It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question of Survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'd like to get some thoughts on the question of soul, or personality, survival beyond bodily death. It's a subject that I have had an interest in from a very young age, when I was a card carrying Christian.

As I moved away from religious faith, however, I was left only with a question. I then began to devour any information I could on the subject of . . . Why are we here? . . . Is there a life after death? . . . Is there a God? . . . Is there a purpose?

In the end, I think there is simply so much misinformation and disinformation that it is hard to draw good conclusions. On the other hand, I think there is a lot of GOOD information that but that often this information contradicts data coming from other disciplines (i.e. information gathered from studying NDEs may conflict with information gathered from past-life regression studies).

To get a full picture, we have to look at so many things:

*NDEs
*Mediumship
*Past-Life RegressionTherapy
*Astral Projection
*EVP
*ADCs
*Automatic Writing
*Information gathered from othe sources, such as ouija boards, etc.

And the list goes on. No stone can be left unturned. But how do we separate the chaff from the wheat? How do we arrive at meaningful, testable conclusions? What is to be trusted and what is not? And why are are there so many contradictions within the data gathered thus far?

I would be interested to hear all thoughts on this subject.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Over the years I've come to a conclusion....... there is no way to know for certain. You can collect all of the evidence that makes it seem more or less probable that you want, but until we actually die no one can actually say 100% for sure, one way or the other. Anyone who thinks differently (whether the religious extreme or the opposite atheist extreme) is misguided.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Every person wont have to die physically to find out certain things concerning the truth to life, especially the few to recieve a higher source of informative info by within by a higher authority.

Not all will have to die physically to experience the new because this material world, planets, and skies and cosmic order will all pass away as the new materials and new cosmic order proceeds. Truth will proceed with it along with all prior truth previously unrevealed under the old order.

It's like why die when instead what's all surrounding our inner uttermost self/soul can flee away from each of our presences for making way for new better surroundings per self/soul?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think that we may not be able to know for sure, but the truth is that ultimately we can't ever know anything for sure. Just like, ARE WE LIVING IN THE MATRIX?

Hmm. . . Could be. . . I can't DISPROVE that, but there's very little proof for it as well. But I can't KNOW 100% either way.

So maybe we can't have total proof. But that's what science is about: Testing hypotheses, analyzing data, drawing meaningful conclusions. . . So my question is what meaningful conclusions can we draw from the data presented to us? Furthermore, how can we gain access to more reliable and more thorough data than we currently have?

A good book on the subject is Ghost Hunters (no relation at all to the show), which tells the story of some of the most brilliant minds of the 19th century pursuing this problem and searching for answers. And this is what we need now, the most brilliant people alive pouring resources into the study of the survival question.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Three responses? That's it? Seriously?

I thought that if anyone would get excited and talkative regarding this topic, it would be ATSers. Is there no one else who has found their mind often consumed by this topic?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow_priest_x

Hey there shadow_priest_x,

The subject of your thread is something that I have been on a lifelong quest to discover and it's been a helluva journey I can tell you.

Every answer I uncover usually turns up several new questions and I wouldn't have it any other way. I always say it's like reading a great book that really gets you hooked ... to the point where you feel distraught when you reach the last chapter because you've nearly finished.

The benefit of the quest people like us pursue is the fact that this is a book without ending ... we can keep on turning the pages for as long as we choose.

You might find my website of interest (or at least parts of it);

www.pastlivesparanormalandpagans.com...

Woody

top topics

join