It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Real Matrix' : The Pentagon Invades Your Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The 'Real Matrix' : The Pentagon Invades Your Life

www.commondreams.org

In the 1999 sci-fi movie classic of the same name, the Matrix is an artificial reality (resembling the Western world at the dawn of the twenty-first century) created by sentient machines. Humans, who are grown as energy sources and wired in to the Matrix using cybernetic implants, are kept in a coma-like state — ignorant of the very existence of the artificial reality that they “live” in. In explaining the situation to Neo, the movie’s protagonist, Morpheus, a leader of a group of unplugged free humans who wage a guerrilla struggle against the machines, reveals:

“The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.”

------

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

[edit on 28/4/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We truly are living in a real life, Matrix-like system...The Gov, M.I.C.,Corps, and their propaganda / brainwashing machine, the Main stream Media outlets, have all but taken over the entire planet and hold us all hostages. Freedom is merely an illusion they "allow" us to think we have, when in reality we are at their mercy. They infiltrate every aspect of our lives, and they are suppressing us all as a species with their endless power, control, and greed agendas...There are so many people walking around, catatonic, apathetic, and subservient to these "rulers" whims, that it cannot be denied that life imitates art...

Back in Eisenhower’s day, arms dealers and mega-corporations, such as Lockheed and General Motors, held sway over the corporate side of the military-industrial complex. Companies like these still play an extremely powerful role today, but they are dwarfed by the sheer number of contractors that stretch from coast to coast and across the globe. Looking at the situation in 1970, almost 10 years after Eisenhower’s farewell speech, Sidney Lens, a journalist and expert on U.S. militarism, noted that there were 22,000 prime contractors doing business with the U.S. Department of Defense. Today, the number of prime contractors tops 47,000 with subcontractors reaching well over the 100,000 mark, making for one massive conglomerate touching nearly every sector of society, from top computer manufacturer Dell (the 50th-largest DoD contractor in 2006) to oil giant ExxonMobil (the 30th) to package-shipping titan FedEx (the 26th).

In fact, the Pentagon payroll is a veritable who’s who of the top companies in the world: IBM; Time-Warner; Ford and General Motors; Microsoft; NBC and its parent company, General Electric; Hilton and Marriott; Columbia TriStar Films and its parent company, Sony; Pfizer; Sara Lee; Procter & Gamble; M&M Mars and Hershey; Nestlé; ESPN and its parent company, Walt Disney; Bank of America; and Johnson & Johnson among many other big-name firms. But the difference between now and then isn’t only in scale. As this list suggests, Pentagon spending is reaching into previously neglected areas of American life: entertainment, popular consumer brands, sports. This penetration translates into a remarkable variety of forms of interaction with the public.

At one point in his farewell speech, Eisenhower presaged this point, suggesting, “The total influence — economic, political, even spiritual — [of the conjunction of the military establishment and the large arms industry] is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government.” But only Hollywood has yet managed to capture the essence of today’s omnipresent, all-encompassing, cleverly hidden system of systems that invades all our lives; this new military-industrial-technological-entertainment-academic-scientific- media-intelligence-homeland security-surveillance-national security-corporate complex that has truly taken hold of America.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

[edit on 28/4/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Seems I'm a little late on this one
My brother just sent me the same article and it is certainly an eye opening read. I agree that this is the true 'Matrix.'

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow, jaw hanging...
One of your best, DD- Star + Flag!

It's way beyond a rabbit hole, more like an underground cave, with miles
& miles of tunnels containing millions of rabbit holes!

You're right- we're truly at their mercy, every time we turn around...
And the really sad thing, is that most of our trusted leaders all own stock
in most of these companies, complying as they legislate, to boost profits!

Almost fluttered a thought about who really owns this site? Naawww, it
must be people like us, seeking truth about everything, huh?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well the "real matrix" has gained a partner with google and is trying to limit the internet.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

haha, you make it sound like a corperation... well I guess thats what it is really. Actualy come to think of it, I wonder how much power google has over the internet. When you think about it they must hold a lot since 95% of people use google to some extent.

-fm

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Honestly, it all IS like a giant, money making corporation. The entire internet has been totally infiltrated with these entities, who wish to seize the same type of control and data strangleholds they have over all of the major mainstream TV and radio outlets. Yahoo was recently being courted by News Corp, Murdoch's group, which has HIGHLY vested interests and is a major brainwashing and propaganda-spewing entity.

The creepiest thing about this thread is I truly DO SEE likenesses to the matrix all around me...Millions of americans literally walk around half awake, oblivious to everything going on around them, even though their entire world is being bled dry by these wealth and power vampires draining them dry. It's like a sheet has been pulled over their eyelids that makes them just keep marching in place and doing as their told and being subservient to it all---No questioning, no outrage....

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't discount any of this; I've been saying it for years. I'd just like to play "Devil's Advocate" here for a moment:

One other thing "The Matrix" teaches us, and it's an important lesson most people lose in the FX and fight choreography, is that freedom--TRUE Freedom--comes at a huge price.

The unplugged, the "free", live crappy lives. They eat something akin to bleached pond scum. They live in constant danger of discovery and execution. They wear homespun clothing most thrift stores would toss out. They have no media to speak of, little entertainment, and very little "modern" infrastructure. Their every moment is consumed with the basic needs of survival, except those times they're involved in operations against their enemy.

"The Matrix" teaches us, and maybe it's an exaggeration, that to truly have freedom civilization itself cannot exist except at a subsistence level. Civilization, the very existence of society and one's inclusion in it, can be considered a form of slavery. Indeed there are some on these boards who have asserted such to me in their anti-tax rantings.

Now I'm not about to dispute the report, nor am I going to say its findings are "good" for average Americans.

But I will say this:

Knowing how big the contracting pie really is, and how much of your daily life revolves around products and services provided by the Machine, one is forced to decide just what one really wants.

Do you want true freedom? The only way to achieve this on a material level is to remove yourself from society and live as a survivalist. There are still places on this Earth where one could do so, if one was willing and able.

Do you want the Machine? Are you so used to being "plugged in" that you cannot function any longer without it?

Or do you want Balance? A reduction in arms and the military machine, an emphasis turned back from "Force Projection" to true Self-Defense, and the return of individual freedoms (whether real or imagined) that are currently in jeopardy?

Personally, I want the Balance. I happen to like civilization. I think it is a good thing for mankind, and the true measure of our evolution. But, I don't like where it is going currently. I believe there are things to be done that can change that.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ah so which pill will the American public choose.

The red pill or the blue pill?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Beautifully stated, as usual nighthawk.

I am of Native American decent, and over the past few years, seeing this disgusting display all around me, my roots have been calling to me...To just walk away from this...And be one with nature, away from this "zoo" of control and manipulation.

If the proverbial sh** does hit the fan, and I see nothing that tells me it won't---I will be headed out into the wilderness with a huge backpack filled with a tent and hunting supplies.

To break from this system entirely and be able to survive self-sufficiently is my dream...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Me too, my fellow Shaman Roadman, me too!

Northwest, or Alaska, or Canada???

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Well, its funny---G-ma was born on Cherokee Nation, Okla, but my other ancestry (dad's side) is french canadian---So a bit of TWO I suppose! lol

new topics

top topics

join