It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Blue Acquitted Of 50 Shot Kill Of Unarmed Suspect - SOUND OFF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

My life was destroyed in england by the police and i have never done anything wrong. You people who say, if you do nothing wrong, whats the problem, will see in the future, thats the world is being built for types like you. My life has shown that.

I know nothing of the victim, but police all over the world are killing innocent people, and you can talk your pro police b*ll to others, as we here know what the police are like.

[edit on 4/26/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

You guys are all a bunch of #ing idiots. What would YOU do if someone tried to run you over? Yup, I would venture to guess that you all would do the same thing those officers did.

And what would you do, if a bunch of people came running at your car with guns out? A bunch of people not in uniform who you just saw partying in the strip club you just left because there was beef.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You people who say, if you do nothing wrong, whats the problem, will see in the future, thats the world is being built for types like you.

Here here!

And along those lines I submit this piece...

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the sick, the so-called incurables,
I did not speak out;
because I was not mentally ill.

When they came for the Catholics,
I did not speak out;
because I was a Protestant.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

- attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If someone points a gun at you and tells you to stop, you stop. They have the gun. That is the way it has always been, and always will be. If the opportunity presents itself, you make your get away. If the person holding the gun turns out to be the police, you cooperate as reasonably as possible.

If someone points a gun at you and tells you to stop, you stop, you don't get into your car and drive off. If you don't stop, and you get shot by a hail of bullets, it is your own stupidity. If it turns out to be the police who shot you under said circumstances, then they will not be convicted of murder. At the most, they will received some level of departmental punishment.

If you walk out in front of a car going 75, and the car hits your, you die. If the driver fails to hit his breaks or fails to attempt to avoid you, the driver might receive some level of punishment, but if the driver is sober and his license is in order, and there are no violations on the part of the driver, the driver will not be convicted of murder. This is essentially the same situation.

It is sad that this guy died, but most people are not going to punish the police under said circumstances.

Yes, they fired too many shots, but when using force, the common method is to use overwhelming force. This is the way most people do things.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If someone points a gun at you and tells you to stop, you stop.

Bull#! If someone pulls a gun on me, I am going to kill them before they kill me.

If the opportunity presents itself, you make your get away.

Which is what they were trying to do.

If it turns out to be the police who shot you under said circumstances, then they will not be convicted of murder.

Well that seems quite obvious at this point. :shk:

If you walk out in front of a car going 75, and the car hits your, you die. If the driver fails to hit his breaks or fails to attempt to avoid you, the driver might receive some level of punishment, but if the driver is sober and his license is in order, and there are no violations on the part of the driver, the driver will not be convicted of murder. This is essentially the same situation.

Not the same situation at all. The person driving on the highway had no previous knowledge of the pedestrian, nor reason to assume that a pedestrian would be on the highway.

Furthermore, NY is a pedestrian-right-of-way state. So if you hit a person, even going through a green light, you are at fault and legally accountable for the results.

Yes, they fired too many shots, but when using force, the common method is to use overwhelming force.

Actually, overwhelming force is the military method. The police should be held accountable when they use excessive force, or we might as well just put troops on the streets.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

When they came for the 5 time convicted felon, coc aine selling, illegal gun possessing, drunk driver hanging out at a strip club,
I did not speak out;
because I was not a 5 time convicted felon, coc aine selling, illegal gun possessing, drunk driver hanging out at a strip club.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

He did not have a gun.

Did he have felony or just misdemeanor convictions?

Maybe he wouldn't have been driving if some thugs who turned out to be cops hadn't started a beef that he was trying to get away from.

What's wrong with strip clubs?

EDIT to add: And maybe he never would have sold drugs if there were real jobs that paid a living wage, and the CIA didn't bring the junk into the country to start with.

[edit on 4/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

MajKarma....

With respect, but for the record, I started this thread as a ATS MIX topic when I saw it on my newspage @ excite. When we do things on the show, we DO NOT look and see if there is a similar topic on ATS as WE ARE RADIO!

We DO NOT and DID NOT remove, replace or move anything. PERIOD! Just wanted to set the record straight for you and whomever.

Thanks....

Dave

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
50 shots is probably overkill, 31 of them from one man.

With that many bullets flying through the air, you would think that these cops were under fire themselves.

I tell you what, if plainclothes cops pulled guns on me as I was getting in my car, I would be going in the opposite direction.

If bullets started flying, you better believe if I had a gun bullets would be flying back.

These cops should be in jail.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Good luck with that Jack, but unarmed men tend to do very poorly when when going against armed men. Especially when those men are seasoned and have been trained how to use a gun.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I've survived several confrontations with armed assailants, while I was not carrying a firearm. In fact, in one situation, I would have been dead if I had pulled the firearm I was carrying.

EDIT to add: And in this case, Sean Bell did not know these were cops running at him with guns. He probably figured he would be executed either way. Why not go out fighting for your life?

[edit on 4/26/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I would love to see the transcript on this...... that said, the cops were not in uniform and undercover. The article is vague on if they approached them with badges or simply approached them. I cannot speak on behalf of the black community, but simply from things I have read or heard, I can understand their possibly wanting to get the hell out of dodge when 3 men approached their car. With the world we live in today, people being shot and killed for change, carjackings, senior citizens killed for kicks.... it would make anyone feel a bit overwhelmed.

As I have said many times..... all we have to offer here is speculation. The only people who really know the truth are the ones who were involved.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

One of the officers claimed to have whipped out a shield just before they began firing. No witnesses could corroborate that.

Not to mention that, in NY anyway, it is not uncommon for people to impersonate cops. Particularly in high crime and drug areas. I don't think a shield would have convinced me, especially at that point. If they could even really see that it was a police-shield and not just a piece of tin or another weapon.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Did he have felony or misdemeanor convictions?

Let's see, drug and weapons possession(2x), selling coke(2x), pot possession. Yep, the pot possession is a felony depending on the amount, but the others are felony convictions for sure.

He got picked up by police in 2003 and 2004 on drugs and weapons possession. In April 2006, he got busted selling coke. He did five days of community service in August, but a police informant allegedly bought coke from him again that same month. In early November, he was picked up again, this time for pot possession

nymag.com...

The whole spin on him being a groom is just sensationalism. He was a drunk at a strip club in the seedy part of town. Also, for the record, he was shot 4 times, not 50.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Let's see, drug and weapons possession(2x), selling coke(2x), pot possession. Yep, the pot possession is a felony depending on the amount, but the others are felony convictions for sure.

A felony arrest is not a felony conviction. Or do you not believe in due process either?

And having a blunt in your ash tray is not a felony.

Your source also states...

In each case, he’d been released on his own recognizance.

They don't release hardened criminals without bail.

EDIT to add: And you talk about sensationalism. I think you are sensationalising his arrest record more than anyone is trying to "take advantage" of the fact that this man was about to get married.

[edit on 4/26/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

WOW!!!... so getting drunk at a Strip Club for your bachelor party is cause to be gunned down in public?.... My friend are you slow or stupid? :::Just asking::: I'm gonna go out on a limb here and use my superior profiling skills and guess that you are 1: caucasian & 2: from below the mason dixon or from the midwest. I don't know why I feel this way but I think maybe If the officers were black and this happened to your brother or best friend in your town your view would change. as for the felony charges that doesn't fly because unless you are wearing an orange jumper that says felon on it with matching chrome bracelets The police are not going to know you are a criminal. Unless they think like you and in that case then all brown people are suspect. The cold hard fact & truth is an unarmed man was shot multiple times & killed unlawfully. everything else is speculatory. This is going to sound bad and I am in no way racist but I really wished the guy that was killed was white, (Let me Finish) then maybe mr "middle america i only know what happens in my town and what i see on tv and my friends are just like me" would be outraged as they should be instead of having a "well he deserved it" or "you know how those blacks are" attitude. I think the truth of the matter is if this doesn't wake you up as to what is going on currently in our country and if it doesnt foreshadow things to come for you then I just hope you wake up and see whats going on before its too late.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

...would be outraged as they should be instead of having a "well he deserved it" ...

Don't bet on it. I started as thread on how I was beat up by police and zapped ten times on my own front porch, and all I got from most people was the attitude that I must have done something to deserve it. And I happen to be white. This is no longer a balck and white issue. It is a blue cops vs. red-blooded American issue now. Racism is the smokescreen to keep the people divided, because if white and black victims of this system ever aligned, there would be Holy Hell to pay.

Also, just to be clear, two of the three cops acquitted were black.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Starred

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by csulli456
reply to post by dbates

You`re an [snip]
Thats all I have to say.

Starred

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod edit - removed profanity

[edit on 28-4-2008 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join