It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BVM.what are Her duties and position in heaven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not a christian.

What is the Blessed Virgin Mary's position and duties in heaven and can you provide scriptural basis for this in the bible?

Personal Disclosure: I have no idea on this matter so please enlighten me to your ideas

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Not sure what you mean by "duties," but the title Blessed Virgin Mary is mostly used in the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Anglican churches. I suppose her principle "position" is Mother of God. There's no place in the Bible that she's given this title; it just came about after hundreds of years of theological reflection in those churches. What exactly do you mean by "duties?"

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

Thanks for your reply Toromos, I agree with you on the BVM's apparent position as "The Mother of GOD" and as to her duties I suppose I mean the relevant ones as described by Dictionary.com for the word "duties" (see details here).

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

those who go to heaven become priests or kings

rev 5:[10] And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

mary is NOT a mediator

1 tim 2:[5] For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

besides that, there isnt much scripturally that says what she is doing

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
When I was younger, and believed solely in Christianity, I was taught that Mary was the Mother of Jesus Christ, and nothing else. She was simply a vessle to carry the Son of God...and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Thanks for your reply miriam0566, your scriptural response was very useful to me as I didn't know what job the BVM might have in heaven (or on earth) but it appears she might be a king and a priest which is much better than being discarded by the wayside. Shame the bible doesn't elaborate much on her duties in heaven as I am very interested in what might happen to her.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Thanks for your input CA_Orot, you say and I quote "She was simply a vessle to carry the Son of God...and nothing more". Do you have any scriptural basis referring to the BVM as "nothing more than a vessel" as it appears she may be a king and a priest which appears to be more than just a "vessel"! Anyway if she was just a "vessel to carry the son of God" she is a very important "vessel" and you don't just discard such items of worth willy nilly, you store them and then put them to work as required. It is this work of the BVM in heaven that I am interested in. Could the BVM be a "vessel" for something special in heaven?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
OmegaLogos,

No, I am sorry I don't have any scriptural reference about Mary being "a vessle and nothing more", that is just the way that I was brought up. Those were the beliefs I was brought up with. Something along the lines of "The trinity is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit", not "Father Son, and Blessed Virgin Mary".

As for what the Duties of Mary are in Heaven, I don't know. I haven't come accross anything scripturally to suggest what her "Position" in Heaven is, (I am also pretty rusty with scripture though, I haven't read in a LONG time).

I am not knowledgable with Christianity (I haven't maintained a belief since I was about 16).. I was just offering up another idea, that perhaps she doesn't have any duties in Heaven...and is Just The Mother of Christ.

Perhaps in Heaven, she is honored in Heaven as being Jesus' Blessed Mother, maybe she sits at the Left hand of the Father...As Jesus sits at the Right hand side? Perhaps she really is more important and has more importance than I was taught to believe....I honestly don't know.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Thanks for your reply CA_Orot, It takes a lot of balls to admit you don't know, and so I Thank you very much for being so frank with me as I don't know either!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Here is a site that you might find interesting. Unfortunately it doesn't directly quote the Scripture that it references (which would have been useful for anyone that doesn't have Scripture memorized, like myself). It's still pretty helpful and offers an interesting look at some Catholic beliefs (from a laypersons perspective).

www.scripturecatholic.com...

Eric

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Disclaimer: Hey Everybody, I Think we hit a motherload of a HUGE GOLD NUGGET Of a On Topic Post by EricD.

Thanks very very much EricD, as the link you posted was just awsome it depth and scope. I agree that its a shame about lack of scriptural references but lucky I know the bible a little bit and also know how to track scripture down with a modicum of accuracy so this site should provide me with many if not all of the answers I seek and .....

Personal disclosure:..... I hope to report back here soon with a summary of what I have found ASAP.

Edited to correct spelling mistake.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

top topics

join