It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why does burning hair smell so bad?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Last couple days I've been burning lawn stuff and got too close to it and burned some of the hair off my arm... I didn't even know this until I went to wash up and noticed the hair stunk...!
I know everyone knows burning hair is nasty and smells really bad! But why does it smell so darn bad? Anyone know what's in hair or have any general explanation as to why it's so nasty?





posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
EUS?

Even I know when someone's made a retarded thread...and you have done that dollboy! lololol

What the hell possessed you to make a thread like this one...about..SNIFF SNIFF...burning hair...

It's insane!

~Ducky~



posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
EUS?

Even I know when someone's made a retarded thread...and you have done that dollboy! lololol

What the hell possessed you to make a thread like this one...about..SNIFF SNIFF...burning hair...

It's insane!

~Ducky~


Cuz it's general chat and I wanted to know why hair smelled like burning death on a stick...


P.S. To answer your most previously posted thread... No it wouldn't matter, at least not to me... lol... course I don't know you... Oh and btw, just to be a [snip], your post is just as retarded as this one... so what you talkin bout?


[edit on 25-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]


Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.


[edit on 26-4-2008 by elevatedone]



posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
LOL...this is the randomest thing I've heard today!!!

Maybe it smells funky, because its alive...becuase your hair and skin is alive right? Maybe THATs why....



posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
LOL...this is the randomest thing I've heard today!!!

Maybe it smells funky, because its alive...becuase your hair and skin is alive right? Maybe THATs why....


Or maybe it's made from all the waste the body produces or something, because it smells like, well dead poo on a stick... blah...



posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
Or maybe it's made from all the waste the body produces or something, because it smells like, well dead poo on a stick... blah...


EWW!! That can't smell to gorgeous....ick ick ick....



posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam
Or maybe it's made from all the waste the body produces or something, because it smells like, well dead poo on a stick... blah...


EWW!! That can't smell to gorgeous....ick ick ick....


Nope it smells terrible... And it's strong! What's up with that.. Also you get it wet it stinks even more!



posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam
 


My fingernails tend to grow long and I had a candle lit once!
I waved my hand over the flame, my fingernail lit up, and I thought it was pretty!

Once I acknowledged my nail was actually on fire, I smelt this awful smell!
It smelt like burnt hair!

Are'nt they dead cells?

Maybe thats it!

I could disagree with it though!

...if you look at hair in a microscope, it still moves!





posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam
 


My fingernails tend to grow long and I had a candle lit once!
I waved my hand over the flame, my fingernail lit up, and I thought it was pretty!

Once I acknowledged my nail was actually on fire, I smelt this awful smell!
It smelt like burnt hair!

Are'nt they dead cells?

Maybe thats it!

I could disagree with it though!

...if you look at hair in a microscope, it still moves!




Don't look too close or your hair might bite you on the eye!



posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam
 


The proteins that make hair have sulphur in them. You can read more here:

www.texascollaborative.org...

A little over 5% of hair is sulphur. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's enough to get you that awful smell.



posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I learned something today.

I knew burning hair smelled bad.. I just figured is was a self preservation thing.
there are no nerves in dead hair. So when early man smelled that nasty aroma, he knew to pull his head out of the campfire..LOL

sulphur huh? makes sense.



posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam
 


The proteins that make hair have sulphur in them. You can read more here:

www.texascollaborative.org...

A little over 5% of hair is sulphur. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's enough to get you that awful smell.


You are the master! I swear you seem to have the answer to everything! What would we do without you! thank you man! That would explain why it stinks yay!

I also liked the comment about cave mens hair in the fire... Funny how everything is for a reason ya...



posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam
 


You're welcome. I'm a librarian so finding answers to questions is my vocation. Now if I could only find where I put my sneakers...



posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam
 


You're welcome. I'm a librarian so finding answers to questions is my vocation. Now if I could only find where I put my sneakers...


You probably left them at the mothership...



posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Its a conspiracy to stop us using it as a free renewable heat source.Cut your hair, cut your families hair, shave your dog and bust out the marshmallows.The NWO couldnt have us be warm for free so they lace our water and food with sulphur to create a stinky smell when hair is burnt.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join