It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont you find it odd...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
...that nowhere on the internet is there even a single site that allows posting on a forum or instant messenger where you can post whatever without a screen name (handle), password, or e-mail address to be displayed or needed to post?

And isnt it odd that there is no site offering the sending and recieving of e-mail anonymous without an "etc." on the left side of the at etc. dot com part or the whole etc. at etc. dot come part?

Like with phones...You can call someone and have it to where the phone number wont show up on another's caller ID. It should be an option for that with e-mail.

As for forum and messenger sites, dont you think there should be sites with an actual total anonymous option? Why are designers of websites and messengers all following the usual? Is something or somebody forcing them to be similar to the next?

If they ever made sites like it they should be called AA non-member sites. AA for alternative anonymous. On such sites you are not a member, but may post. Shouldnt have been more complex than that from the get-go on sites. Getting us to conform to have more than one name in society is as having the number of his (the beast's) name.

Matter of fact, there needs to be an additional internet. Call it Internet A. A for either Anonymous or Alternative where this additional internet hosts only those kinds of AA non-member sites and has the whole optional anonymous e-mail array set up.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
we will never be anonymous fact of life!!

no matter where you live!

even if you are self sufficient you will have a number....

we are slaves and we are owned because we do jack # to change it..

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It would hinder e-stalkers (they'd be blinded as to who is who. They even wouldnt be able to know if it's the same person making a thread/post to where they might continue trippin' about something said from ago towards a person) and keep others from somehow coming in the name of what would be your e-mail or handle.

Society's social interaction through the net could be better. Just think... when you're out in public, socializing by exchanging brief comments and questions with stangers, you normally wouldnt ask for their name or name they go by. Nor do they wear tags with any names on it. And neither do you. Why shouldnt it have been more like that on the internet already?

Face it, ppl on this current internet are not truely reflecting society with the fear over their heads that the results of their finger tip actions are by a log that can be traced to a location. There are things you would say to a person, in person, that you wouldnt say to that person on the net. And there are things you wouldnt say to a person, in person, that you would say to that person on the net. There would be a realer society if there ever would be an additional Internet A. Even more real if it doesnt even keep a log that can lead to a location.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

Well there at least is no law preventing an addiontional internet like the kind in the ideal suggestion, is there?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Isnt your screename annonymous? I certainly dont know who you are

Mine is. I dont use this screen name on any other forum/message board. In fact, if you google greeneyedleo....there are a lot of other people using the same screen name. LOL Guess im not too original
But this is the only place I use it

I think the problem some people have is that they use the same screen name all over the internet....its easy to find and track footsteps
I learned it the hard way.....trust me on that

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

agreed. i think the need for screen names and passwords are important,. otherwise anyone can get on and reply as me if they wanted. its up to the user to pick a name that wont lead back to him.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple

agreed. i think the need for screen names and passwords are important,. otherwise anyone can get on and reply as me if they wanted. its up to the user to pick a name that wont lead back to him.

Wait a sec... How could they reply as you if you've been going on anonymously? No one would be able to be a name you never supplied.
And if sites had no field for a password or handle no one could be anyone else surely.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Maybe it is because most people who post on message boards dont go on and just make one post. Unless they are trolling. Most people posting on messages boards do so to participate amongst a community of people who want to discuss similar things.

That is how you get to know people. You see that JaneDoe has posted and you tend to like what she says, so now you are able to follow JaneDoe around a message board and see all her posts. If JaneDoe has no screen name, you would never be able to find her posts.

Now grant it, there are many blogs out there where you can leave comments and it usually will say "comment by anonymous" if you choose not to enter in a username. But those are usually just to leave comments, not participate in conversations with people - which is what we do here.

But in reality, any username you use, unless its your real name or email addy, is in fact anonymous....unless you use the same one everywhere and leave a trail of identifying information

[edit on 25-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well all one would have to do to get the same person's attention, in an anonymous internet world, is by simply quoting a part or a whole to what was previously said in the very thread or from a previous thread into another thread. Like already on here how we can quote someone so others know whether or not you're talking to them. In an anonymous net world that can still be pulled off to where you can communicate with a person that you like from what they had said from before without having to have been supplied with any screenname of their's.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The real reason is Communism. Communism, pure and simple.

Your mind is not yours, you have been assessed as a threat and are subject to an ongoing military program of mind control and social engineering authorized at the highest level.

They already have your IP address logged, everything else is just to remind you that you aren't as free as you used to be - so deal with it. We are the "useless eaters", even doctors like my wife and I...
...Who could patch up damaged "useless eaters" thereby extending the amount of "useless eating" they are able to do.

This is just getting you ready. So get ready for it. Your President Loves you.

"Papers Please"

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I use the same screen name in all forums so that friends will recognize me.

I am not a coward. I will stand behind every word I type. There is no way I will live in fear of someone finding me and hunting me down. That must be a terrible way to exist.

I do not read nor participate in anonymous forums. If you are afraid to own your words I don't care to converse with you.

Don't be scared. Fear is like a cancer eating on you.

I despise a coward.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I use the same screen name in all forums so that friends will recognize me.

I am not a coward. I will stand behind every word I type. There is no way I will live in fear of someone finding me and hunting me down. That must be a terrible way to exist.

I do not read nor participate in anonymous forums. If you are afraid to own your words I don't care to converse with you.

Don't be scared. Fear is like a cancer eating on you.

I despise a coward.

By what you just said you make your self out as cowardly because you wont use your real name as screen name to even suggest you arent truely afraid of someone finding you and hunting you down like over the net. You obviously live with the very fear like cancer because you only want friends to know who you're as, and no one else.

Names only serve one purpose... it's to afix an image on you. It allows someone else to use that image however and afix other definitions to it with or without your approval.

^^If we went by no names there wouldnt be the probability of that problem arising from time to time in diferent ways

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I like you Mabus, we seem to think alike... and as such, I shall point you to what you wish to have.

POSTING
You can post on forums on the internet without a Username or Login of any kind. These forums are referred to as alt. forums.
They are referred to as such because the majority of them begin with alt... alt.topic.location.etc

Have a look at this walkthrough.
Method #2 would be more up your alley.
Yes, you are using an e-mail address to log in... but the e-mail address is not listed, and the humorous part is, hotmail lets you create absolutely fake e-mail addresses.

In the early days of my internet use, Alt newsgroups (also called UseNet back then), were free, anonymous, and could be accessed easier than any IRC or BBS network... of which IRC I will get to in a moment.

ANONYMOUS E-MAIL

Shhh... not many know of this, so keep it to the ATS crew. This stems from the old days of using e-mail... back when there were no e-mail readers.

First, you will need to know your ISP's SMTP server name. If you want it without them knowing what you are about to do with it... just have them walk you through setting up your legal e-mail account... they have to give it to you during this so you can send e-mail.
For example use, I will be using XXXXX to cover up my ISP's smtp server name.

Now that you have that... in windows :
Click START > RUN > type CMD > hit [ENTER]
or just click on the command prompt in your applications menu.

Now, on that command prompt (black screen, white writing) type
TELNET smtp.XXXXX.com 25 (Hit enter)

it will drop to the next line... type
HELO XXXXX.com (Hit enter)

again, it will drop to a new line... type
MAIL FROM: [email protected] (hit enter)

it may or may not say "250 OK", regardless type
RCPT TO: [email protected] (hit enter)

again, you may or may not get a "250 OK"... now type
DATA (hit enter)

Now type out your message. When done, hit the period key on a line by itself and hit enter again.
You can type QUIT now, or just close the window.

The command prompt should look something like this:

C:>TELNET smtp.xxxxx.com 25
HELO xxxxx.com
MAIL FROM: [email protected]
RCPT TO: [email protected]
DATA
Hello someguy, I am writing to inform you that you haven't got a clue who I am.
QUIT

If you get any errors, you likely typed the server name wrong. Look up TELNET SMTP on Google for more information on this method.

I must urge you not to over-use this method, nor to spam people with it. Though you are anonymous to your recipient... your ISP knows who you are, and if there are enough complaints they will be watching for this kind of activity to call you on your spam.
Nobody likes spam.
As for using it for personal use, it's perfectly legal, in fact, your e-mail program actually does the above automatically... thats actually what it's saying to the server when you send mail.

ANONYMOUS CHATTING
This also comes from the days of old... however, surprisingly, not only have the IRC networks stuck around... they are MUCH bigger than they've ever been before.

If you're using windows, get Mirc... look it up online.
MIRC stands for Microsoft Internet Relay Chat. Not surprisingly, IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat... duh.

There are millions of IRC networks out there... one of the most popular is dalnet.
At any given time, there are quite literally hundreds of thousands of people on IRC lines talking about a wide variety of subjects, anything from engine repair, to restoring the nazi regime... yes I saw them on there, and no I didn't stick around.

If the buttons in MIRC frustrate you, there are countless guides online on how to use IRC networks. Just Google "IRC Chatting" you'll find something.

The internet hasn't really become less anonymous... it's just had a whole load of crap added on top of it that does require you to leave a trail.

The real internet, the old anonymous internet, is still there... and nobody can deny you use.

Again, please, use these things for legal uses. Nobody likes a spammer, and nobody likes people acting like twats on the internet because they're anonymous. To the real hackers, you are NEVER anonymous.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
*sneers*

Perhaps because if we were to do that we would be unwittingly handing the powers that be a victory.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Or of course i could put it another way;

Are you a man, or an anonymouse?

edit; For those of you who fail to comprehend - i'll put it in simple terms;

By hiding under a mask of anonyminity, you are essentially saying "I AM AFRAID".

They want you to be afraid, remember?

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So, in effect - no, I don't find it surprising whatsoever that people are willing to make it know they will stand and fight if nessecary.

new topics

top topics

join