It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling like chopped liver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ever have one of those days where things are just blah blah blah...pfft?

I went to the bank today to cash my daily work cheque and when the teller asked me 'how I was today' (they're paid to do that you know?) and I automatically blurted out the words: "Neutral'. Not 'fine' or 'ok', just neutral. We both had a small chuckle over that one, and the teller said: "Well there's a response I NEVER heard before?"

Yeah well ok...

I don't know if it's just the ever-changing rollercoaster ride of a weather that we've been experiencing lately, or people, or just life in general, all I know is that something is amiss.

I should be happy right?

The sun is shining today, I worked my arse off cleaning someone's home, I got paid, I bought groceries for the fam, my son is going to college in the fall, my daughter has a great job, my cat loves me, no bills yet....

What the hell is wrong?

Today...I just don't feel anything. Seriously. I'm not happy or sad...nothing.

Pretty blazz eh...

Here it is, Friday afternoon, my home is cleaned, people had an early supper. I call it 'supper NOT 'dinner'. Has anyone ever heard of the 'Lord's Last Dinner'?...No? Well neither have I.

I don't feel this way all too often, as a matter of fact, the last time I felt like this was a month of two ago.

I have to tell you all...I don't feel the need to be 'centre attention' of these threads, if that's what you're thinking. Perish the thought.

I have noticed in the last while, that not ONLY have people been ignoring me on my own homefront, but here in the threads too. Talk about 'freezing a person out'...pfft. Two prong attack.

Just call me Mrs. Cellophane

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yup. I have those days. Quite often. I wonder what is the point, why do I bother, etc.

I think it stems from a general lack of excitement. I'm not sure about you, but I tend to live a very routine life...same damn thing over and over on a daily basis. It sucks. And I am, at times, with a complete lack of any comprehension on how to change it.

TheDuckster
I have noticed in the last while, that not ONLY have people been ignoring me on my own homefront, but here in the threads too. Talk about 'freezing a person out'...pfft. Two prong attack.

Not here...I have my days as well...where there is no replys and not much new. It doesn't mean that we are on the outs....it always starts up again...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I think it stems from a general lack of excitement. I'm not sure about you, but I tend to live a very routine life...same damn thing over and over on a daily basis. It sucks

You pounded the nail into the wood right there.

Lack of Stimuli or proper outlet thereof.

Hey MS? When I was younger...about 1 1/2 -2 years old, my ma told me she took me to a psycologist. The instuctors bade me play with 'normal' toys...to which I got bored with. Ma told the instructors that I had screamed so hard.. that I LITERALLY cracked a crystal goblet that was sitting on her coffee table?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Not here...I have my days as well...where there is no replys and not much new. It doesn't mean that we are on the outs....it always starts up again

MemoryShock is right Ducky it happens to a lot of us. Talk about a bad month. Besides all the crap going on I posted in RATS....I've been spending hours waiting in doctor's offices. Today, I waited nearly 2 hours at the pharmacy!
The price of gas just keep going up, along with groceries! The politicians in this town take more and more of our money and don't do a Damn thing! Oh yeah, I'm getting a Prison built in my backyard!
We were here first but they don't give a Rats Ass! BLM took away the wild horses and our elite 'NOT' town board & Commissioners decided 'NOT' to protect the desert tortoise's. They said,
" It was too costly." They just want to pocket the money. I've got more respect for the Brothels than those jerks!

Sorry, this probably didn't make you feel any better, but at least your're not alone.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

MemoryShock is right Ducky it happens to a lot of us. Talk about a bad month. Besides all the crap going on I posted in RATS....

RATS? You serious?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
I should be happy right?

Yes you should!! And I just sent you a blast of whaaa majic that should fix things by about 2
o AM your time. I wish I could make it faster but I'm experiencing some technical/psychical glitches.

Believe!!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
my ma told me she took me to a psycologist. The instuctors bade me play with 'normal' toys...to which I got bored with. Ma told the instructors that I had screamed so hard.. that I LITERALLY cracked a crystal goblet that was sitting on her coffee table?

That is awesome! So there you go....you have a natural propensity to boredom with the normal world....no wonder you found your way to ATS!!!

Welcome Home...now if only we can stuff the real world into a website and make ATS the real world....

MountainStar....sorry to hear about the desert tortoises...:shk:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That is awesome! So there you go....you have a natural propensity to boredom with the normal world....no wonder you found your way to ATS!!!

Welcome Home

This is my home?

Wadda you think?

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It's 2 minutes before 7pm, Ducky's time.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
See?

Once I'm stimulated, there's NO PROBLEMS!!!!

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hey girlfriend! WTH? You can always call me, and bake some of your luscious cookies! I see you on the boards and there is usually such a line to get to respond I just run around flitting from here to there instead.
You are like an anchor here for me, a comfort zone, and I notice when you are gone too long, really, what you have is called meloncoly, it happens, but never ever think that you are being dist on the forum, you are a champion. Love, Hugs and kisses! J.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You are like an anchor here for me, a comfort zone, and I notice when you are gone too long, really, what you have is called meloncoly

ME?...an anchor?

Never really thought of myself as that...

Thanks honey bear.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wish you were here or me there tonight, Id love to open a good bottle of wine (or a crummy bottle of tequilla) and just laugh at ourselves and the world. I too have so much to be greatful for yet feel very stressed out.
Too much work and no play I guess. I think Ill have a Pimms Cup...

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hay Hon,

Don't you just hate those days? And I too will feel on those dreaded days that the whole world is ignoring me.
I doubt any one is ignoring you here.

A great big bear hug from me, and I can sit for a while too.
Lets just BS a little.

Hugs
WIS

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WalkInSilence

I'm NOT ignoring you.

You told me that you're NOT ignoring me....

'Chopped liver' is looking better and better.

That's what I'm cooking!

For those who feel like they don't feel a part of something...but REALLY ARE!

Let's keep cooking.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've noticed that others have been 'adhering' to others threads.

Mainly mods.

And they haven't much replied in this thread.
~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ducky,

I love you. Here i thought you were ditching me. Sorry i havent called, but i had my cell phone shut off, and my line at home has no long distance!
Talk about trying to save a penney here and there!

I feel like the troll who survived another day
:shk:

I had my anklebiting grandson over today, God love his little heart, and he kicked me and punched me, it all heated up to me having to call my husband at work, create a scene, finally, he threw a blunt object at me,hit my right eye, then i sat and cried.

He is one of the two whose custody my son just got not long ago, and i understand his trauma, coming from a very abusive mother...anyhow, when i sat and cried, and after 7 hours of terrorizing me, he came over and put his little arms around me and said "I'm sorry grandma. I love you"...my heart just gave out and i felt bad i had yelled at him.

I know i type just to let out steam and people dont care for what i have to say but its a release, and darn it, if it makes you feel better, do it. I support you and so dont many others here. We are family We have our good days, we have days we duke it out,
as i type this i'm hiding from Worldwatcher whom i may have insulted.:bnghd:

Well, she's a good girl, so i know she ultimatly understands (i hope)

Anyway,love you always and i will be in touch, promise. (unless you'd rather i didnt call)

*snorts*

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It's not about YOU calling me dear heart...

It's about knowing whether I belong on this site.

In the last few weeks to bout a month (mabey more) I've been feeling like chopped liver (beubonic plaque) with a lot of peoples.

Like what I posted, didn't mean squat diddly to anybody. felt like crap

It's not the 'be all or end all' with me.

I'm going to take a bit of time away from ATS for awhile. Wee sabatical.

I'll see talk at yas later...Around the beginning of June.

Bye

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My Gosh, you dont think i fancy myself so important that i would think this thread was directed at ME ?

See you around.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I logged in just this once, cause I had to tell ya DG:

I love ya babes...I'm taking a small time away. DG? you have my email addy.

I'll talk with ya soon hon.

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join