It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Sin! Genetic origins or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I am a theist but not a christian.

Why is Original Sin so inherently contagious through genetic lineage?(no pun intended). Could it have a genetic component and if so could Original Sin be eradicated by mans methods as opposed to GODs? Would this subvert GODs "plan"?

Personal Disclosure: I feel that original Sin was Cooked up to automatically enslave us at birth by the religious powers that be, otherwise our societies would be legally allowed to lockup whole families via guilt by association to compensate for its loss of mass population mind control. My feelings are thus conspiratorial in perception but I believe my questions are not conspiracy orientated.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Or original in could actually be true......

God specifically said that this sin would not cause us to be forced to be evil, but would deprive us of graces.... graces are love..

another thing God said that original sin is the reason women have pains at brith.... it was not like that in the beggining.. also the reason we have to (eat) by the sweat of our brows which means do labor for food..

you see we were in paradise before the sin... and we were cast out afterwards and thus why Jesus came into this world to restore our souls to the former glory of santifying grace..

You look at certain souls, they have no love, no grace, they don't want to work, lazy, hateful, vicious, arrogant... just evil.. These type of people are verywhere...

I seen them in school growing up, on the street, my own homies ect..

they have no (graces) no love, little love if any...

God restores a soul back to or transforms it into his soul which is love itself..

Is this so hard to believe?

peace.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here is what I wrote in another thread:

Inheriting the sins of our fathers is a reality. We can inherit physical attributes and defects, such as heart disease, blue eyes, etc. Without intervention, we can take an example of a really sick family, and watch the same behaviors being passed down from one generation to another. Like attracts like, and will produce a being that reflects it.

In our DNA it can be said that we inherited the Adamic sin. Shame is not a new emotion. We inherited toxic shame through ancestry that went all the way back to the original couple, and has been imprinted on our DNA. It is not a stretch. In this sense we can say we inherited the sins of our fathers.

Addiction can be passed down in our DNA. Recently in scientific labs - scientists have finally found an 'addiction gene!'

Using the example above, it is not hard to see how we are the progeny of our ancestors. We then transfer our inherited - inborn sin, or defects down, creating weaker generations, resulting in; a more diluted (gray) society.

&

We had to inherit sin and then have passed it down. Inheriting alcoholism or another addiction is a perfect example. That is a defect my friends!

What we do with our inherited sin is an entirely different matter!

Is God looking for perfection? Well, if he is, he is out of luck!

I think many of us are taking the whole "sin" thing too personally. It is a fact of life and one that a superior being would understand. Our religious leaders or dogmatic family members, and self-righteous friends, judge far more critically than Jah does, or none of us would be here!

Of course, I am also looking at it from a mental health level. Take what you want and leave the rest.

I also agree that religion has "run" with this knowledge for centuries.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I have to disagree with the explanation that original sin can be cooked up by religions.
Or, at least the idea that it can be dealt with, from a human level.
Common sense tells us that humans will always, eventually sin.
The established churches will come up with how they can deal with it, in a financially beneficial way.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Original sin only occurred after Eve was "corrupted" by Satan in Eden. The proverbial "eating of the apple" has been used as a surrogate for what I believe actually transpired.

If we look at the results of their being together, and the curse that followed, we can almost visualize what happened. Let me ask you all, why would eating an apple cause a woman to have labor pains? It wouldn't...

What do I think actually happened? I think that when Satan "beguiled" Eve, he mated with her, creating Cain. As we all know, Cain was the twin that killed his brother, Abel.

The next question we must ask ourselves is how could Satan have beguiled Eve, if he was a "serpent"? Well, in Genesis, and throughout history, the word "serpent" has been used to symbolize an evil individual, as well as a snake. Besides, only after beguiling Eve did God tell Satan that he would forever crawl on the earth on his belly, hence furthering the serpent ideology.

As one can see from this, the Genesis story can be viewed in many different ways. Also, the implications of this very act on the concept of Original Sin are tantamount to the Holy Grail in the story of Jesus. It makes the story hit closer to our own lives, as it's supposed to.

TheBorg

[Edited for clarity.]

[edit on 18-5-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

If you look the Babylonian version of Genesis, you find out the story is turned back wards.
The Babylonians have the serpent as the creator.
So, in a way, the Biblical version has the Humans believing the promise of life, as given by the serpent.
The exact details of the story goes over our heads, but would have had a lot of significance to the people who would have heard the Hebrew version.
Abraham came out of that false religion, in order to spread the true religion, of a God who is like us, because He created us in His image.
We need to avoid those other spiritual entities that take a serpent form, and especially not believe them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

top topics

join