It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First cloned dog set to produce offspring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

First cloned dog set to produce offspring: researchers

www.breitbart.com

The world's first cloned dog will become a father next month in the first breeding of cloned canines, South Korean researchers said Friday.

Snuppy, the cloned Afghan hound, successfully impregnated two cloned bitches of the same breed through artificial insemination, the Seoul National University researchers said.

Ultrasonic tests showed the foetuses [sic] were all healthy and they are expected to be born between May 16 and 20.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I was curious as to how everyone thought about this. I don't personally object much to cloning the dogs. I think we have a lot to learn about genetics, and this is a means to do so. However, it brings up the issue of an eventual human cloning and why it would need to be done. It seems we may reach the point of doing it because we can. I'm mainly referring to a cloned embryo being born and allowed to live out it's life. On a species scale we might be able to answer questions we didn't know existed, but on a personal level I would feel very sorry for the individual. I can't imagine the life long testing and worry they would experience.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
ok, from the headline i thought this was going to be about dogs giving birth to cloned researchers. =)

[edit on 25-4-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Haha, wow, I didn't even catch that. I'll see what I can do.

top topics

join