It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees vanish- all life has 4 yrs to live on Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Einstein once said if the bees vanish then all life on Earth has 4 years to live.

Approximately 80% of all insect pollination is completed by honey bees. The disappearance and the dying off of hundreds of millions of honey bees has the scientific community sounding the alarm that the human race could be in serious trouble.

Like the canary in the coal mine we had better wake up and find the real cause of what is happening to our bees around the world and not to mention the bird population dying off.

Could this be caused by electromagnetic fields being emitted from cellular phone towers and the 2.5 billion cell phones in use across the world or is it HAARP emitting frequencies throughout the planet Earth? Could part of the problem be the genetically engineered food we are eating in the U.S. or is it all of the above?

This might shine some light on the matter www.hese-project.org...

The alarm has been sounded is this our last chance? Rik Riley

[edit on 25-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Bees are all over the sage bushes outside my window.

I have heard the bees disappearing blamed on a virus from Israel as well as pesticides.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Hi groingrinder, what ever the massive cause, it is affecting the immune system of our beloved bees. Pesticides or a virus could be part of the problem but I believe the cause of the massive deaths of the honey bees is deeper than that and we had better find the answer quickly. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Never heard of that....
What virus from Israel is killing bees off?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

excellent link and alert. We hear all the time about the potential cancer link from cell phones but this is the first I've heard of cell/microwave towers. This whole subject needs some serious spotlighting.
This is potentially a far more serious and imminent threat than even the global nuclear war that was the issue when I was a kid.
I am more worried now than then, because while I sort of new the "leaders" back then would not want to start something they couldn't finish, who now is in charge? Will big business, greedy consumers and lobby driven politicians give a damn about bees and birds?
I seriously worry about that. I can envision lots of better ways "to go" than thru the chaos that will ensue as a result of ignoring this problem!!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Hi wayno, you and the population of the world need to be concerned with what is going on with this Mother Earth. Are we killing ourselves like the Romans did by drinking wine out of lead containers by eating genetically modified food and not to mention electromagnetic fields being bombarded on the world population and lifeforms on the planet? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Absolutely. I had three of them big fat ones, chasing me all over my yard today.
Maybe they should look for them here?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i've been hearing things about the bee's disappearing but never that einstein said it. now that does give it a whole new meaning, like how would he know they may be disappearing someday. also, yes we still see bees but not honey bees as much as we once did

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yes to all of the above! I have personally been concerned for a long time about our disregard for mother nature and growing reliance on everything artificial. My concern only grows every day with news like that you have highlighted in your OP.
Fear and dread might be more apt for how I feel now, along with frustration and anger at, well, the gall of the businesses that continue to push their risky, unproven technology, and the lack of interest, let alone concern of the average joe on the street.
I am not prone to hyperbole, but it seems like every day there is a report about another species on the brink somewhere in the world. I wonder if we haven't in fact already passed the tipping point?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This bee die off IS very serious, but...

Einstein wasn't a biologist and although I love his wisdom(ussually) in this case he is clearly wrong.

Bee's aren't the only method of pollination. Thousands of other types of insects do it as well. Not to mention the wind. So although the ecology might suffer a collapse and OUR envirounment might become unlivable for a while LIFE would go on just fine. Probably better without us actually.

Vas

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is what I also had strong suspicions of what is causing the deaths of our beloved honey bees.

The FDA chief Ralph Roachman back in 2007 said bees are dying from genetically modified crops, do I have to repeat. Then if this is the case and they know the cause why in the hell are we still growing genetically modified crops? Is this part of the population control of the world we live in or what? Is the greed of growing more crops and making more money greater then sacrificing our nation or the world we live in?

Europe does not allow the genetically modified crops in the common market countries and why is that, do they know something that we in the states do not know? I think so how about you?

Has any one noticed lately that people are getting sick more often and for longer durations? Is this genetically engineered food grown affecting our immune system as well as the honey bees? I say sound the alarm! If Ralph Roachman, FDA Chief, knows the cause of the deaths of the bees then why have we the population not been warned more throughly about the catastrophic happenings due to our modified crops? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Einstein once said if the bees vanish then all life on Earth has 4 years to live.

Actually there is no record of him ever saying that and is probably just an urban legend.

Some say that it was made up, and they used Einstein names to make the claim seem more credible.

www.snopes.com...

Origins: One tried-and-true method for getting people to pay attention to words is to put them into the mouth of a well-known, respected figure whom the public perceives as being an expert in the subject at hand. To make a point about whether our current political leaders are taking us down the right path, dig up an analogous quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln. Or, to comment on the nature of war (e.g., when it should be fought, how it should be fought, or the consequences of fighting it), find a relevent example credited to Robert E. Lee or George S. Patton.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Hi ANOK, if Einstein never made the statement, Houston we still have a problem and the bees are dying and we had better figure out a solution to the problem. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well that's true, but I doubt we have to worry about Human life ending in four years...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Recently, I've been reading threads on ATS about harmful chemtrail activities from aircrafts at high altitudes, provided some of my two cents based on my personal observations in the skies and came across what appears to be another related thread to how the bees are dying due to EMF radiation sent out by HAARP entitled: 'The BEE smoking gun'.

So, Einstein may be correct about the demise of the human population when the bees die off due to the additional potential for these 'chemicals' above falling to ground level and possibly contaminating the 'crops' and water supply below.

[edit on 2008-4-25 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Most scientist give us ten years if the current death rate of bees stands and if all the honey bees finally disappear. All I know we had better hire a bunch of workers with leaf blowers to pollinate the planet. LOL Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Hi pikypiky, I had given chemtrails some thought, but yes this is possible. Something is going on and I am not sure what we are being sprayed with and is this a biological or chemical agent falling to Earth not sure? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There are many articles on the internet that discuss this issue. In a research seminar for my graduate work, I looked into the colony collapse disorder. There are many theories.

Richard Hoagland suggests that the disappearance is related to torsion physics and navigation, and that the bees aren't necessarily dying; they are lost. Some articles look at cell/wi-fi technologies. Some point to the GMO issues, and others to pesticides like the nicotine based ones from companies like Bayer.

Rather than just continuing to read about the collapse, I enrolled in a class where I'm learning how to keep bees. It's a great class so far. It appears that migratory colonies, those which are transported from state to state for pollinating purposes, are seeing more of the effects than colonies that are rather stationary. There is still much for me to learn.

I tell people that I'm taking the class and they smile or laugh. Then I tell them that every 3rd bite of food that they take is the result of bee pollination. I think they understand that.

I don't know how much a stretch it is to connect this to the Codex stuff, or whether this whole thing was orchestrated. There was another article in this forum about the salmon no longer running up certain rivers. Perhaps these changes are due to the supposed shifting of the poles, and thus affecting navigation.

Whatever the case, I believe we're seeing the beginnings of the hard times for food. I don't know what the point of critical mass is, but it can't be too far down the line.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DamnedDirtyApes

Hi DamedDirtyApes, you bring up some good points. I used to sell bee pollen all over the United States especially Tennessee and had the great pleasure of meeting many bee keepers. They are a great down to Earth group of hard working people and willing to give a helping hand when it comes to their bees and as well as people.

The shifting of the poles is a possibility but at this point it is hard to prove other then watching nature to react to the change. I remember Major Ed Dames on Coast to Coast some years back talking about what he saw thru remote viewing for the future of the planet. He said, he could see the oceans of the world being totally depleted of fish and the fish would die off in masses causing massive starvation throughout the world. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Hi Rik,
I tend to agree with your comment about beekeepers being down to earth people. The ones I have met are great people, whether they do it as hobbiests or as their jobs. Those who deal in agriculture or orchards are current on the CCD issue. I went to a seminar last month given by a professor from Michigan State University. He gave an informative presentation, although I felt like he was treating the GMOs like they were a non-issue. Maybe Monsanto gives the university money for research.

In response to your reference to the C2C interview with Maj. Ed Dames, I can't say that I caught that one. Although, I have no doubt that the global fisheries are being taxed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join