It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide "gang" of serial killers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is a very interesting story. I started a thread two years ago about the suspicious drowning deaths of almost two dozen wisconsin college students, and it's been widely theorized it's the work of a serial killer or killers. However, local police and media have called all of these deaths either suicides or accidental. View the original thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, two New York city police detective say they can PROVE the drowning deaths in Minnesota and Wisconsin (and 9 other states) are the work of a large group of serial killers. Yes, an organized gang of serial killers operating in different areas of the country. Very interesting, and this would be unprecedented if true. Here's a story that was on the minneapolis news:

kstp.com...

I'll update this if any Wisconsin news stations pick up the story as well.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by outofstep]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This has all the hallmarks of a fledging 'urban myth' - the myths always has morels attached (don't get drunk in this case) and are easily applicable to most social circles.

People do drown when drunk, people do commit suicide, and a minute percentage of people murder.

I'll watch this story, but personally I think it's like joining stars to make a pattern.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think what distinguishes this from the run of the mill urban legend is that that the connections between these drownings was discovered by an intensive investigation by professional investigators.

There is also the similarity between victims--young, athletic, intelligent, male college students.

There is also the presence of the very unusual smiley faces which have been found at the locations at which the bodies entered the water.

If the data are correct, there are some distinctive patterns associated with all these cases that one would not expect to find a group of random drownings involving drunken college students.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join