It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush the best president ever

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Lets look at a overveiw of bushes presidences

In time order:

2000: ECNOMY BEGANS TO FALL.

Faith based incititives

9/11

Succesful war with afghanistan

ecnomy reving tax cuts

succesful War with iraq

Economy recovers

ANTI GAY MARIAGE BAN

The only bad things seem to be a defeict and and bad intel.

Sorry about spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
Lets look at a overveiw of bushes presidences

In time order:

2000: ECNOMY BEGANS TO FALL.

Faith based incititives

9/11

Succesful war with afghanistan

economy reving tax cuts

But without cutting social spending or other types of spending and limiting government waste, tax relief is only a bandaid. Govenment waste is the true source of high taxes.

succesful War with iraq

Depends how you define successful. No exit strategy, no UN support, etc

Economy recovers

I wouldn't say recovers, but I don't think it's THAT bad to begin with.

ANTI GAY MARIAGE BAN

This is debatable, and has been.

The only bad things seem to be a defeict and and bad intel.

The security of this country internally is hurting badly. No cohesive law enforcement standards with respect to anti terrorism (we don't have agencies working together), the border is fair game to anyone with a little guts (and some without), to name a few.

Sorry about spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
How can you make that claim whenever there have been true greats in that role like Jefferson?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sucessful??

Where is Osama??

Where are the WMD's???

Bad intelligence is not only to blame here.....I think bad judgement is.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
All the supposed "good" things Bush is doing, are happening now, the year of the election. Can you say, politics?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
He is a good president, good character, good policies(for the most part) Events dealt him a very bad hand, and I wonder what any other president would have done in that situation.

I also think you're trolling

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
the best president sincereagan, sorry did't make that clear. About the WMD our integence along with other countries intel. show so dam insane (saddam Hussein) was developing WMD and he used the stuff against the kurds. Where is Osama probably somewhere between pakistan and afghanistan. If he is anywhere else the leader of that country knows he is there and how the u.S would appreciate his turnover. If I had the choicer between waiting 2 more years to get U.S approval or remove a mad man from power I would choose now.
Until then my liberial cronies

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I guess everyone forgot about the 21st president. Perhaps you've heard of him. He went by the name Chester A. Arthur.

Dignified, tall, and handsome, with clean-shaven chin and side-whiskers, Chester A. Arthur "looked like a President."

Chester Alan Arthur became the twenty-first President of the United States of America in 1881, with the death of James Abram Garfield. After Garfield�s death Chester Alan Arthur was sworn into the office as President. Since he was the Vice-President, he had no Vice-President to serve with him. Chester Alan Arthur served one term, from 1881 to 1885.

He was ALL about reform. He passed the Chinese Exclusion Act (1882) which kept the Chinese OUT of the U.S. and IN China, where he felt they belonged. He also passed the Tariff Act of 1883, which was supposed to lower tariffs, but didn't really do anything. In conclusion CA was the man.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
he used wmds on the Kurds 16 years ago........

where are the WMD's now?

Show me the evidence that Saddam was an immediate threat or that he was going to destroy America as we were led to believe?? I am happy he is gone, but we went about taking care of Saddam in a real assnine way. We have alienated most of our allies and made the world hate us even more.

My younger brother is over in Iraq right now. Still getting shot at everyday! Lost a 19 year old girl soldier a few days ago. Do you define that as success in Iraq??

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
hope your brothers alright. Saddam has met with terrorist not personaly but hi ranking iraqi officials met with al queada on many occasions. We kill hundreds of terrorist every week and the provisnal goverment is progressing well.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think bush is doing a pretty good job, and I think people complain alot about him.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If only 25% of the # that is said about him is true, that probably makes him the worst president in history

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I agree that Bush has done a very good job, especially given the hand he was dealt. He does need to cut spending, however, and given another term, I am confident that he will do so.

For the life of me, I cannot understand the cries of those that want Bush replaced at all costs! Anybody but Bush, they say! Why is this? IMO, it is because the dems are morally bankrupt, and have suffered many political losses over the past dozen years.

The basic democratic party principles are good ones. As I grew up, my entire family and town were democrat. But the dems have abdicated their responsibilities and have alienated mainstream America. This is why they cry "Remove Bush at any cost". It is a cry of desperation. They have absolutely no better solutions, no alternatives. Sad.

GWB gets my vote in November.

john

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
BUSH SUCKS AND SO DOES THE WAY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE USA WORKS!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Now there's a well-reasoned, intelligent response.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
AHH, we've been overrun with a bunch of Bush suck-asses.

I think you guys who love Bush so much should read a little about a man named David Hackworth, who is infinately more equiped to speak about such issues than you.

Here's an except:

"Sadly, too many of us seem to have bought into the same sort of fear and base propaganda as the good people of Germany when Hitler was promoting his Sieg Heils in the mid-1930s: My country, right or wrong, my country.

Beginning with much of the media, we seem to have forgotten Mark Twain's sage comment: �Loyalty to the country always, loyalty to the government when it deserves it.�

Bet your boots that more than 200,000 American troops now stuck in the Middle Eastern deserts � many living in primitive conditions that we don�t tolerate for farm animals, dodging bullets that cut into American flesh almost daily � surely would appreciate more Americans standing tall and asking the billion-dollar question: Was the Iraq War critical to our country�s national interest, and is the occupation worth the bloody price our grunts continue to pay?

We need to remember that dissent is what America is all about. Wise men long ago guaranteed our freedom to attack city hall by the magic documents that a bunch of dedicated people have fought McCarthy-type gangs time and again over the years to keep alive: the Constitution and the Bill of Rights."

Read about why he's the man.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
GOOD JOB KRAZY... FINALLY SUM IGNORANT PEOPLE CAN BE EDUCATED...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yeah, and by a fellow conservative.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The economy may be rising, but the american dollar's value has dropped 30%, so we would have to be around 13000 to see any real increase.

Where is Osama?

We could of had Saddam the night they ordered him captured him. Don't give me that bs. We could of had Saddam the day the war started, but no, we (Bush) decided to go the most expensive and dumbest way so he could get his oil and so all of our allies think we're idiots.

How is the war with Iraq succesful anyway? People are still dying over there, and the iraqis will hate us forever for killing them.

Bush puts the blame on whoever he can.

I assume you mean gay marriage ban not anti gay marriage ban. Tell me if this makes sense... Pass a law to take away a right.

The basic democratic party principles are good ones. As I grew up, my entire family and town were democrat. But the dems have abdicated their responsibilities and have alienated mainstream America. This is why they cry "Remove Bush at any cost". It is a cry of desperation. They have absolutely no better solutions, no alternatives. Sad.

You do know that Bush will most likely reinstate the draft right?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Bush is the worst president i can remember.
First he allows his PNAC appointees to dupe him and let 9-11 happen. Then he starts and loses 2 wars.
We are getting a very expensive lesson right now of how he has failed at everything he has ever done.Including his attempt at presidency.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join