It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Blue Acquitted Of 50 Shot Kill Of Unarmed Suspect - SOUND OFF

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AlCaponed

This is not about black vs. white. It's about the thin blue line vs. red-blooded Americans.

That's probably why the case was lost.

So your'e saying then that the police can get away with murder as long as it isn't racially motivated?

Profiling isn't really about race any more these days anyway. If you're a white kid riding with tints up and the beats in the trunk, rockin' the 59-50 tilted to the back over some corn-rows, you're a cop magnet.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

What's wrong with profiling any way? It's logical.

If I'm walking down the street and see a man with a red bandana on, gang tattoos, and a shirt that says "fk da po-lice", then later down that same street happen upon a 90 year old woman pushing a walker, am I supposed to be as afraid of the grannie as I am that man?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlCaponed

Well, I can't say I really disagree with you there. But profiling is bad according to what has become socially acceptable.

In my own experience, it was not so much initial appearance that would make me suspicious, but that in combination with other factors, such as agressive driving, hostile speech and body-language.

But I also found that a lot of that too was "for show" or even "defensive." A street kid sees a shield, and they automatically assume they are going to be put through some #. My own method was to try to calm their fears, and let them think they were on a more level playing field. That way I could accomplish my goals. "Catch more flys with honey than vinegar" so to speak. And of course, respect is a two-way street.

If more cops today realized this, there would be a lot less problems. Police aren't trained to diffuse a situtation anymore. They are trained in tactical responses.

Like Jay-Z said, "...beat cops know #."

[edit on 6/14/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hypnotized by the trigger pull.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've seen this thread get bumped on my list a few times, and I'm really shocked that no one bites when it does. This man was murdered, and we only have four pages here. Meanwhile the alien video that no one has ever seen gets all the attention. :shk:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As I have been saying. This is common.

This is normal.

This is mundane.

This happens everyday.

Everyday this sort of thing happens.

It is a total police state. Why the alarm? Why the heakled hair?

This is what America is now. It is not what is coming.. It is what it is.

And this is commonplace.

Do you think a letter will change it?

What kind of action can make this thing a thing that would be out of the ordinary once more?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You know, I see this thread get auto-bumped once in a while, and it really surprises me that it never got more attention than it has. I guess most people realize that the police really did MURDER this man, and got away with it.

(I can't believe the cop who knocked the guy off the bike was put back on duty too.)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join