It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn baby, Burn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't know how many here can remember the Democratic Convention in 1968 but that was a bad time. Well they want to do it again in Denver. The group is called R-68 or Recreate '68

Here is their web site. www.recreate68.org...

So anyway take a look.

Roper

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Right, and Limbaugh is "dreaming" of a riot in Denver. Such a coincidence...

This may sound like a stretch, but I've heard mention of it elsewhere: the possibility that the whole "recreate68" thing is a sort of false flag/agent provocateur operation, in keeping with the Repugs posing as Democrats for their Operation Chaos bit, or neo-cons who got shipped into Florida to provide a "spontaneous demonstration" (there's a popular old-school Stalin-era term for you) to stop the 2001 election re-count.

Might be a stretch, but it is occasionally possible for something to be both crazy and true...

[edit on 4/27/2008 by Nightflyer28]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
At least somebody is doing something besides just sitting on their plumped up arse surfing the internet and issuing opinions.

Radical times call for radical action.

We can sit and talk about our countries problems all day long but until we put some walk in our talk nothing is accomplished.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
dizziedame -

Right... and a riot at a DNC convention is going to accomplish... what? Didn't exactly help things much the first time around. Being vocal and being heard, yeah, that helps. Going ape for the rest of the country's viewing pleasure, not so much.

Bottom line - when Limbaugh wants it, that's a good sign it's a bad idea.

BTW, at 145 lbs (65 kilos for the rest of the civilized world), I definitely don't have a plumped up ass.... Hey, my wife likes it, at least...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Remember this guy? en.wikipedia.org...

One of his buddies is running it. I heard a guy from Denver talking about it.

Roper

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If the imaginable should happen and the Democrats throw a slider down and in rather than over the outside of the plate, would the Blacks lead a riot at the convention? If Hill(Billy) Clint One is chosen over Obama bin Laden and the R-68 goes apes**t, the only part of the Repuglicans' "wet dream" would be the riots.

Wake up people- the Repudlicans are sooooooooooooooooo geared up for a Barack Attack that a Clint One nomination would totally blindside them and all but grease the path to the White House for the Demos. Don't vote personality, vote policy, and right now the Dems have the lesser of 3 evils in their platforms.

The R-68 needs to look carefully, microscopically, at their agenda and see if they're actually gonna pander to the wrong party by rioting. It seems to me that right now R-68 is a bunch of Repuds in Sheeple clothing.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by qxlb52
It seems to me that right now R-68 is a bunch of Repuds in Sheeple clothing.

No, they are just the crazy left. Angry at the Demorats for not doing what they want.

Roper

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflyer28

Did you read the website completely? I didn't see anything that mentioned creating a riot.

What I saw was people reaching out to humanity with free clinics, political education studies, protesting out military involvement here and in other countries, discussing human rights and many more issues the majority of ATS members discuss and feel strongly about.

Was there anything in the site about "going ape? Please point it out to me.

Do I believe anything is going to change the political state we are in because of this particular gathering? Unfortunitly no.

Concerning your arse. Consider yourself in the minority of Americans who are not over weight and under active. I'm happy for you that your wife likes your arse. It makes for a better relationship when your mate is happy with your attributes.

I am an activist. When I see a problem I move to correct the problem.

The only way the people are ever going to have change is to put feet on their words and make it happen.

March on brothers and sisters.

[edit on 11-5-2008 by dizziedame]

[edit on 11-5-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I really think Hilary is going to throw in the towel before the convention. She has already said she will support the nominee, so the democratic party should be as unified as it can be by the time the convention rolls around. There shouldn't be any need for riots, but I'm sure someone will come up with a genius idea to start one.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As long as the Super Delegates are there then she won't quit. Those Supers are up for grabs until they vote.

Roper

top topics

join