
What i find alarming is that it is a not a single disappearance of colony life forms, bats colonies are also dying of in lot of places.
Salmon, not a colony fish, but in certain stages swim in large groups. And in certain places disappeared.
It is probably a coincidence, or maybe we just polluted environment too much and pressure is too high on those species?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
First off not ALL life would vanish so the title is totally off base.

Second... its domestic hives that are collapsing not, wild ones... I can personally go to 4 very healthy wild hives within a mile of my house.

Granted hives are stressed and have been since the early 90's but the problems affecting domestic hives have not spread to wild ones so one has to assume that it is directly related to what is being sprayed on the crops they service.

Logic people, use logic.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Your right ZeroKnowledge we definitely have a problem with our environment when lifeforms start disappearing that have been on Earth for millions of years. The Earth and wildlife can only compensate and adapt so much and there ultimately has to be a breaking point. 4 years, 10 years who knows we have a problem that needs fixing. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Hi grover off base or not we still have the problem and you do recognize we have a problem with pesticides. Thanks for your input we need the world involved to help solve this problem with the deaths of our domestic pollinating honey bees for our and most lifeforms sake. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Bees aren't disappearing because you've seen some outside?

Come on, that has got to be one of the silliest denials I've read regarding this situation.

Credible scientists are reporting on the event and yes you will still see bees. Why? Because no one said bees have become extinct they said they are beginning to disappear and the reason is no so obvious.

So yes...you will see Bees outside while this is happening.
If the problem persists then that may change.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The same applies to some dodgy website m8
No offense, but your own "rule" bites yourself in the ass there.

Ofcourse, we can never be sure that what anyone is supposed to have said is true. People believe in crist no?
This is the backside of "knowledge is power". If you decide what is true and what not... then you have power.

Maybe even power to kill half the population in the world on the premise of nothing more than hear-say, hehe.
Ofcourse, if the theory of the bees doesn't work in practice, they could just speed of the process in some other way, and still blame it on the bees.

I post this poem in another thread... it's very ironic, in a humourous way

On glossy wires artistically bent,
He draws himself up to his full extent.
His natty wings with self-assurance perk.
His stinging quarters menacingly work.
Poor egotist, he has no way of knowing
But he's as good as anybody going.

- R. Frost

Kinda sounds like a poem about America... doesn't it?

M. Night uses it in his movie "The Happening". If you go through the trailer and pause it at 15 secs. you'll see it on the blackboard behind Mark Wahlberg, along with the quote attributed to Einstein.
Ofcourse this doesn't automaticly make it true.
If anyone I'm deeply against the good old "hear it once it's questionable, hear it twice it's truth, hear it three times... then it's gospel"

-----

reply to rikriley

huh, that's quite disturbing. Could make some people speculate if the disease is manufactured... I mean, that is just a form of aids for bees, isn't it?
And they are not the first animal to have that.

[edit on 26/4/08 by flice]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
First off not ALL life would vanish so the title is totally off base.

Agreed their are other pollinators but not in the numbers of bees

Second... its domestic hives that are collapsing not, wild ones... I can personally go to 4 very healthy wild hives within a mile of my house.

I have heard this as well, I have also heard that organic bee keepers are not having any problems

Granted hives are stressed and have been since the early 90's but the problems affecting domestic hives have not spread to wild ones so one has to assume that it is directly related to what is being sprayed on the crops they service.

Logic people, use logic.

Or how they mass medicate their hives or any other mass chemical they are adding.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Cell phones, dude. I never bought one. Everybody keeps pressuring me to buy one, but I always knew something wasn't right with them. I vehemently refuse to buy one, and hesitate even borrowing one for a quick phone call.

I think it's a combination of cell phones/towers electromagnetic radiation, and GMO pollen that produces dangerous chemicals. We've seen what that stuff does to rats. What about little bees? How does it damage the genes of the colonies? I mean, insects reproduce much faster than rats and larger animals... so the genetic mutation and damage can travel a lot more rapidly through generations.

Plus, bees operate as sort of a hive mind.... and scientists have yet to explain what mechanism is responsible for this. Could it be some sort of telepathic connection? Could it be that electromagnetic radiation from cells and electronics in general disrupts this natural connectivity?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ha... I'd say the Bilderberg did it,they trying to kill us off by using chemtrails to kill off all the bees.

This is a conspiracy forum after all right
?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

Thanks flice, you could say it is aids for the bees, man made aids. This is a warning to man kind that we had better clean up our act, the massive disappearance of our precious bees. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Einstein once said if the bees vanish then all life on Earth has 4 years to live.

Einstein never said that. :shk:

I've researched this so-called quote before while investigating the bee disappearance and was unable to find any source material or any attribution whatsoever for this quote made by Einstein.

Most likely it is an internet generated hoax or urban legend quote made up to support someone's theory. If a famous and smart person the likes of Einstein said it, well then it must be true eh? It's the same thing you did Rik Riley, cite this Einstein quote in the first sentence of your thread to help make the perception that your statements carry more weight and truth.

So much for research eh?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As I mentioned before I have a friend who is a scientist. His field of studies have been chmistry and biology and for several years now he has been working as the manager of a company which manufactures sprays for the forest industry.

He told me that he believes that the genetic engineering of of plants may be to blame as cross contamination is occurring in ways that scientists didnt predict. Each time a gene is introduced to a new species or a similar species it depends on where the gene gets inserted and each time it is inserted in a different place it creates an entirely new species. Bees are very delicate and introducing them to alien species of flowering plants could have unforseen results.

This is why Genetic Engineering of any kind has to stop.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I thought it was Albert Einstein who made this statement but have not conclusively been able to prove or disprove either way. Whether Einstein made this statement or not we need to pay strict attention to what is happening with our domestic bees and they are essential for this beautiful Earth to flourish. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tybrus

Thanks Tybrus, I am in agreement with you and your friend about genetically modified or engineered crops and plants. Our Creator put these original plants here on this great Earth for a reason and when man sometimes changes things it disrupts and can destroy what took millions of years to perfect by our Ultimate Creator. Rik Riley

[edit on 26-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

I agree that bees are an important part of our ecosystem, however many pseudo researched articles are written in a fluffy style with the erroneous Einstein quote being the cornerstone of their assertions.

This bee disappearance thing may be similar to the 'climate change' debate, while most agree that climate change is apparent, the REASONS for it are not as apparent, and may be from ordinary cyclical events. The same with this bee disappearance.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by groingrinder

Absolutely. I had three of them big fat ones, chasing me all over my yard today.
Maybe they should look for them here?

lol... bumble bees? As soon as I had planted my flowers I had bumble bees all over them, kinda irritating but I let them do what they need to do. They don't sting anyways.

The only shortage of bees this year have been wasps.. but that could be because they are addicted to making their nest on peoples porches and the entrances to businesses so we kill them.

And I am trying to find the story from, I think new mexico, where a "tornado" of bees closed a business as a literal vortex of bees attacked it.

I think it was just a virus, it passed the plauge is done and we will see more bees this year. No bees last year could be why the harvest world wide have been so bad.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I made a lengthy post to this thread but posted it in the wrong thread!

Anyone interested please follow this link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the second post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it is very important information.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
This bee die off IS very serious, but...

Einstein wasn't a biologist and although I love his wisdom(ussually) in this case he is clearly wrong.

Bee's aren't the only method of pollination. Thousands of other types of insects do it as well. Not to mention the wind. So although the ecology might suffer a collapse and OUR envirounment might become unlivable for a while LIFE would go on just fine. Probably better without us actually.

Vas

I have never heard this 'bee' quote before... but I remember reading that if all the Plankton were to die it could mean the end of life on earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by groingrinder

Absolutely. I had three of them big fat ones, chasing me all over my yard today.
Maybe they should look for them here?

lol... bumble bees? As soon as I had planted my flowers I had bumble bees all over them, kinda irritating but I let them do what they need to do. They don't sting anyways.

The only shortage of bees this year have been wasps.. but that could be because they are addicted to making their nest on peoples porches and the entrances to businesses so we kill them.

And I am trying to find the story from, I think new mexico, where a "tornado" of bees closed a business as a literal vortex of bees attacked it.

I think it was just a virus, it passed the plauge is done and we will see more bees this year. No bees last year could be why the harvest world wide have been so bad.

Well Rockpuck, if you are looking for wasps go no further!! Rexburg, Idaho is full of them. I moved here in September and since then (except for winter) they have been all over the place. There are collectors at every street corner to get these things. I'm not sure what they are called, but the hornets fly in to get some sweet nector stuff and can't get out again. I have 3 of them around my house and they are full of dead wasps.

I wonder what it is about this area that seems to collect them. We are 90 miles from Yellowstone if that means anything. I'd take bees anytime over wasps!

How do the scientists KNOW the bees are disappearing? Are they tagged on their little legs? I mean, obviously no one counts them. Does anyone know how they came up with this idea that the bees were going?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join