It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bugging of the UN, Where is the problem????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm kinda confused about this whole thing really! I would be VERY worried if the UN members weren�t bugged by the secret services!!! That�s what they do!!!! And I would almost drop down dead if I found out that every other country wasn�t spying on each other in there!!!!

And people seem to be missing the major question here *why was he being tapped!* there must have been a good reason for it, there not just gonna do it for the hell of it are they!

Everybody who is at the UN must realise that because of who they are and what they do, they will always be watched and monitored! it goes with the territory, accept it or get out (or don't do dirty work)!!!

And as for this Clare Short, she signed the official secrets act! And then she broke it!! And why??? Because she thought it was wrong!!!!

NEWS FLASH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
THINGS LIKE THIS HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO!!!!!

( I haven't meant to offend anybody, these are just my feeling on the matter)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have to agree with you DJ!

What else do they expect??

They all know that when they are in jobs that require some sort of secrecy that there are people who need to know whats going on!

I would be wondering what the SS were getting paid for of they didnt!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
A forum where everyone is going to agree. Yes, always nice by the fireplace
on a cold day. I would suggest the addition of a question or two with DJDOHBOY's
original question. The UN is the meeting place of the whole world's agendas.
As the two of you have proposed, it is logical that they all spy.
So in a Pub, where all are drinking beer, why is one singled out over the rest?
He's drinking beer...... real beer, look at him.....burp. And he is actually
drinking the beer for his mates.....burp.
Fingers point at the UK.....and his mates, the US,..... burp......
Uh....how did the Temperance folks get here in the Pub......burp

/\/ight\/\/ing

Q

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I agree, I would definitely be more worried if UN activities weren't being monitored. If they're taking actions and making decisions to the benefit of all mankind (as they are supposed), then what do they have to hide? This sounds more like a ploy to distract attention from their own problems. i.e.: UN inaction, corruption, kangaroo-court politics, pre-war bribe taking, etc.

Of course, Kofi Annan has his own story on this, which I unfortunately don't have all the details on, but I can't help but bash Hans Blix for this one. He thinks he was bugged because of a click he heard on his phone line...that's it? I hear clicks, buzzes and all kinds of weird noises on phones--it doesn't mean I'm bugged, it means that phone lines DO that sort of thing. The man has no proof whatSOever, yet his story is gobbled up by the anti-US masses as irrefutable fact. Please...
Of course, I would also assume that our taps would be nigh-undetectable anyway.

Not that I doubt for a second that we did have him bugged...simply for the reasons outlined at the beginning of this post. The US is looking out for it's own interests, as well we should. Obviously, no one else is going to!

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Is NZ inadvertently spying on the UN?
Green MP Keith Locke wants Helen Clark, as Minister in Charge of the SIS, to reassure New Zealand that we have not been inadvertently helping Britain or the US to spy on the United Nations.
www.scoop.co.nz...

The Spying On the UN Secretary General is Part of a Larger Campaign to Undermine the UN Mission in Iraq
More evidence emerged Thursday about the United States and Britain�s underhanded tactics aimed at undermining the United Nations Security Council as it considered a U.S.-backed resolution in launching a preemptive strike against Iraq last year.
www.globalresearch.ca...

US Spied on Its Allies During the Creation of the UNThe London Observer's revelation that the US, via the National Security Agency, is spying on the member-nations of the UN Security Council reverberated around the Net as soon as it appeared in the 2 March 2003 issue. According to the story, a leaked email reveals that the NSA and an intelligence agency from another country are trying to find out how the other countries are going to vote regarding the situation with Iraq.
www.thememoryhole.org...

Spying on U.N. is truly irresponsible
British Prime Minister Tony Blair says former Cabinet minister Clare Short's allegations are "deeply irresponsible." But the very same condemnation surely could be made of spying on U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan during the run-up to the Iraq war.
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJDOHBOY
And people seem to be missing the major question here *why was he being tapped!* there must have been a good reason for it, there not just gonna do it for the hell of it are they!

The Big stink this has caused I think its more due to the fact that its not the fact that they were spying, but that they got caught. And it is true spying on the UN goes on all the time. This is nothing new.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Any nation worth its salt bugs the UN. It's sort of one of those unwritten rules that since we're all bugging it, nobody really cares.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yep, the UN is highly monitored

new topics

top topics

join