It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Heckler Arrested After Punching Wheelchair-Bound Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Bush Heckler Arrested After Punching Wheelchair-Bound Girl

www.foxnews.com

A man heckling First Lady Laura Bush and daughter Jenna outside the 92nd Street Y was arrested after he punched a wheelchair-bound girl whose parents had told him to shut up, authorities said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is getting far out of control! Attacking a girl who has cerebral palsy in a wheelchair because he does not like President Bush. At a gathering about a children's book no less!

Anyone who is serious about the topics here needs to disassociate themselves with these violent nuts before they destroy any chance of their causes ever being taken for anything other than rantings by crackpots.

We are the company we keep. This is not free speech, it is people denying others their rights.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If I was John Lovetro, this heckler would be laying dead with his neck snapped and his wrists chewed open.

It really tells you all you need to know about these people that he was shouting profanities at the first family during an event centered around little kids and a book written for little kids. The fact that he beat up a physically challenged girl isn't even surprising to me. Not a great deal of difference between them and Fred Phelps' group after all, actually. Both prey on the innocent and those least well equipped to defend themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
While i can appreciate his anger towards the Bushe's, i cant see anyone hurting someone else, much less on a wheelchair.

ITS OFFICIAL!

People have finally gone nuts!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
He sounds like a nut.

Just because someone is opposed to Bush doesn't mean they're a saint.

Lock him up.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It is sad that people can't learn to express their views without resorting to this kind of behavior. I can't imagine how the Parents must have reacted to this.

I hope the courts set an example of this person. I'm all for peaceful protests and dissent but when it devolves to this

This immediately brought back memories of the craziness during the waning days of the Vietnam War. In the end it was those who approached it peacefully and found a way to bring Representatives and Senators over to their side that made a difference. All this does is drive everyone away and helps to cover up things they need to hear.

I know that we often disagree here on issues, but all sides get a venue. I think that differences laid aside, we can agree that this is not the way to be heard.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm all for freedom of speech but there's just a proper time and place to use it as well as a code of ethics and morals that you should conduct yourself based upon so that you get your point across in the least hostile and most effective way possible.

Showing up at a children's book event is not the proper time and place for a protest and punching a handicapped child is completely uncalled for and violates any and every code of ethics and morals that a truly concerned and sound minded protester should have.

I hope no one on this site comes out and supports this guy. Hate Bush, hate the Government, hate the status quo - that's fine. But we don't need to create these two opposing sides for every event where we either support the guy or we're supporting Bush.

This guy did something illegal by hitting a child and ruined his own cause and voice, as well as all of us with similar views as him. That shouldn't be supported or applauded.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, this has been relegated to the BTS Board and I don't expect many more replies as a result. I'm heartened to see others agreeing that this is not the way to get ones self heard. Thanks for the replies.

I hope we don't see much more of this behavior, but past experience tells me this is just starting. I expect to see violence directed toward the returning Soldiers before long. It's amazing how much of history is forgotten in one generation.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
This is getting far out of control! Attacking a girl who has cerebral palsy in a wheelchair because he does not like President Bush. At a gathering about a children's book no less!

Anyone who is serious about the topics here needs to disassociate themselves with these violent nuts before they destroy any chance of their causes ever being taken for anything other than rantings by crackpots.

And as I agree, I also find it sad that we people who at the least disagree with Bush and his policies must also affirm that we find such violent acts condemnable. Can not an individual be insane or violent for himself without being attached to a certain movement? The generalization that the many are as crazy or violent or disruptive as the few is commonly employed, but seldom is the falsifiability to determine whether it is true statement. To imply that we must vociferously condemn the act lest we condone the act is condemnable in itself. Common sense alone should dictate this man's action to be measured.

Well, this has been relegated to the BTS Board and I don't expect many more replies as a result.

For it's worth, you have a flag from me.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexi Humi

Thanks for the reply. I think it is important people see things like this to understand how non-peaceful dissent can turn into this kind of ugliness. I watched it happen once in my life and I'm saddened I'll have to watch it again. I think this is just part of the beginning of what may turn very ugly.

join