It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Load Up the Pantry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Load Up the Pantry

finance.yahoo.com

I don't want to alarm anybody, but maybe it's time for Americans to start stockpiling food.

No, this is not a drill.

You've seen the TV footage of food riots in parts of the developing world. Yes, they're a long way away from the U.S. But most foodstuffs operate in a global market. When the cost of wheat soars in Asia, it will do the same here.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I hate this. I really do. There seems to be no way to stop Speculation on the Markets (Unless we get rid of capitalism
). So I would say this is very sound advice. I just got a Sam's Club membership yesterday for their cheaper gas and to buy nonperishables in bulk. Here's a question for people who normally go there. Is it always like a madhouse in there with people buying what looked like half a ton of food per customer?

Again it is better to be safe than sorry. Now I just have to calculate how much stuff I can get with the Stimulus check and where to put it.

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No, the only time I have seen SAMs Club like a madhouse is during the holiday season.

I have had zero issues with getting the bulk items I need.

Once a food panic hits our shores, all bets are off!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Well it seemed pretty crazy to me. Which probably means the panic is already here. Its most likely in the intial phases, Most Americans are going to wait till the last minute. That will probably be some time next month. So personally I would get out there and get what I need before the second week of May.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Is it always like a madhouse in there with people buying what looked like half a ton of food per customer?

I know the Costco up here (Alaska) is always like that. From opening to closing everyday.

top topics

join