It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it i have had enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
WTF is it with this site and heavy advertising? when i say heavy i don't mean the amount as i don't give a frik about that, its the fact that it is stalling my computer with all the flash and other assorted bullcrap that you have all over the place - as i am typing this it my browser (firefox) is stalling every 10 seconds or so from it...

please be sympathetic to those of use that haven't got quad core latest machines and lighten up on heavy flash or whatever teh frick is causing this... anyway frick it i am going to get the add blocker for firefox, i never would do this but you have forced my hand... man i so fricked off, i can't even browse one of my favourite sites properly

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a slow internet connection or a problem with firefox. It's all there to load quickly, but something at your end is probably the problem and slowing things up. Either that or big brother is doing the spying rounds and just got to you for a while.
Happens to me sometimes, it's like having two browsers working at once!
Slowwwwwwding! It's not always what you see on the screen that's taking up the bandwidth.
Personally I'm nearly immune to banners and such. There seems to be a built in filter that helps me ignore them but slowing things down is another matter.
what system do you run & what's your internet dl speed? (kbps/mps)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sounds like its your end,
Have you got Spybot or something? Sounds like you could have the adds on your computer, A spywear remover would be a good start,

Also clean out cookies and on/offline content,

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I dont get any pop ups here, i use internet explorer

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I agree. I use Firefox and ATS pages load smoothly. Maybe you could update to the newest version and any other updates you may lack as well.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have IE and dial up on an older XP machine and the ads never bother me.
I'm with those who recommend a cache cleaning.
Maybe download Ad-Aware and run it before you shut down every night.

Cuhail

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Reading the details of your opening post, you are certainly experiencing some problems with spyware and malware. Take a moment and review the thread below.

• Virus, Spyware.. Need Help? Here it is...

With that said, please keep in mind...

4b) Ad Blockers: As AboveTopSecret.com is provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options while using the website(s).

• Terms And Conditions Of Use

If you need any help with this, feel free to use this thread of contact me via u2u. The measures needed to clean up your system are very simple.

• posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:30 PM
    link   
    Thanks for the replies - I just "tried out" the site with addblockerplus for firefox and it worked fine so it was **definately** one of the ads... no other site does this. i think it has soemting to do with those refreshing iframes you have going.. i dunno

soooo i dunno what to do, browsing the site without the ads blocked is just too damn frustrating for me - I don't have a "fast" connection but it's not slow (around 20-30 kb per second download speed), also my computer while from 2004 is not particulary slow either - pentium M with 1gig of ram.

i just recently reinstalled xp and i am now running from a clean slate with nod32 antivirus security center which is awesome so i am unsure that any malware has gotten thru.

I guess i will just have to stay away for a awhile and only browse the headlines

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
    link   
    I should not admit this, and will deny it if asked again, but I do not even notice the ads... Ok once in a great while one may catch my interested eye and then I click on it to make a purchase.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:08 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
    I have IE and dial up on an older XP machine and the ads never bother me.
    I'm with those who recommend a cache cleaning.
    Maybe download Ad-Aware and run it before you shut down every night.

Cuhail

i just ran Ad-Aware, is it not funny that of the items it found the two at the top were adserver.abovetopsecret.com tracking cookies?

So what can I say? Abovetopsecret puts things on my computer that ad-aware flags as spyware.. ironic.

is it against site terms and conditions to remove these also?

new topics

top topics

join